I need to VENT!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:07 PM

OUTRAGEOUS :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Definately, time to find a new Dr.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

That can't be legal. I wouldn't just find another doc I would call the district attorneys office where this doc is located. He claim he will only have a certain amount of patients how does anyone know that is true? You don't, he could get all this money up front and take off to Guam or someplace and everyone would be out the money. I SAY TURN THIS GUY IN. Wouldn't you feel terrible if you didn't and 6 months from now find out he ripped off all these people and you might have been able to stop it. Once again I would call the DA's office.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:17 PM

Att'y Gen'l gets my vote. but there's no misrepresentation so far. you choose to or not.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:26 PM

Yep, I've heard of this. In fact read an article about similiar situation in Florida. It is not illegal and seems like there are many MDs doing this. Something about a Gold Plan. Much like the different plans for insurance.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:36 PM

Well ya know, I told my pain management dr at the VA that I want to get off all man made meds, and grow my own meds, or get them from the health food store,,Ellen G White said everything on this earth was created to help us live better, herbs were created to be used as meds, I'm going to learn to make these healing teas and what have you,,there are quite a few books out just for this purpose,,Back to Eden by jethro kloss is one I'm reading now (as a matter of fact it's late being returned to library,,mybad)
Old 02-20-2010, 01:37 PM

That is an OBSCENITY!! Who do these so called dr.'s think they are? I have never heard of this before now, but IF it is legal, I'm sure it will spread. But what they aren't realizing is that there is a HUGE difference between legal and ethical!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
Something about a Gold Plan.
We need docs who work on the 100% cotton plan so we can pay them with funky chicken blocks. lol

I think it is outrageous and I'm glad you won't be suckered.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by kate59
Well ya know, I told my pain management dr at the VA that I want to get off all man made meds, and grow my own meds, or get them from the health food store,,Ellen G White said everything on this earth was created to help us live better, herbs were created to be used as meds, I'm going to learn to make these healing teas and what have you,,there are quite a few books out just for this purpose,,Back to Eden by jethro kloss is one I'm reading now (as a matter of fact it's late being returned to library,,mybad)
I agree with you. Years ago my DD fell in the road and needed over 50 stitches on her chin. We were told that a year after it healed she would have to go back every 6 months for about 4 years and have it sanded so the skin would be smooth. The day after she got the stitches I started to put honey on her face. I knew it was a healing agent this was before there was a thing called internet. Honey is amazing google benefits of honey. On her 6 month check up the plastics dr could't believe how she had healed there was no need for her to come back. I told him about the honey and gave him a copy of the info. The doc was going to start to tell his patients to use it for healing. My DD is now under doc care for 8 months and her wound won't heal, I wanted to put honey on it but was told not to. I wish I hadn't listened to the doc I am sure she would have healed if I used the honey this time. Another thing with natural healing. I am at the age that the doc THINK I should be on hormone replacement. I don't think so. Instead I try and eat lentiles everyday they are natural in estrogen and you only have to eat 1/4 cup. I feel people don't need meds what you need is sitting right in your pantry not your medicine cabinet. Nausa......peppermint tea for gas..........fennel tea, a natural anitbiotics..... honey and garlic and for Arthritis......every morning a drink of apple cider vinegar honey and tea. The list goes on and on. There are also pressure points a headache take ice and put in on the fat part of where your thumb is connect to your hands. Give it about 20 minutes and the pain will be relieved not gone all together but MUCH better. I get migraines and that is what I do. I have told many people and I know a few have come off their med and do the ice trick and take only tylenol. I ONLY BELIEVE IN NATURAL HEALING. You have the right idea kate59 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: And let us not forget we are what we eat.
On the other hand at times you do need a doc care. If it wasn't for the amazing docs at University hospital glueing my DD brain back together my DD would not be alive today.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by kate59
I agree with you. Years ago my DD fell in the road and needed over 50 stitches on her chin. We were told that a year after it healed she would have to go back every 6 months for about 4 years and have it sanded so the skin would be smooth. The day after she got the stitches I started to put honey on her face. I knew it was a healing agent this was before there was a thing called internet. Honey is amazing google benefits of honey. On her 6 month check up the plastics dr could't believe how she had healed there was no need for her to come back. I told him about the honey and gave him a copy of the info. The doc was going to start to tell his patients to use it for healing. My DD is now under doc care for 8 months and her wound won't heal, I wanted to put honey on it but was told not to. I wish I hadn't listened to the doc I am sure she would have healed if I used the honey this time. Another thing with natural healing. I am at the age that the doc THINK I should be on hormone replacement. I don't think so. Instead I try and eat lentiles everyday they are natural in estrogen and you only have to eat 1/4 cup. I feel people don't need meds what you need is sitting right in your pantry not your medicine cabinet. Nausa......peppermint tea for gas..........fennel tea, a natural anitbiotics..... honey and garlic and for Arthritis......every morning a drink of apple cider vinegar honey and tea. The list goes on and on. There are also pressure points a headache take ice and put in on the fat part of where your thumb is connect to your hands. Give it about 20 minutes and the pain will be relieved not gone all together but MUCH better. I get migraines and that is what I do. I have told many people and I know a few have come off their med and do the ice trick and take only tylenol. I ONLY BELIEVE IN NATURAL HEALING. You have the right idea kate59 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: And let us not forget we are what we eat.
On the other hand at times you do need a doc care if it wasn't for the amazing doc at University hospital my DD would not be alive today.
then I'm a massive cookie :)
Old 02-20-2010, 03:12 PM

I hadn't heard of having to buy your way in to a practice, but I have heard of elite practices. What I've read is more that the doctors may charge more than the going rate and may not participate in most insurance plans. And of course they limit their patient numbers and visits per day so they can focus more on each patient.

I don't think setting limits on the number of patients or visits is a bad thing, though only the wealthy will be able to afford it.

But the buy-in fee is ridiculous. I can't imagine he'd be allowed to remain in any negotiated fee networks (like PPOs or HMOs), but I doubt he wants that anyway.

Move on. Perhaps you might want to publicize what he's doing online. There are several doctor ratings websites where you can post this. If he is part of a provider network for your health insurance, then you can report it to them as well. Maybe even get a reporter for your local newspaper to do a feature story on it. Or have John Stossel do his That's Outrageous thing for 20/20 or whatever his TV show is.

Probably it won't harm the doctor. Probably certain people will flow to him. But he'd better be a top-notch physician.