Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. >

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM

Thanks you ladies for your motivational posts. I have a vacation coming up in May and want to take off a few OR maybe more than a few pounds. I walk at least 2 times a week and swim 3 days. We do water aerobics which keeps my body moving. But I find that swimming laps is more aerobic for me. Now I have to get the junk food removed from the house and start cooking healthy.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Howdy all!

Just checking in for the week. still maintaining. Haven't lost my resolve or resoulution yet. I have been getting a lot more quilting accomplished and walking because i walk back and forth from the ironing board to the sewing machine. I also shop walk at the mall and any other big box store. Just walk walk walk up and down all the aisles. i do leave my money and credit cards at home. Ha Ha! At night i keep my hands busy with embroidery work, and then i run past the kitchen and jump into bed(after i wash my face and brush my teeth that is). biggest problem is drinking enough water. oh well. i keep on trying to drink more.
lisa
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM

Cindy, how 'bout Teriffic Tuesday when it's an add and Taboo Tuesday when it's a not....?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 PM

Wow, 2 degrees with 13 below makes it unlikely to add 10 minutes. 30 minutes was plenty. How many calories did I use just staying warm?

I like Terrific Tuesday and Taboo Tuesday. Out to dinner tonight. I want grilled chicken and avocado with broccoli on the side. Ruby Tuesday puts cheese on it, too. That is the only unhealthy part and I've been eating mostly fruit today to allow for the fat grams.

Do any of the rest of you who live alone get in cooking slumps?

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 PM

Judy I don't live alone but I get in cooking slumps. I just get bored with everything and feel like I just want something good but don't know what it is. I have been craving pizza. A good one. Not sure if a homemade one will satisfy it or not. I might have to make the pizza crust from the Detoxinista website. It was made with cauliflower. I liked it, my DH didn't say a word until I told him what it was. He is picky like that.
We are having a luncheon at school tomorrow. That usually means I will eat too much. We do it once a month. Tomorrow the theme is soup and salad. Doesn't sound too dangerous but most of this group of teachers don't seem to be into healthy food. Before Christmas they did the 12 days of cookies. Luckily I was mostly too busy to get to the teacher lounge to get any. I will do my best and probably have salad for dinner.
Stay warm everyone. It is really cold here too. It was 7 this morning it is supposed to be 4 tomorrow.
Pat
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM

Came home to 2 more squishies

CountryHouseQuilter 3 months
Blondeslave 3 months

they are all so pretty.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM

I hate having to be back on insulin, the weight I had lost this month has found it way back on. UGH!!! I will not let this continue. I went for a walk today after lunch here at work. I did 1 mile with a co-worker and was able to talk comfortably. now to pick up the pace and walk further the next time. SO for me I added 30 minutes to my extra since I hadn't done anything so far with extra excerise than I have done.

I am in control of what I eat and do. SO it is up to me to get my but moving. I have cut out all sodas since last Wednesday. I have been drinking water, sweet tea ( which will be changing with the next pitcher I make, will be sugarless and use splenda or stevia) and my hot tea African Red Bush tea, was sweetening that with honey and now using splenda or stevia

Did anyone see the article in Woman's Day about Paula Dean and how she is changing her lifestye? I enjoyed that article, and one of the things she said is there is no diet food in her house. She use full flavor things and adjust on how much she uses them.

Back to work, luch time is over.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM

I will try tonight to post the pictures of the FQ's aka skinny quarters I have rec'd so far for this quarter. Tried this morning but the pictures wouldnt up load
Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 PM

Oh, I'll be crying about the skinny quarters. They won't be coming to me, so it will be hard to look at them. With the 6-7 pound losses already posted, I'd have to starve between now and the end of the month to get there. WIth only the one or two that I am achieving (it's good, I know), I get beat out every month. Drat, I'll have to figure that out. Maybe if I try the new math it'll be more....?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 PM

Oh, forgot to say I have been walking in the pool for an extra 10 minutes. That is my add for this week.