Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep! >

Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep!

Its 4 a.m. and the baby won't sleep!

Old 01-14-2012, 04:27 PM

I wish I was closer to help out... I love holding the babies... I miss having a baby around... I know they are alot of work but they sure are so much love.... Hang in there... this time will pass so fast... you too will miss it..
big hugs
Quiltinmama
Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 AM

if the vacuum or the washing machine and dryer don't work, try a radio on low. this is probably controversial, but 199 yrs ago when my kids were little they were prone to ear aches and our dr prescribed tylenol with codeine . he said pain is worse at night when there's no distraction, and with the medicine everyone sleeps and is better able to deal with it in the morning. a little ibuprofen, or whatever they give to babies now, would surely not be out of the question.? i would ask the dr if there is something that would soothe him and help him sleep.
other than that, if you'd like to send him to pa. i'd be happy to rock him and walk the floors. it's been a long time but i'm sure i remember how! lol! i love the feel of their warm snuggly bodies and the smell of clean baby. my eldest is 33, and while he smells nice, it just isn't the same! his daughter is 6 months old, now that's what i'm talkin' about! but they live in texas so visits are very few and verrrry far between, so i'd love to have a little one to love and comfort. and i promise, in 30 or 40 yrs, i'll give him right back!

Last edited by nancia; 01-16-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM

I was going to suggest a box fan for white noise, that's what we used. My vacuum cleaner is way too loud and would drive ME nuts, lol, plus fans are designed to run for hours. We put the fan on the floor at the foot of the crib, so the air would blow under the mattress instead of over him. His room was opposite the kitchen, so we needed some white noise to drown out the clinking of dishes, etc.