Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-09-2012, 04:07 AM

Morning everyone!

Thanks for the directions to bookmark. I did it once but for the life of me could not remember how to do it again. I've got it now though.

Both my FQ are packaged up ready to ship, hopefully will go out today.

Welcome Quilting_Cari, we would love to have you. You can participate in the chat part just not win the prize for thise month because it's to late to sign up. Our thread is under General Chit Chat and is cal January Weight Loss Thread with a Prize We talk about everything.

Cindy, have you actually started back to work yet. Glad you and Lucy are feeling better.

Nanci, welcome to weight watchers if you decide to join. I only belong to the online group but it's helping and I'm loosing weight.

God Bless everyone and have a great day.

Jeanne
Old 01-09-2012, 07:34 AM

Hi everyone just checking in to say Hi! So Hi!
lISA
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 AM
mim

I was bad last night -- last week was no salt taboo and I should have made it for another week. DH loves stick pretzels and I sucommed -- I was going to eat only 6 and I really weakened. The sad thing is that after those first 6 I started eating automatically -- Not really enjoying -- just munching. Tonite will be better.

Mim
Old 01-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Default FQ's received.

Went to the Post office before going to rehab. For anyone who has not mailed, please PM with when you will be mailing. This is our first month of doing a centralized mailing so i am not going to be hard core if they are not here by the 10th.

So far I have received 10 FQ's, this includes mine. I will look at the final posting of names and see how many more we are expecting. At the end of the week i will post the final list of participants so we all know how many FQ's are here.

I want to encourage everyone to send your FQ if you have not sent yours in.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:42 PM

Jeanne.......I actually go back to work tomorrow at 630 am, will work part of the day and see what happens from there. It is cold and rainy here today and will be even colder tomorrow. I have a harder time with my breathing on these days. So it will be interesting to see how I do tomorrow. i will keep you all posted on how I do.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:03 PM

2.5 lbs so far
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM

I'm still contemplating WW but $50 a month!!! yikes! That is the cost here, also. I may get the materials from the public library and go from there, I haven't decided. I have done better on my food plan today.
I try to stay at 1200-1600 calories, but that is difficult.

Today I started my blues quilt. It will be a sampler using 5 different blue/white fabrics. My dh has been requesting a quilt for 5 years in these colors, now is the time. My goal is a block a day.
Here is my first block laying on my messy sewing table.
I like the patterns so much and will vary each block to be different. My plan right now is to have a 6.5 border of this darker blue on the last, outer border, to have a medium blue border of 2.5 inches after the block edges, and to have flying geese between these two borders made of all the fabrics in the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails bluesblock1.jpg  

Last edited by purplemem; 01-09-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: add more conversation
Old 01-09-2012, 02:31 PM

Pretty block. MJ even if you don't join WW I find their cookbooks a good source for recipes. I usually change them a little for our tastes.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
2.5 lbs so far

good for you. Keep up the good work
Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM

Hope everyone is doing well. So far so good for me today. My daughter is trying to do low carb this week before she goes back to school so her dedication is helping keep me on track. I am not really low carbing it, I still like my cereal in the am, but I am eating on the lower carb end of things. My husband goes out of town for the rest of the week tomorrow & it is always easier for me to eat better when he is gone.

MJ, Have you heard of the website Dotti's Weight Loss Zone? (www.dwlz.com I think). They have tons of WW info on there. I used to poke around on there quite a bit when I was on WW. I haven't been on in awhile so I am not sure if it is still the same. Have you checked out WW at Home or WW online? I think they both may be cheaper- they used to be anyhow. I had success on WW, but like anything else, when you ((me) lapse back into your old patterns the weight creeps back on...So here I am with all of you!