Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:46 PM

Fire ants,nasty little bugers.I got a venumous spider bite once in Kansas,it was under my tit.Became huge and soupy and burned like fire.Nothing worked.Finaly after 2 weeks, went to the pharmasist and she said to get mens 'jock itch' cream.Cause it could be a yeast infection from the bite as antibiotic creams weren't working.And it quite burning imediately,and cooled rt down and dried up and healed.So,I use that. And I am still sceptical on the B12 shots.Never heard of them for weight loss.But they swear it works.Benedril should help a lot.If not I have a secret I use and been useing for yrs.It works 100 % of the time.I got a 4th degree burn and I couldn't help it,it burned like wild fire,so I got a tube of {walmart brand}vagicaine cream with 20% benzocaine and slapped that on and wrapped it with a disposable baby diaper cause it was my whole tit and the diaper was round and stayed on.For drainage,It numbs anything up.We been using it for a pain killer now for over 13 yrs.It's cheap and does the job.Me,Id wash the area with soap and water,dry it off,put the jock itch on it,to both dry it up and get the itch out.Then put some vagicaine on it too.That's what I do.Then wrap it so it will have something to drain on,could be panty liners,puppy pads,or drain sponges,and the infection will drain out & you'll be healed.No kidding.We use it on cuts,burn,and yes,big open areas and gashes.It hasn't killed us or had any side affects yet.I found it out one day when putting it on I accidently got it on my back end,it was numb.I thought,HMMM!!!,been using it ever since in my medicine box and is the only thing you can get strong enough that will numb it up!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Missy,I too am sorry for your loss.I know she meant something to you or you wouldn't a sent a card earlier.It's tough losing a loved one.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 AM

Today is the last day of July. Send me a PM with your weight loss ONLY IF YOU HAVE LOST MORE THAN 5 POUNDS.

Good luck!

MJ
Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 AM

Missy, so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your daughters. Will keep you in my thoughts.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 AM

Just weighed for the end of the month and found I gained 3 more pound. Very discouraging. Need to keep on keeping on one day at a time. Please keep me in your prayers.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:22 AM

Jeanne, I actually said a prayer for you last night as we drove past the Stoughton exit. I am in Madison this weekend visiting my daughter. We drove to Milwaukee to the Brewer's game yesterday.
I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 AM

Jeanne, as females our weight fluxuates even if we've passed a certain age. Let's hope you just weighed on an upswing. Keep on, keepin'on. My weight affects my mental state so badly. Gains are extremely depressing. Last night when my daughter came to pick up her boys, she wanted to take me to ER - the blisters were rising as we watched them. Gross! I refused for two reasons, first, I Have to pay if I'm not admitted to the hospital and second, I know the drug of choice is steroids and I won't do that to myself. I always gain weight on steroids.

Xylie, I was bitten by a brown recluse spider when I was counseling at a church camp in 1983. Three months later there was some doubt whether my leg could be saved. That was gross, too. The current rash and blisters have spread to my arms and wrists now. The skin got so stretched from swelling last night that the blisters started popping on their own. Another gross thing.

I'm operating on very little sleep. I've already tried to put the first cake in the dishwasher to bake. I need to do better than that because waiting until morning I have no wiggle room to start over.

I haven't weighed myself yet today, but I don't have a lot of hope. I am a stress eater. Ah, well, tomorrow starts a new month. I need some of Xylie's resolve to get 'er done.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Just weighed for the end of the month and found I gained 3 more pound. Very discouraging. Need to keep on keeping on one day at a time. Please keep me in your prayers.
Jeanne dont fear you are not the only one who gained this month. I am up 5 lbs.

I am going to take control and loss all of weight i have gained.

I am in control
Old 07-31-2011, 08:24 AM

I'm up 3 pounds but grateful that is all. We know how the fluid makes me seesaw like crazy.

I am praying for you all.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:44 AM

Worked in the church kitchen this morning and as usual I pigged out on sweets. I was worried about my blood sugar so I took it when I got home. It bottomed out again! It's been low more than high. It rarely goes high. I'm supposed to have an A1C test this month so I'm going to ask the doctor about it.

I know I need to get Sunday mornings under control, this is ridiculeous.

Pam, thank you for the prayer - I can use all I can get.

Irishrose I'm praying for you, what your going through isn't fun. Did the benedryl work?

Everyone have a great afternoon.