Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 12-30-2011, 09:17 PM

Mom had a nice sewing room, it is being moved to another part of the house, cause her husband has decided he needs his own room, they are not able to sleep together due to his health problems. I can go over anytime to sew or do what I need to do. They will give me my space over there. I think it is worse since I am still out of work. I go back to the doctor next week and hopefully will be released to go back to work.

we keep the dogs seperated as my Lucy is only 6 lbs and my brothers are all over 60 lbs. They are lab mixes. I don't know what the big dogs will do with her, they love chasing the cats that we are trying to get rid of. neighborhood strays that dad feeds....no animal left to go hungry.

I will share pictures once I get the quilt/alter cloth finished. Got new laptop so need to get it ready for use, will be seeing my computer geek tomorrow to get it ready for me to use.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:57 AM

cindy-- sorry you're moved out of your apartment, but how generous of you to let them use it! i love big dogs, but three might be overwhelming. i'm not sure i have enough floor space for them to lie down! 8-). my ladies have totally taken over the furniture so i have plans to make dog cushions for them. they dislike hard floors, poor dears.
lisa-- 3 words for you-- Locks of Love- human hair for wigs for cancer patients. my mom gave 3 times. 10" is the minimum length. 40 " would seem like a gift from heaven!!
irish-- wasn't it jholm who used to write herself notes so she could comment on everyone's entry? i'm going to have to do that or keep editing!LOL CRS is alive and well and in my head!
i had a dr supervising my weight loss and i used to wear a bathing suit under my street clothes so when i got to his office i'd strip down to the suit and sashay up to the scale. did not want to weigh an ounce more than i had to!! at a ww meeting i went to one of the ladies insisted the scale be moved into the bathroom so she could strip to be weighed. the leader had to go in and verify her weight. i try to remember it's just a number, but it's a number i only like with a dollar sign in front of it! and a name signed at the bottom, with my name as the recipient! or in an amount of gold!

Last edited by nancia; 12-31-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:18 AM

When I look in the mirror, I think " I don't look so bad" and then I see a picture of me and I don't look anything like the image I see in the mirror???? my goal is to see the same image in the pictures that I see in the mirror!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Lisa, my goal is to get off Zocor so let's do it together! Hey don't you go winning those FQs on my great idea!!! Here I was thinking that I could go 8 inches...maybe 10 inches but no way 40 inches! lol
Save the hair - I just googled and it seems that hair down your back is 1/4 lb. Not really worth losing those locks, eh? Edie
Old 12-31-2011, 03:58 PM

Default Count me in!

I really need to get back on Weight Watches and this is just the inspiration that I need. I've put a freeze on fabric purchases for a while, but it's different it I win it, right. :-) I'll get my FQ in the mail Tuesday or Wednesday
Old 12-31-2011, 04:10 PM

It seems that the PO Box was deleted for security purposes. So I will send a PM to each person that has signed up with the address. I didn't think it would be as big of a problem being a PO Box.

Sorry.....
Old 12-31-2011, 06:42 PM

I have it, Cindy. I wrote it down as soon you posted it. Now who gets the December FQs? I'm predicting a nice loss of about five pounds will win unless one of our members who has posted every week has been very secretive.

I think I got my burgundy and tan fabrics (one rose) all set for my next table topper. Not totally satisfied and one or two were less than desirable fabrics to get the right colors. If I wash them and starch them well, they should be okay once they're sewn as the pieces are small. Like I tell my fussy first born daughter, they match when they are sewn together. I know that's not entirely true, but it helps to think that when you can't find the 8th match.

I am very tired - imagine that - after spending the day in the company my ex, but I am going to stay up and until midnight and then get a whole night's sleep. I have to count the offering tomorrow and need a clear head. It'a amazing how many people give for the year on January 1st.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.

I
Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 AM

Time to get back to being serious about my weight loss. I have been out of control since Thanksgiving. I did my elliptical this morning for the first time in 2 weeks. I am doing weight watchers but have been off since Thanksgiving.
Cindy that Gumball quilt will be beautiful in purple. I would never have dreamed that pattern would be called gumball. I have in my mind to do a purple quilt but haven't decided on a pattern yet.
Good luck to everyone, but the fat quarters are mine.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 AM

K, I double checked my weight today 1-1-12 and it is the same, didn't expect any loss this week, to much company and to much cooking lol
Old 01-01-2012, 12:27 PM

Happy New Year!! We went to a fantastic celebration last night. A huge buffett (but I really tried to eat fresh seafood and very few carbs) and the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen. We are on vacation at the Dominican Republic. I weighed myself before we left on the 30th. Could that be my starting weight for Jan? I won't be back until Jan 9th so maybe I miss the mail in deadline anyway. I'm off to the pool!
I just read some of the info on here. There's probably no way my fat quarter can get to wherever it needs to go in time. Shoot! I was really hoping to lose a lot this month!