Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Good afternoon all. I am ready for winter to be done, like NOW!!! I spent last night curled up on the couch, inside a sleeping bag and still could barely stand it. Cold is so not my friend.

Okay this is my big taboo, I am a MAJOR salt lover. I don't use much salt when I cook, but I almost always salt my own food. This will be a challenge for me.

Cindy what are fried corn nuggets? They sound yummy.

BARES I'm glad you found us again. I am so sorry about your losses last year, it is always difficult to lose a family member. I don't know how the groups work on here either. But I do bookmark this thread, that way I can find it even if no one has posted recently. Do you work for the Rose parade committee or do you work for a group? That sounds so cool, I love to watch the parade every year.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:32 PM
mim

This weeks taboo is definitely for me!!! I love salty stuff altho not on my food. I can do without a lot of sweets and desserts, but salty??? I need all the encouragement I can get, there
Mim
Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM

Hi y'all. Just woke up (working nights now) and trying to catch up on the Board. Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back to those who have found us again. It's good to hear from you.

What am I doing for me today? -- I'm taking care of me by remembering to eat correctly and take my medication on time. Since I started working again I sometimes forget to do this.

What am I working on? -- Continuing to work on my first stack-n-whack quilt. Need to add the setting triangles and borders before Saturday when my quilt club meets again. Also getting ready for this month's quilt project of a paper pieced block. I've been wanting to try PP and am excited that it is this month's project.

What am I eating? -- Woke up to the smell of a pot of my DH's pinto beans and ham simmering on the stove. Yum!

What am I doing for exercise? -- Not a problem for me now that I'm working at a nursing home. I get all the exercise I need and more! Getting everyone up and dressed in the morning burns off a lot of calories.

Hope all of you have a good week and that those with health problems get stronger every day. I am in control, I am losing, and I'm loving all the support I get from those of you on this Board!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM

salt will be easy for me I never salt anyway
Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM

Like Short an Sweet I never salt. Hubby was a salt-aholic and I broke him of that. Take away my pepper shaker and I will have a problem. LOL!!

I think I have done pretty good. No candy, chips, soda or ice cream in two days. That is good for me. I love candy! I have managed to stay away from it and it is all over the house. It isn't as easy as throwing it out. I am going to let them eat it all and I just won't buy anymore.

I am not a breakfast eater so I am getting through my morning with Instant Breakfast.

I have eat my way through the stress of the last 3 months or so and my weight has definitely gone up. So much so my jeans no longer fit. I now weigh 210 lbs. Yes that is bad for someone only 5'3" but I am now in control.

New attitude for a new me in 2012. God and I are in control! I am going to shrink! My clothes will grow! For my birthday I will get all new clothes!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post

Cindy what are fried corn nuggets? They sound yummy.
Corn nuggets are like corn fritters only bite size. they are awesome. I get them at Chicken Express - a fast food place here. I also find them in the freezer section at walmart.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM

The vet wanted her on the prescription ID food or chicken and rice with chicken broth. They don't want me to use anything other than the rx's given besides the pedialyte. She is starting to feel better.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM

MrsH---- I am sorry for your loss last year. You can take control of your life.

Podunk- I know how you feel after working night shift. I did that for 20 yrs. In the hospital and nursing homes you don't sit still very long. Someone always needs you.

The salt taboo may be a challenge.............but I agree with don't take my pepper away. I use more pepper than I do salt. I don't do all the cooking so I may have a challenge there.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Hi all. I don't have time to catch up on all the posts. I'm on vacation and don't have much time on the computer. We purchased the meal plan here at the resort. We get breakfast and dinner every day. The food is fantastic. I am really enjoying all the fresh organic fruits and vegies grown on the resort owner's farm. It's hard to eat sensilby when we can order anything from the menu.....appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert are available for dinner every night. I am in control, I am in control......I have gotten out for several walks so that's good, right?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:54 PM

Bares, did you win the 301 on ebay Saturday? Were we bidding against each other? Someone had faster fingers than me. I hope it was you.