Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. >

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 AM

Thanks for your kind words, I know a few people who now refuse to be a part of the group because others complained to them about them talking about their health issues. It is sad that someone feels they can't be a part of the group and share things.

I am off to get some things done, geting more veggies, fruit and fish for a more balanced meal. And to get the nails done and some pampering doing so.

today is an improvement in just one day of insulin on my morning blood sugars.

Have a blessed day
Old 01-19-2013, 07:16 AM

Hi Cindy we are all in this together - thank the good Lord for that. The beauty in life are the great highs and the lows only in this way can we appriciate each day knowing we have each other to walk with.

I love shrimp too just had some for dinner last night with a baked sweet potato and my DH found a WW recipe for Collard greens delish didn't think I'd like them but they were really good. I love spinach and the greens were even better only 1point per serving and that was the little bit of olive oil to cook them down with an of course garlic Mmm.

Found a really great treat at Costco "Wild Riceworks" gourmet wildrice crisps sea salt and black sesame. Low in Sat Fat, wheat & gluten free, whole grain brown & wild rice really good 10 crisps 4pts.

Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see whats down!
Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM

Our lives and what's happening in them, health included, affects our weight and so, IMO, does belong on a weight loss thread. Feel free to let us know what happening and how you feel. When I had my first echo cardiogram, one tech said to another, "I've never seen anything like that, have you?" I told them later that that kind of remark might be upsetting to another patient.

I don't know how WW determines their points, but the Riceworks label reads too high in fat for me. One serving is 240 calories with 110 calories of fat. I think potato chips are 140 calories with 70 grams of fat. I bought a small bag of Riceworks for my gluten free GS - that way I can have just one or two crisps.

The greens sound delicious. I'll check them out when I go pick up fruit and veggies today. I wish Hagen Daas ice cream wasn't BOGO, but I can resist because it's too high in fat for me, too.

Pat, it's amazing how carrying a bag of something hurts our bodies and we used to carry that around every day. For those of us who lose weight slowly, pick up two pounds of butter or lard and visualize packing that on your body. Two pounds is much more than it sounds like.

Playing catch up on my mystery quilt. I finally decided on coral stars, now I can move forward.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 01-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Today is tHe baby shower. Here are some of the things I made for it.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 AM

What a lucky baby! The wall hanging is adorable - such a cute fabric. The crocheted things are too cute - I especially like the papoose looking wrap. You made it in time!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM

Thanks Irish! The papoose thing is called a cocoon. They use them for newborn pics.
I don't understand why my pictures turn. 2 are sideways and 2 are upside down. Anyway on my computer. They were fine on my i-Pad.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Cocoon was the word I was thinking of, but couldn't grab. New mothers today don't wrap their babies up the way we did. My GDS are so surprised when my youngest daughter takes a fussy baby and swaddles him and he quiets down. Being Laura, she then gives a lecture.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:54 PM

I totally agree with you, health issue should be apart of our board and yes it does effect our weight. I am praying that with being back on insulin that I dont start to creep back up. It has been a long journey for me to drop the 70 lbs I have dropped. I was 249 before I lost my lung and now I am down to 183.

I do not want to put any of it back on. My gentleman friend that I have my weekly dates with he and I are encouraging each other and when we go out we make wise choices. We went out Thursday evening and went to Applebees and got their new 550 calorie meal, I had chicken, shrimp with zuchinni, red bell peppers and potatoes......I could barely eat all of it. I was full and I did water with lemon. Not too bad as I ate very light earlier in the day since I knew I had the doctor's appointment.

Did my grocery shopping today, bought tilipa, salmon, shrimp, chicken, pork, lots of fresh veggies and fruit. I will be planning my meals and spending the day tomorrow cooking for the week. I will beat this and lose what needs to be lost.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:55 PM

Pam,

Love the baby gifts you did.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM

Well only lost 2 lbs. Pain bad hard to move much but 2 lbs is 2 lbs!!