Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I might be the only one who didn't know this but... >
  • I might be the only one who didn't know this but...

• I might be the only one who didn't know this but...

Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM

When I use the wet wipes to clean the handle, I wipe that seat & sides, too. I use them so much now that when I find that a store is out of them or doesn't use them, I'm reluctant to use the carts.
    Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 AM

I always take sanitizer with me and if the store does not furnish sanitizer, then I use mine with paper towel. I wipe off that top basket completely and then handles on cart and edges of both baskets. Sometimes I wipe off my purse handle, then bottom before doing the cart. It is hard telling what germs lerk in those baskets.
    Old 05-14-2012, 09:50 AM

I agree that everything is over sanitized these days...my kids (22 & 23) were never sick as kids..they attended day care for 3 hours a day....My sister who did want her kids to get germs from other kids would not let her kids attended day care.....and guess what? her kids were sick all the time

just use common sense and wash your hands
    Old 05-14-2012, 10:02 AM

well don't forget if you do put your purse there to zip it closed and baby strap it it. so if they try to grap and gun the cart goes with them.
    Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM
    Power Poster

I wash my hands really good after being out in public. I, too, flip the plastic piece up before putting my purse into a cart! There is only so much you can do...there are germs everywhere!
    Old 05-14-2012, 12:05 PM

Now, what mother would put a kid in a cart without changing his diaper? And just becuase his diaper's filled doesn't mean it's spilling out. Anyway, that is what the plastic cover is for, for the kid to sit on, and you can flip it up and not use it. Kids don't fit into the seat with it up. Now, instead of this, we should be worried about setting our purse on the floor of the bathroom - that's gross!
    Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM

Yes, that's why I put feet on my purse: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...n-t188650.html
    I also use the antibacterial wipes found in most grocery stores. I do not want to get paranoid but think wiping down the handle and seat couldn't hurt.

You really do not want to think about it too much. The bagel bin? They've found fingernails in there. I still shop the bulk bins but I just really do not want to think about the others that do.
    Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 PM

two things I do are: use a cart thats outside sitting in the sun because the sun kills germs and when using a public restroom, if there are no hooks, I put a seat protector on the floor for my purse. {and one on the seat for my bum}
    Old 05-14-2012, 01:29 PM

Before I would ever worry about a few germs on that seat , I'd worry about someone coming along
    and grabbing that purse and stealing it. ??/ there has been a rash of people stealing from others
    in our area of NNY. What is the matter with folks. They usually get caught.
    Old 05-14-2012, 02:03 PM

In most of the local stores with carts, they are providing Disinfectant wipes for you to use.