Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's not what the weather is doing, it's how I perceive it!

It's not the weather so much as the 12 - 18 in of snow in the drive. Yes my husband can drive me to town but after about 4 days I want to drive & that's when I get irritated.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    But it's tradition to gripe about the cold in winter and heat in summer!
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Although I am retired now, and do not have to be anywhere, I still get a little thrill at a snow day. I declare it a day off from working, (housework) get out my hand piecing and take a ME day.

Oh I definitely complain about heat. I moved closer to the coast to get out of the Sacramento valley because I couldn't handle the summers there. I get dizzy and nauseated from too much heat, it's miserable for me. When it's cold I can just bundle up if I'm chilly, but if I'm hot there's only so much I can take off! I do my best to avoid heat, it really makes me unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    ha, ha. Yep, you just can't plan what the weather is going to do. Burrr. Below zero is cold!! I do not love the snow though. not when I"m house bound. Neither do my cats. but nothing we can do, so cuddle up!
    LOL, in AZ 50 is cold!!
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I just love the winter snowy weather, but my body directed me to move from Missouri to Texas this past summer. I can go out without a big bulky winter coat, fur lined boots, mittens and hats. Well in Texas, I cannot believe, there are people that have their bulky winter coats, fur lined boots, mittens and hats. I ware a long sleeve shirt, capris and flip flops. But I have been reminded that we are in Texas, (southern part) and that is what Texan's do. Well, to each their own, I know it will be hot in the summer but it was Hot in Missouri too. I have the weather where ever I am at. My body is another story. Love 4 seasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2