Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: JOKE: Idiot Sightings

funny but so true.
    we had cable being installed in ca. a guy came and fussed at the guy there already why it was taking so long and told him just have to do this and a few other things and they left well still on one tv no cable. my husband came home and looked and he had plug both ends into the tv. i'm thinking the poor guy trying to do it right is being shown and chewed out by the guy that did that type of work and thought he was superior. hope that guy went to another company where he would be treated better. it was taking a long time cause the old cable wires had to all be done anew on a 2600 sq foot home so when the old guy showed up he just had to plug stuff in.

Hattie's reminded me of another one!!!

Had our mail forwarded to another address (a mail forwarding service) for 3 months.
    Decided to come back -- called our little local PO and said to not forward anymore. Returned home, picked up our mail, confirmed they weren't to forward our mail anymore. Over a 6 week period, we received very little mail. Figured they were still forwarding and confirmed with the mail forwarding service that they were still forwarding. Went to PO and:

Dee: You're still forwarding our mail. please don't forward anymore.
    PO worker: No, we're not forwarding your mail.
    Dee: I called the service and they said they got some mail 3 days ago that you'd forwarded.
    PO worker: but we're not forwarding your mail
    Dee: I haven't received my insurance cards or bills from our doctor, NOTHING, you ARE forwarding.
    PO worker: Oh, mail that says "do not forward" we return to the sender.
    Dee: But if you're not forwarding my mail, why would you return it??
    PO worker (frustrated with me): But ma'am we aren't forwarding your mail.
    Dee: right, you're not forwarding my mail, BUT you're returning mail that says to not forward
    PO worker: yes ma'am, we ALWAYS do that!

I walked out
    Went back in 3 days later after I cooled off and talked to the postmaster. Seems she took it off the dry-erase board but didn't put it in the computer!!!!!!!!!!

Heeeeee're your sign!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Please send some more. I need more laughs!

I believe some of these "people" live in my area, just sayin'.

the last post reminded me when we first got here the mailman had put a stop on our mail and sent everything back to wherever it came. we got a call from our house insurance guy that was going to cancel our insurance cause they won't insure a empty house.we had one heck of a time proving we were here. we went to the post office they said it wasn't stopped so we wanted to know why we weren't recieving any mail. but the computer didn't show it was stopped anyway it took 3 months for us to get it straight dealing with the post office. we noticed we didn't have the mailman we had that whole time anymore. i hate when people say but the computer says----the computer only says what was put in so trash in trash out.
    by the way between ca. and ks i think i have met most of those people on that list lol.

I love a good laugh. Keep them coming!

Blog Entries
    :P

Scary to think they live and work amongst us :( :roll:

The other people at work wait for me to get on this site and I give them a copy of the "funny for today." This one had them all holding their sides. My husband always says that if he were a teacher he would teach a class in Common Sense - unfortunately it is not "common" enough.

:lol: Thanks for the laughs to get the morning started. :lol:

Priceless!!!! Kinda scary when you come to think of it 'tho!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blog Entries
    Thanks for a good morning laugh! Enjoyed all the stores!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QBeth
    I had to laugh about the one from Dallas where "I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself "! Someone here on the Board admited to doing the same thing. But, she wasn't alone -- others admitted doing the same thing. Of course, I would never admit to such a thing! :-) :shock:
    Its easy to do There are way to many cords under the desk and with the improper lighting they tend look alike-- Guess what iI did this past week-end

:oops:

Thanks
    on a dreary day like today, I needed this
    LOL

Scary!

Blog Entries
    These are funny -As a kid Lake Erie was our front yard and we had a Criss Craft that got destroyed in a major flood While listening to my brothers and Dad talk about what boat they wanted to get.One of them suggested an "electric" boat. I pointed out that ( A-they would never find a lead cord long enough to reach our favorite fishing spot and ( B- electricity and water don't get along. 40+ years later my brothers refer to this as my 1st Blonde Blunder :lol: I'm positive it was my only BB ever

Oh yes, they forgot to put on their 'stupid' signs. Needed those laughs today. Thanks for posting.

I have one. I was shopping at Walmart a few weeks ago. I unloaded all of my purchases on the counter and the lady behind me loaded all of her purchases. The checker tried to scan my lettuce. I love "Living Lettuce" and they just started stocking it. She was unable to scan the lettuce. Instead of calling the produce dept., she left to get help. After waiting quite awhile, the lady behind me reloaded her cart and checked out at the next aisle. I'm still standing there waiting. I walked into the aisle and could see her in the produce dept. She finally returned and told me that they don't carry that lettuce, as she is standing there holding it in her hand. She said that the produce manager told her I could have it for $1. I hope they don't realize that they carry it, so that I can keep buying it for $1. What a deal!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    oh oh my .. makes ya wonder some days eh??? New meaning to Bill Engval's: Here is your sign !LOL

Thanks you'all for the laughs. I really needed them. I have been messing with my computer deleting files and backing up files. I have been having trouble and am afraid of a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123
    Quote Originally Posted by QBeth
    I had to laugh about the one from Dallas where "I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself "! Someone here on the Board admited to doing the same thing. But, she wasn't alone -- others admitted doing the same thing. Of course, I would never admit to such a thing! :-) :shock:
    Its easy to do There are way to many cords under the desk and with the improper lighting they tend look alike-- Guess what iI did this past week-end

:oops:
    No offense meant!! My apologies. It's just the type of thing that I would do, ignoring my earlier disclaimer. And, yes, there are too many cords in our lives, that's why my DVR isn't hooked into the cable box right now. :|

Update to this: I've been dwelling on this. I do that when I think I've hurt someone's feelings. Please be assured, that it never occured to me that my using the "plug" post could be interpreted as the poster being an idiot. OMG, that was never my intention!!! And, I'm really sorry if my post insulted anyone. Lord knows, I've done my share of such things.

Blog Entries
    True story: When my stepson (a teenager) was visiting us he saw a sign that said "Blind Driveway". He wanted to know if that's where blind people live. He's 38 now and still gets teased about it - his defense - he had never seen that sign before.

Blog Entries
    very funny and too many of these are POLITICIANS has to be for our country to be in such a mess!! Both parties

Some of these people must be our Republicans in Washington D.C. Laughing

Just wanted to add, think of these Republicans at the next election and be sure to "vote" for them. Grinning

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast