Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM

I do that for my mom to but she has neuropathy in her hands and drops them she has hearing aids but cant hear them fall. The dog got one not to long ago an almost died. Sounds like you are doing all the right things for her. Hang in there I know it is hard sometimes. My mom is just a joy to us she tries so hard an loves making beaded necklaces and earrings ect. for therapy on her hands to keep them moving last count over 900 pc. she keeps saying she is going to sell them this never happens gives them away for all events. This year we are going to donate alot of them to the hospital and other charitable organizations.
So if anyone has beads laying around you don't want we would love to have them.
Patty Jo
Old 07-08-2011, 12:12 PM

I just went to the closet with the good stuff. I found two that are too dressy for a lakeshore wedding and the three floral chiffon ones - problem is they all have very short sleeves - the green only has a fluttery sleeve. I will have to put tanner on my arms tonight and keep my arms at my sides tomorrow. Ah, the joys of an aging body and the arms that don't stop waving when I do. I do have a pretty print with beaded elbow length sleeves, but it's a little more casual. So far the green is winning, but the black dress with the hot pink flowered jacket is still a possibility. Fuchsia flowers and orange hair is more likely to get me talked about than floppy arms.

WMUTeach, your dresses must have higher necked than the one I wore for my second daughter's wedding. Several men commented that they were glad they came if I was going to wear a dress like that. Obviously, those days are over.

Reheasal dinner in 45 minutes. I told the bride I wasn't in the wedding, but the groom's family has arrived from Kansas and this is meet the family. Time to go comb my hair and drop some clean clothes over my head. I don't want to embarrass the sweetheart and her soon to be groom.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:20 PM

I like the pink with the beaded sleeves, add jewelry and dress it up.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:36 PM

Random thoughts I found today on a blog I read:

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.

I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.

There is a great need for sarcasm font.

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Was learning to write in cursive really necessary?

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear what they said?

MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

Bad decisions make good stories.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you’ve made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don’t want to have to restart my collection.

I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damnit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What’d you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey but I’d bet everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed,
first time every time…

I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM

missy those are so fun! and have the universality of truth! also gives a good chuckle!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM

I got up today and stood on the scale and it showed I had lost 3 lbs since the beginning of July. Woo Hoo. Then just to be sure, I stood on it again and it showed a 5.5 lb loss. Confused, I got off and stood on it again. this time the loss was even greater. What the heck? I changed the battery just last month. I jumped on one more time and it showed the original weight. So I am going with it. No wonder I can't figure out how much weight I have lost or gained.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Did anyone watch Dr Oz today? He had a ton of information about when to weigh ourselves and what time of day we burn more calories and fat. He talked about what time we should eat and how to boost our metabolism. I tried to find that info on his website but I either am a dork and didn't see it or it isn't on there.

The thing that really struck me was that the very BEST time to weigh ourselves in immediately after we wake up in the morning.

I hope y'all are doing well tonight. Cathie is going back to her home tomorrow. I will surely miss her. I also am trying to plan a trip to Texas with my mom (and also Cathie). I am going to start some quilting tomorrow after Cathie leaves. I think that will keep me from crying after she leaves. *sigh*

My parents are going to Fuddruckers and I cannot wait until they get home so I can eat the burger mom is bringing home for me. Yumm-O! I know it doesn't sound healthy but since I cannot eat the bread...the meat, avocado and cheese are great sources of protein for me. I am going to start (effective tomorrow) keeping a food journal so I can see if I am getting enough protein. I sure hope I am.

I will be going to the gym tomorrow too for the first time since my surgery. I do not know how much I can walk on the treadmill but I am going to try.

I hope that the weekend brings good things to all of you!!

Love,

Missy
Old 07-08-2011, 05:15 PM

I got to eat out twice today! I usually get to go out once a month, so today was very rare.

At lunch I went to Ryan's buffet, had a large salad, 2 chicken legs, and 1 cup fresh pineapple. I did snag a chocolate chip cookie on the way out, just couldn't resist.

For supper I had half a baked potato, half a piece of toast, 1/4 c coleslaw and a steak medium with sauteed mushrooms. So very very yummy and not bad for restaurant food.

I will weigh in again Monday after I see the doc.

Missy, I especially like the one about cleaning out the computer.

Irish, what did you end up wearing tonight?

xylie, I love your straightforwardness, you have guts.

Rita's mom, I tend to take care of the world, so I know how hard it is to say "no". Practice, that's what I had to do.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Opps, I missed the July 1st sign in.. :) but I am here just the same to read and give encouragement. Who won for June, I need to send off a fat quarter to her. :)

*** I just read back and found that Charity-crafter was the winner for June! Congrats to you Charity! I will need your address to mail off to you ! Thanks

Sharon
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM

It's nice to hear from you, roseOfsharon. (I planted one of those this year). You can PM charity-crafter for her address.