Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep! >

Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep!

Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc View Post
Go to store & get a bottle of MOnkey Butt powder. That is the best stuff I have ever used. Big boys or little boys. DS uses it especially durning football. Wipe him off really well when you change him even pee. He may have an ammonium burn. Boy's pee is stronger than girls for some reason.
Thanks for that tip! I'll check it out. He is doing better today bum-wise so that is a plus.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
Sorry that you are getting very low on sleep. I'm not anywhere close to be able to help. I don't know that a puppy would be better if it wasn't used to sleeping alone. It could whine most of the night and keep you awake also.
Too true. In addition, if I did have a puppy, I'd be on the QB begging to trade my puppy for a baby! Haha!!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. I know I am not the only one to wander through the day in a sleep-deprived fog and I appreciate knowing I can turn to the QB for support and kind words. Lucky for me I haven't lost my sense of humor - without that I'd be up a creek!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:34 AM

I missed my kids also, then came the grandkids, love them sooooo much and they are a ball, i take care of the two youngest while my son and DIL work, they are 2 1/2 and his brother is 15mos. what a handful, but they keep me young and very very happy.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:06 AM

I gave up with the last one and just tucked her into bed with us, although that is not politically correct these days. Have you tried running the vacuum cleaner? Sounds weird, but some babies like the noise.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:09 AM

I have a puppy that is worse than a house full of 2 years old. She is only 6 months, cannot wait till the puppy years are over. I had 4 children within 5 years and she is worse than they were, ever. Oh well, since my children live hours away I guess the puppy makes life interesting.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Oh, I remember this stage... somewhere around ten months both my babies would wake up in the night for no apparent reason. After a couple of nights of this, we realized they just wanted attention. It took several nights of my DH holding me down in bed to keep from giving in. They really don't need anything, and if you can tough it out for three or four nights, they'll stop waking up. Seriously.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

I guess I'm the odd one. I have never missed my kids being little. I love them more then life but so glad when they got older. My oldest never slept much and so I didn't either. Both of my kids wouldn't eat much and that caused me a lot of hassle from in laws and relatives that said the kids needed to eat and I needed to make them. ? They thought my kids were too skinny. Next to their kids they were! LOL

I always checked on them when they cried and held them. If anyone ever prevented me from holding my crying baby then they would be out of my life forever. DH always got up with me when our babies cried to see if they were okay.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 01-14-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 PM

I don't have any kids of my own (yet!) but I do have lots of friends with little ones. And I have to second helenhiwater with the vaccuum cleaner. Apparently some kids love any sort of white constant noise - vaccuum, extractor fan, hairdryer - it calms them right down.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 PM

I too been there with mine. But last night I could have joined you - the 13 year old "puppy" we have, had surgery yesterday and woke me up whining at 3am (time for pain meds). I surely miss the year kid years and would love "sometimes" to turn back the hands of time, "sometimes"!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:27 PM

i totaly sympathise my 18month old still dosent sleep through the night and im pregnant again so im realy short on sleep but it will all get better some time.