Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >
  • Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

• Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-09-2012, 05:11 PM

MJ have you looked at what it cost for the online WW? sometimes it is cheaper than going to the local sessions.

Love your block. I thought the color was purples....lol very nice block. I don't know a sewing table that isn't messy when we are working on blocks.
    Old 01-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Lost two pounds this week. Was happy to see it go. Managed to go to our monthly women's breakfast at Church without doing too badly.

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/index.html

This site gives all the WW tools on the left side of the screen. Lots of helpful info. And it's all free.

Last edited by Toni-in-Texas; 01-09-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added more info
    Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM

OMG!!!! I was doing so well. It was a bad day at work and I found some of my favorite candy I thought it was all gone. I think I ate about 1,000,000 calories worth of it. I couldn't stop. I was going to throw it away but was afraid I would go in the trash after it. I put it down the garbage disposal. Better get my butt out of bed in the morning and get on the elliptical. Getting back on track tomorrow.
    Pat
    Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Hi, yourself, Lisa. What's going on with the firefighter?

MJ, your blue block is very pretty. I really like the dark blue. Personally, I didn't find WW much help except for the weekly weigh-in and you can do that here or on my fitness pal. It may have been that I had a husband and four of my five children at home so I had plenty of human interaction. I found Overeaters Anonymous much more worthwhile, but that's another story. The old WW plan had way too many carbs for me. I'm not familiar with the new point counting one.

mim, today is a new day. Put the pretzels in serving size bags if that would help. Though it's probably better to overeat pretzels than my problem which currently is candy.

meanmom,congrats on putting candy down the disposer. I think I'll throw some in the woods for the squirrels.

Maggiemay, I like to have the bulk of my carbs by lunch time. I have a chart from a book I purchased several years ago that list AM fat blocking foods and PM fat burning foods. The carbs are all in the morning.

Short an sweet and Toni, 2 and 2 1/2 pounds are nice losses for 9 days. Good for you.

My soup did vaporize a pound. My weight was down a pound this morning. I did have a small sundae at Mickey D's this evening. That's where my grandson wanted to eat and my daughter wanted me order something. There isn't much on their menu I can have. How's that for an excuse to eat ice cream? Even then, I had my throat close up when I ate one of my GS's fries. My daughter's response, "Okay, now we know sulfites are used to keep the fries white". Poor kids - their eyes get so big and round when this happens.

I had more of my soup when I arrived home. Can I lose another pound? Probably not. Too short a walk and too much time in the car. My other GS's bb game was on the other side of the state and his mother doesn't drive out of town - I was the chaffeur. His father couldn't get the night off so the young one videotaped the game for him.

Back to the Spicy S I messed up. My daughter will be here Friday so I'm on a deadline. My baby born on Friday the 13th wil have her b'day on the same this year. It's a lucky day for us - she's a lovely daughter and a wonderful sister. When my oldest daughter lost her husband the younger one came and never left her side. I don't see her enough. She lives downstate and has a very demanding job.

I am gaining control of my weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 01-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 PM

i am finally finding list again...one day the list will be easier to find. sent my fat quarter to cindy. not losing very fast this month. first 2 months great this month slower.
    Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 PM

mj--can you do whole foods?
    Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 AM

Taboo Tuesday

This week let's try to avoid WHITE. By that I mean white bread, white rice, any bleached grains...go for the whole grains, brown rice, etc. Don't forget to read your labels, just because bread is brown doesn't mean it's a whole grain. I have been amazed at what is in some breads...personaly I don't want my fiber to be tree bark
    Old 01-10-2012, 09:11 AM

White? Okay. My son has been trying to convert me to brown rice - he'll be happy to have reinforcements. My millet bread is pretty light, but my brown rice tortillas will pass. I can go without bread. I received no star last week. I had wild rice chips at least once - a single serving bag lasts me two days as they are not low fat, but they sure are good.

Welcome back, Susan. Have you used any of your winning FQs? We love pictures.

Jeanne, it's good to hear from you. How did your coffee hour go this week? Mine had some fudge and some Rice Krispie treats with chocolate frosting. I threw away the RK treat because it was canned frosting, but I ate the fudge and it wasn't even good. It aggravates me when I waste precious calories on something that doesn't taste yummy.

I am gaining control of my weight , getting healthier and gaining control of the monster that keeps making my house untidy. I am, I am, I AM!
    Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 AM

Hello ladies,

today at work went well, I did 4 hours and it kicked my butt. They are so willing to work with me so I don't overdo. It was awesome to know this.

I stopped on my way to get more purple batiks for the gumball quilt. I will post a pic of the new fabric that I am adding.

Remember we are in control of what goes in our mouth. I am in control, getting wiser in my choices.
    Old 01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
    mim

I received a lovely FQ from Nancy G yesterday but I couldn't find her list name -- so thank you Nancy -- please PM me so I can let you know directly what I will do with your FQ.

Winning the FQs for Dec has really helped me keep on toward my goal -- At least I stayed steady last week.

Mim