Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED. >

i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED.

i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
Okay, okay, I am old enough to be married, but what's the rush?! I'm 21 and today I ran into someone I've known for quite a while (a friends mom) and she proceeded to tell me of all my friends that are married, are getting married and says to me "Well Hailee, when's it YOUR turn?"

I wanted to respond rudely, but merely laughed it off...then called my mom and vented about it.

Seriously. Is it really that bad that I'm 21 and not yet married? grr...
Baby girl! don't even think of getting married till you meet someone that you love so much you can't even think about living without. Someone who makes your eyes lite up when he comes up the walk!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 PM

NO it's not bad! I didn't get married till I was 41 ..and what's the big deal...you don't need a man to make you totally happy!
All my married friends said ,be sure..and also said, "the grass is not always greener on the other side"..
So enjoy your freedom and have fun!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:50 PM

I'm 61 and haven't married - so just imagine the comments I have received over the years. They get ruder as one gets older, but the thing to remember is that the opinions of those sort of people do not matter...I accept the fact that they haven't the capacity to think any more expansively. What is meant for you will not pass you by - do some travelling and enjoy life and these things will not concern you.
As an extra thought, my group of female friends got married at 27, 41, and 51(after she tested him out for 20 years). So to each his own...
Old 11-15-2010, 08:33 PM

All in good time my pretty, all in good time.
Don't let people get you down. When the time is right you will know. I have a son aged 31 who still lives at home. and there are no plans for him to move anytime soon. What will be will be.
By the way he has a civil service job with full medical benefits :~D
Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 PM

I am so happy to read this thread. I am 31 and single and all my friends are constantly trying to get me hitched. I love them and their families I am the standby babysitter and love it. I can return their children :) But there are times I feel like they are pressuring me to get married. I don't mind the set-ups cause you will never meet Mr Right if I don't keep trying them on.
But as someone said earlier I want to find that one that lights up the room when I walk in, who understands me for me. And last but not least understands my fabric obsession, desire to quilt on a Friday night instead of going out, and that I spend a small fortune on a new embroidery machine :) Oh wait and I could wish likes to spend money at the quilt shop :-)
Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Dee

Take your time. Enjoy your life and when marriage happens, you'll know. My DS was 37 when he married.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:31 PM

I have a SIL that married the first time at 66 and he was and 89 year old widower. He is 94 and still going strong. He promised her 10 years and is half way there. In addition, he just retired in June when he had hip replacement. Fantastic Guy!!~!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:04 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. You're still a spring chicken and have plenty of time for Prince Charming to find you. She's probably just jealous that she's not in your shoes. Think of all the quilts you can make in your spare time. I can't think of anyone who would rather be changing diapers than quilting.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:44 AM

You should have said I am not old enough to get married. My niece, just grad from law school is getting married over the holidays. She is 27 and wasn't ready to get married until now. SO THERE!!HA So stay smart and don't rush it.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:29 AM

Absolutely not! I met my now-husband when I was seventeen (he was 19) but we waited six years to get married! I wanted to go to college and get started on a career first. You have to know when the time is right.

My husband's best friend got married six years ago, at the age of 35...and they had their first baby last year!