Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
i want a weekend do over - nothing good about it >

i want a weekend do over - nothing good about it

i want a weekend do over - nothing good about it

Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Oh my so sorry. I hope things get better and soon
Old 05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

You did nothing wrong during pregnancy. They believe this is genetic. It came down through the family on one side or the other.

There has been some talk about the mercury in infant shots but it has been proven to be false. Some still believe it is true. It is kind of up to you to believe what you want to.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ajat0921
My husband is in denial of this, and refuses to talk to me about it, but is happy go lucky about anything else you talk about.

my mother asked if I did something wrong while pregnant.
I am so sorry you have to deal with this as well as the autism.

Husbands can be so wierd about perceived imperfections, he probably thinks it is his fault. My husband's mother's last child had a neural tube defect and died at six months. He never said anything during our five loses, but I came to find out that he thought it might be his fault our babies died. It is so strange how deep men can be sometimes. I believe is it because they love us so much and when they can't fix something it just eats at their heart and they shut down. I know I never expected my husband to think the way he did.

I don't mean to sound to over angry, but what your mom said, she should be so ashamed. I will never understand a mother treating her child like that. Moms should really try hard not to say such thoughtless and insensitive stuff. One time in the hospital after I had lost the twins at almost 20 weeks. My mom came in and told the doctor (in front of me) "I don't understand, I had six children I didn't even want with no problem, why does she keep loosing these babies." So you are not the only one with an insensitive mom.

I am so sorry your weekend went so bad, hope you were able to get a glass of wine today. Take care of yourself, you are definitely needed by your family. Maribeth
Old 05-11-2009, 04:41 PM

I'm so sorry. Sometimes mom's can say insensitive things without realizing it, maybe because they are still in shock over the news, and feel they somehow have to justify or find a reason or a cause, cus in their minds they're thinking this just can't happen, there has to be a reason. I'm so very sorry you're going through this, but you have received some very good advice here, hope you are able to make a connection with Rhonda's daughter, i'm sure that will be so helpful (((hugs)))
Old 05-11-2009, 05:03 PM

Today is another day! My brother is a deputy and he is the most laid back easy going person I know. Must be something with the job!
Praying that you get the answers you need to help you be the best mom for your twins! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 PM

Here comes a hug.