Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED. >
  • i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED.

• i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
    Power Poster

what is wrong with people?????? i ran into people i worked for 30 yrs ago, and they proceeded to tell me of their daughters horrible divorce, then HOW SUCESSFUL she was 'coz ( at least10 times told me) how much money she makes selling mattresses!!!! so success is measured in dollars still. to me success is being happy, setting a goal and accomplishing it. not $$$$$$$. but i guess to those people, success is getting marred.
    what's the rush. take your time and enjoy life
    Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 PM

Absolutely nothing wrong with being an unmarried 21yo. Why rush into marriage just because everyone is pushing it and then end up divorced 2yrs later? Wait for the right man, it'll happen. My DH and I were married after knowing each other only 3months. We've lasted 37yrs but there were some rough patches. Enjoy your youth! There will be precious little time when the babies start arriving...just ask my 30something niece who has a 3&1/2yo and a 6mo old. She's lucky to get a shower in the morning before going off to work!
    Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 PM

Good for you girl. My GD is 21 and not even looking. She says she is waiting for the guys her age to grow up.
    Old 11-15-2010, 12:54 PM

No it isn't that bad! Enjoy the stage of life you are in. I was married at 27 and when I announced I was getting married a Sister in law told my Mom, "Gee I thought Emmy would be an old maid" There are just rude people out there and can't get ahold of the fact some people are single longer or just don't want to be married. I wanted to wait for the right one and the Lord gave me the one just for me! He is worth the wait!! We have been married now for 271/2 years and it has had ups and downs but I wouldn't want to go through those with any one else!

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
    Okay, okay, I am old enough to be married, but what's the rush?! I'm 21 and today I ran into someone I've known for quite a while (a friends mom) and she proceeded to tell me of all my friends that are married, are getting married and says to me "Well Hailee, when's it YOUR turn?"

I wanted to respond rudely, but merely laughed it off...then called my mom and vented about it.

Seriously. Is it really that bad that I'm 21 and not yet married? grr...
    Old 11-15-2010, 01:39 PM

no. you're not old. i got married at 38 and had the love of my life, my daughter, at the age of almost 40. we're happy, settled, & ready for a family.
    Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM

Like my dad always said-----"you still have the eggshell hangin'" OR
    "you're still wet behind the ears"
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 PM

Haha wow, you all speak my words for me :)

I'm waiting for boys to grow up, having too much fun spending money, and figuring out who I am! I obviously haven't met the right guy but in my brothers words "Hailee, when you meet the right guy, he is going to be amazing. Because you're my sister and you deserve amazing!" (yes, at this point I was crying...)

Maybe if my oldest brother and older sister didn't marry at 19 I wouldn't feel so much pressure? haha

Hmm...between this board and Michael Buble's "I just haven't met you yet" I think, by golly, I might make it a bit longer haha
    Old 11-15-2010, 03:13 PM

"Well Hailee, when's it YOUR turn?"

An appropriate and civil answer to get people thinking when they ask rude questions, such as that one:

"Why do you need to know?"
    Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 PM
    Banned

absolutely no....my daughter didn't get married til she was 30.....
    Old 11-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
    Okay, okay, I am old enough to be married, but what's the rush?! I'm 21 and today I ran into someone I've known for quite a while (a friends mom) and she proceeded to tell me of all my friends that are married, are getting married and says to me "Well Hailee, when's it YOUR turn?"

I wanted to respond rudely, but merely laughed it off...then called my mom and vented about it.

Seriously. Is it really that bad that I'm 21 and not yet married? grr...
    My grandkids are in your age bracket and I preach all the time to them NOT to get married young. They need to experience life. Get an education first. See the world. Have fun. It's okay to be single. So far, it's worked.

So, live your life on your own terms and not what is "expected" by others.