Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-29-2011, 01:10 PM

Well,my heart goes out to each and every one of you.I like what I heard from the story of Jessy Dugard kidnapped by Philip Dorito and his wife,Her psycologist said it best.Bad things happen to good people.but doesn't define who they are.Being raped all those yrs and having 2 children by that monster,yet like her mom said,Those are their kids,not his.He was only a sperm donor and their dad.That's it.She is not bitter or angry because like she said,he'd win.And she refuses to give in to rage etc.Instead she is living her life to the fullest with a big smile on her face embracing each moment and raising those girls she so cherishes so much and loves deeply.And is helping others with her $$ she got.It is unbelievable the monstrous things that go on behind closed doors.I admire you all so much.And your right,we are overcomers.We are strong independent women who have been thru hell and back.Yet take time out to help others on here who need it worse.You all inspire me.And we DO have to treat mind,body,and soul to heal and move on and get passed our demons that haunt us from the past.I think that is the key word,"past".It's in the past.We all go through tough times and have situations arise that we can either act on or re-act to.I'm a act on type of person.I choose to do something about my situation if I can.If I can't do anything about it,I do have control over my reaction to it.And lets face it,sometimes we do have to do things we may not want to do but yet it needs to be done.Like today,one of my cat's got sick and the vet said it had aids lukimia and should be put down cause it's contageous and could infect my other cats.So,had him put down.So he wouldn't suffer,and for the good of the rest.It was tough,I cried all the way home,then told hubby.He is upset too of course.But agrees with my decision.It has been a 'sucky' month as Karen says.Anyway,we will get past it and move on.We don't have any other choice.And we will get the weight off inspite of these set-backs.Myself,I will use this time to re-organize my household.And have the other cats tested and imumized against it.This is the 1st time we ever had a sick cat in over 7 yrs.Anyway,I will stay on my eating plan and shoot for next month to be a better month.It can't be worse than this month.Surely!Hugs to you all.And MJ,you especially have a lot of issues that try to hinder you,but you always manage to pull through.And I know what you mean about the heat taking your breath away.It does,lets face it.When you stick your head in a oven,that blast of hot air about knocks you over.Same with the heat.It's brutal.Many have died here from it.May GOD bless each and every one of you and give you the strength to continue on and replace those dark areas of your life with his love and throw a light on so those scars will vanish and heal permenantly,and be replaced with his peace,love and joy.Like he has mine!Now let's get that weight off our bodies,now that we've got it off our shoulders!I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am.Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:01 PM

xylie,
thanks
Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM

to quote the good dr (phil or laura) ok, that explains your childhood, what's happening now? in other words, i hear it as xylie said, get past it, throw it out and move on. that too is a process. i do not, will not let those things define me. i am who i am because of a million million small and large experiences i've had since i was born. they all count, good and bad. thank you xylie for your generous spirit and loving kindness. my pity party is over, it's time to start a new mental recording and dance.
i am losing(you might not be able to tell, but) I AM LOSING WEIGHT. yes, i am! and i am in control!

/
Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 PM

sorry! now even my post is fat!!??
Old 07-29-2011, 06:25 PM

Wow! There are so many survivors on this board. I have my own issues to work through and it's been tough but I can't say I've lived through anything close to others on this board. To them I say you are in my thoughts and prayers, and know that you are an inspiration to me of survival and perserverence.

Our choices are our own, and when we choose to learn from our past and use it to enrich our lives and the lives of others, we are the masters of our own lives!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 PM

I'm in for august. I have lost about 8 lbs and have lots to go.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:39 PM

Hugs to you all. I have had some issues but they don't compare to some of yours. If I think about those issues I get in a dark place and my dh knows right away so I try to focus on the beautiful life I have with him and our children .
This month has been the pits. I haven't lost any weight and have given in to temptation over and over this month. I think I will have to do the food log and list every bite. I asked dh to watch me and help with control. He will keep me on track unless I start to fight him then he will tell me that since I don't like to hear what I asked him to do then he won't help anymore. That he knows will put me in my place real quick or I will just go off the deep end and eat everything in sight. Since the ankle is better I have started back to walking so that should help.
Xylie so sorry about your cat, I would have make the same decision I can't stand to see any creature suffer
MJ Hugs to you I'm sorry for your fried passing over.
Its late so I'm off to bed
Night all
GAil
Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Power Poster

I just seen this forum link. I have lost 51 pounds since March 1, 2011. I still have a lot to go, but I just try to go day by day. I am on a 1500 per day calorie diet. I have over lapping autoimmune diseases so I can't exercise anymore as I use to so I gained a lot of weight. I had myself convinced that I couldn't lose anymore since the loss of energy, but one day I decided to give the counting calories a try, and happily found out I could lose. Good luck everyone. I also prayed for God to help me, and he has.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hugs to you all. I have had some issues but they don't compare to some of yours. If I think about those issues I get in a dark place and my dh knows right away so I try to focus on the beautiful life I have with him and our children .
This month has been the pits. I haven't lost any weight and have given in to temptation over and over this month. I think I will have to do the food log and list every bite. I asked dh to watch me and help with control. He will keep me on track unless I start to fight him then he will tell me that since I don't like to hear what I asked him to do then he won't help anymore. That he knows will put me in my place real quick or I will just go off the deep end and eat everything in sight. Since the ankle is better I have started back to walking so that should help.
Xylie so sorry about your cat, I would have make the same decision I can't stand to see any creature suffer
MJ Hugs to you I'm sorry for your fried passing over.
Its late so I'm off to bed
Night all
GAil
Thanks,and your right to do that.I'm glad your ankle is somewhat doing better.It takes a long time to heal a sprain.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 PM

xylie-- i'm so sorry about your kitty. i have 2 that mean the world to me, as i'm sure yours do to you. they are so wonderful! they just love us no matter what! true unconditional love! i hope you will remember the good times and the fun stories your cat inspired. peace, honey. n