Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I pad decision

Here is a problem I have encountered - the free wifi at a retail establishments is sometimes very very slow - it is hit or miss. I get the wifi signal, but then the device cannot connect. I have this problem at my gym. Free wifi, but, so inadequate as to be unusable. So I don't think I am able to depend on it. My library has great free wifi.
    Alyce

Haven't used an ipad, but I love my kindle. I sit up in bed at night and enjoy my videos

I have the Kindle Fire which I can download books from Amazon or from my public library, read my mail, has alot of apps that can be had. I also have an IPad Mini, does the same thing as the Fire plus alot of other things. Once again alot of apps are available to download.
    Pat in MN

Quote Originally Posted by Mimmis57 View Post
    I pad or Kindle, any thoughts? I would love an I pad but I sure don't want the added expense. Would I be able to access the internet on a kindle or e-reader? Thanks for your help.
    I have a Kindle Fire and you can get onto the Internet with it.

I would go with the samsung tablet. I have an ipad and I honestly don't care for it at all

Play with your ipad, get a simplified guide to help and see the many things you can do. i have both Ipad and a Samsung and use my I products more often

Blog Entries
    I have purchased 3 Kindles and have love, love, loved them. I surf the web, read the QB, do my banking on them. Make sure you don't buy the reader, then you won't be able to search the web. Good luck in your decision.
    Judi from Denver, aka Nonna Judi

I got a used Samsung table 8" mdl 5110. It can connect to my internet as well as those at the fast food joints free (if they have free internet). I can read from it using one of the many book apps, watch videos, read my emails and search the internet. When searching for a tablet, some use only bluetooth, some use only wi-fi and some use both. Mine uses both so I was lucky as I wasn't aware of this option.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    It might depend on the Kindle you have, I get internet, you tube, Missouri Star videos etc on mine as well as many games. Check out the various features on both. I love the customer service I get from Amazon with my Kindle, I have the instant chat feature and they can't see you but you can see them and they show you step by step what to do to fix what ever problem you have. When they are advising you what to do they circle the area where you are to do whatever it is they are asking you to do. They are also very friendly and know what they are doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2