Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. >

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM

Got my top done!!!! I have it laid out on the living room floor, it is about 97 x 108. Huge!!! I'm going to give it a good look over then stay stitch the edges at 1/8" before I press. I don't normally do this, however this does not have borders and there are a million seams coming right up to the edge. I don't want any of them to come apart, ever!!
It will take me a long long time to press.
I cannot afford to send this thing out to be quilted. I'm contemplating FMQ'ing a rose type design all over the thing. It will be a killer on the shoulders, that's for sure. Just glad to finally have the top done!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

OK, happened onto this thread yesterday and backed out when I read that it was a FQ challenge.
I have a slow metabolism and I am not a competitive person anyway.
However, I need the support.
I have not had time to read all the pages, so my question is: can I be a part of this just for the support, bc while I expect to lose weight, I don't expect I will be winning any races.
What is required of me other than reciprocal support and honesty?
I have tons of support to give. I'm a great cheerleading mousie
Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM

You bet Mousie. You sure can join us. I have been participating for a while and though I have not "won" any of the FQ's I have lost weight. That makes me a winner!

If you want to send in a FQ to participate that is great, but if you just want to participate in the discussions and tips and support that would be great!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Welcome, Mousie, you can participate with or without the FQ part.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM

Wow lots of chit chat on here today. Judy your babies are cute. They are good companions to make you walk everyday. I have been jumping on my elliptical most mornings. It makes me feel so much better. The Fq's are so pretty. I really need to get my butt in gear so they can be mine sometime.
I came home from work yesterday with the most awful stomach pain. It was really weird. I was fine one minute and not the next. I wasn't even sure I could drive home. I debated if I should go to the emergency room. I decided to give it an hour and decide. It felt like someone was ripping my stomach to shreds. It disapeard as quickly as it started. I was completely fine by 2:00. I guess if it happens again I will go to the doctor. No other symptoms. Very strange.
I am not a big fan of ironing either. I started a quilt for my new grandson last night. I have a stash of precious light colored batiks I was saving for something special. I had a hard time allowing myself to cut them. They are some of the fabrics I was hoarding and could never bring myself to use.I am using 4 of them to make a convergence quilt for the background them I am going to machine applique on top of it. I am half way designing as I go. I sure hope it works out like I envision it. I will have to sketch some of it out tomorrow.
Healthy eating and exercise to everyone.
Pat
Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 PM

Just found this thread. Would like to join in Feb. When do you start? What's a good DVD for exercise for a beginner?
I missed Road too. The first partner's DH had a detached retinae and had to nurse him. The second partner's making an emergency trip to S Illinois.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Just found this thread. Would like to join in Feb. When do you start? What's a good DVD for exercise for a beginner?
I missed Road too. The first partner's DH had a detached retinae and had to nurse him. The second partner's making an emergency trip to S Illinois.
I will post the link on this page of the new thread around the 29th or 30th of this month. Would love to have you join us.

Not sure which DVD is a good one to start with. Maybe someone else does.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM

Welcome Mousie......you do not have to send in a FQ fro the encouragement. Anyone is welcome to join in and share. We all need some encouragement.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 PM

Hi all..
Just had to stop in to see how all are doing. Sounds like you all are doing well at staying on program to be healthier
I wonder which will be the winner of those great looking Skinny Qtrs.
I have been working on the baby quilt for our neighbors daughters shower on Feb 2nd. Wish I could get the knack of posting from my mac but so far no luck. It's a 3d pinwheel with two borders it measures about 36 x 48.
Good luck to all
Hugs
Gail
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 AM

Gail I am not good at computers but I do have a Mac. I always have to take my pictures at a smaller size. I have never figured out how to make them smaller on my Mac. My camera will let me take them in a size that it says are the size for email attachments. When I load them on my computer I have the best luck just dragging them to my desktop. I can't get the tree icon to work. I use the go advanced tab below this text box and upload the file from there.
We are having company for poker tonight so I am baking. I hope they eat a lot because I don't need these goodies hanging around here. I made nutella brownies. It is a recipe I have been drooling over for months. And a buttermilk pie, that is an Amish recipe i have. Also making bean soup and cornbread. I can stay out of the pie but not too sure about the brownies. I love , love nutella.
I have tried a couple of exercise DVD's that are for beginners before. They always have things that just don't work for me. I just use whatever DVD I have and modify it down to my level until I advance to the level of the DVD. I have bad knees so I can't do the jumping on most DVD's so a trainer I know suggested i just kinda bounce up and down on those parts. It is easier than trying to find a DVD at your level. And cheaper than trying multiple Dvd's.
Pat