Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I was stupid but this stupid >

I was stupid but this stupid

I was stupid but this stupid

Old 09-25-2011, 09:02 AM

Several years ago, on my last day of teaching, I informed one of my classes that they were walking advertisements for family planning. Love not having to deal with these kids day to day.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

oh MY GOODNESS .. Math is everywhere, quilting, sewing, building, cooking .. everywhere in life.. the checkbook well ya all get what I mean !
I hope they aren't really umm that math challeneged in their own lives.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:11 AM

You could tell the voice over was cut in to make it say math and gravity... especially the gravity one was very poorly done. LOL, for which I thank goodness.
But it is very true, the Jay Leno spots are so sad/scary they are hardly funny.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 AM

You must notice the voiceovers for the word gravity. I assume the question really was about evolution/creation.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:26 PM

I know lots of former pageant ladies, and none of them were that dumb! Most were highly educated, intelligent young women who were serious about getting an education and the value of a good education for everyone.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Kas

I was watching America's Most Smartest Model and they asked one guy if his parents were native born Americans. He said no, they were from California, Northern California!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:43 PM

Was in dental office. I had already paid the $75.00 the girl said was my fee for a first visit. I paid her in cash..counted it out to her..$50.00, $20.00, and a $5.00 bill..fifty, seventy, seventy-five dollars...she then took those bills, and added them on calculator before printing me a reciept.
I figured she was having to record the amount on the calculator tape for the bookkeeper.
After my visit, which included an extra xray..girl says.."Your total came to $76.48, and you need to give me...."...uses the calculator again..."$1.48."
I asked her if she really needed to use a calculator to figure that out...yep she did, was her answer. OK then...I gave her two one dollar bills...she gives me back 48 cents...after hesitating over that change drawer several minutes...after she dropped the change in my hand...I laid it out on the counter..."Is this right?"...she said yes... I said.."You owe me 4 cents...I would not have said a word, but she clearly was not able to make simple cash transactions without a calculator.
I was waiting during this transaction, for my hubby to nudge me to just leave well enough alone...but he didn't...when we got out the door...he started on the change jokes..."Hon, what's 1.00 minus 48 cents?"...maybe you should have given her a dollar and she may have given you change...lol...
We get to Walmart...all through the store, he's asking prices, and what he will have left after he pays with a dollar...he was as amazed as I was that a grown woman could not do simple math...hope she's not the bookkeeper there.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:01 PM

thought maybe this would be a blonde joke but then noticed they all weren't blonde.lol lol. i think we all are in big trouble if this what we have to depend on later in life. i get dibs on the old nurse from the sixties.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:33 PM

I did the needle location thing recently and had to rip out a lot of seams.....I really double check now!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

WOW. Maybe out educators should listen to this and realize what a high level of intelligence is being taught in our school systems. I'm dumbfounded at this. Compared to them I am right up there with Einstein.