Ironing

Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 AM

As I said after viewing the video on folding a fitted sheets...hahaha...when I have more time than I know what to do with!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by gingerella
Originally Posted by vhiggason
Hello. Does anyone hang their sheets on the line and then bring them in an iron them. Just wanted to know. I have been doing this for years and sure can't wait to put them back on the bed. Is anyone else as crazy as I am? Just doing what my Mom used to do.
I always hang my sheets on the line, and yes, I do iron them. At least I iron the top and pillow slips. The fitted bottom is just too difficult to do.

Actually, we use twin duvet covers for our twin size comforters, and we sleep on a king size mattress. So it is the duvet covers I iron.

Well, let me qualify that. I have an old fashioned "Ironite" mangle and I use that to do my ironing. I iron EVERYTHING that needs ironing, which means that I iron all my husband's shirts and cotton slacks and all my own clothes as well.

My REAL iron is in my sewing room, and there it stays to iron my blocks.
An Ironite? Oh, you are so lucky. I had to leave mine in Ca. when we moved to the midwest. Since then I have got a steam press which is really nice but it is not my ironrite.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 AM

I love to hang everything I wash on the line. Season permitting. I don't iron sheets, but, I do remember my grandmother, ironing everything( except: undies, and socks) including kitchen towels
Old 09-12-2010, 07:41 AM

I like to line dry, however, I do not iron the bedding. I think it takes that fresh smell away. In years past I even ironed the crinkle edges on the diapers.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:46 AM

I like to line dry, however, I do not iron the bedding. I think it takes that fresh smell away. In years past I even ironed the crinkle edges on the diapers.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:19 AM

I don't iron my sheets, however, I do line dry them when weather permits. I always iron my pillowcases, habit from childhood, and the coolness of the ironed pillowcase feels so good. :thumbup:
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Whatever makes one feel good - - - -
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 AM

I don't iron sheets, either. I use a dryer and take them out immediately and fold nicely.

My mother used to make me iron my father's boxer shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE ironing clothes! But, I'll iron fabric ANY day! LOL
Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Iron sheets? Not just no but HELL NO! Nor do I line dry. Life is too short and I have too many fun things to do, so housework in general takes a back seat. Well - to be honest, it takes the fold-up jump seat in the back of a very large SUV.

My mom irons sheets though, and a lot of other things.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I had a neighbor who ironed her sheets. But the oddest thing I ever seen was my Uncle Randy, he would iron his boxers.....LOL

lightly starched.....LMAO
We had to iron my dad's boxers and handerchiefs when we were kids. We also used an old roller iron that you sat in a chair and operated. Did sheets, pillowcases.....ironed just about anything cotton. Thank goodness for poly-cotton now :-)