Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:22 AM

A friend of mine just told me a similar story about her husband getting bitten by something on his ankle and how it had swollen up - skin stretching to painful degree and she rubbed melaleuka oil on it before bed and in the morning it was completely healed. They are into natural products so not sure where to purchase it.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Jeanne, as females our weight fluxuates even if we've passed a certain age. Let's hope you just weighed on an upswing. Keep on, keepin'on. My weight affects my mental state so badly. Gains are extremely depressing. Last night when my daughter came to pick up her boys, she wanted to take me to ER - the blisters were rising as we watched them. Gross! I refused for two reasons, first, I Have to pay if I'm not admitted to the hospital and second, I know the drug of choice is steroids and I won't do that to myself. I always gain weight on steroids.

Xylie, I was bitten by a brown recluse spider when I was counseling at a church camp in 1983. Three months later there was some doubt whether my leg could be saved. That was gross, too. The current rash and blisters have spread to my arms and wrists now. The skin got so stretched from swelling last night that the blisters started popping on their own. Another gross thing.

I'm operating on very little sleep. I've already tried to put the first cake in the dishwasher to bake. I need to do better than that because waiting until morning I have no wiggle room to start over.

I haven't weighed myself yet today, but I don't have a lot of hope. I am a stress eater. Ah, well, tomorrow starts a new month. I need some of Xylie's resolve to get 'er done.
Well I never baked a cake in the dishwasher.Does it make them more moist?LOL.You are tired and running on fumes.Well,amonia well works the say too.One site said disinfectant to kill backeria on it.Main thing to pad them to drain.And get some vagicaine and jock itch,it has miconazol I think.Anyway,Wash 2 X a day they said too with antibacterial soap.I dab alcohol on my stuff like that.It burns like crap for a minute,then feels better when and after you put that jock itch and vagicaine on,you won't even know it's there.I use the vagicaine also for mosquito bites.You need some sleep.When you put cakes in a dishwasher to bake,your on fumes.LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Jeanne, as females our weight fluxuates even if we've passed a certain age. Let's hope you just weighed on an upswing. Keep on, keepin'on. My weight affects my mental state so badly. Gains are extremely depressing. Last night when my daughter came to pick up her boys, she wanted to take me to ER - the blisters were rising as we watched them. Gross! I refused for two reasons, first, I Have to pay if I'm not admitted to the hospital and second, I know the drug of choice is steroids and I won't do that to myself. I always gain weight on steroids.

Xylie, I was bitten by a brown recluse spider when I was counseling at a church camp in 1983. Three months later there was some doubt whether my leg could be saved. That was gross, too. The current rash and blisters have spread to my arms and wrists now. The skin got so stretched from swelling last night that the blisters started popping on their own. Another gross thing.

I'm operating on very little sleep. I've already tried to put the first cake in the dishwasher to bake. I need to do better than that because waiting until morning I have no wiggle room to start over.

I haven't weighed myself yet today, but I don't have a lot of hope. I am a stress eater. Ah, well, tomorrow starts a new month. I need some of Xylie's resolve to get 'er done.
Well,I'd treat it like a burn at this point.Too bad you couldn't go to the clinic and get a jar of Silvadine.It's the best antibiotic out there.And is only 6 to 8 $ a jar.They could also put that wrap thing on it 24 hrs.Now that stuff works like magic.I forgot.Sometimes I have huge areas on my hubby or my to treat,and I use baby diapers,puppy pads,cut to size and taped on,then covered with ace bandage to keep on.Also have used panty liners.Just depending on the size of the area.Hubby burnt his leg all the way up a 4th degree burn when he caught his overalll pant leg on fire from the propane heater.It was bad.But had a big tube of silvadine from mexico,and vagicaine.It went all the way from his ankle to his hip.I used baby diapers and kept it washed 2 X a day and while the black skin was sluffing off it too was gross,but underneath was a pink as could be.After 2 weeks,his step daughter came down and said she thought he should go to a clinic.He didn't need to go,but to make her happy,we went.So,we took him in.The Dr. ask who had been tending it.I said I had.He said it looked really good and was surprised it looked so good for a 2 week old 4th degree burn.And also said there was no infection at all.I told him I put silvadine and vagicaine on it and wrapped it.The only thing he said to do different was to NOT change it 3 X a day but only ONE time a day.Once every 24 hrs.I kept it clean,wrapped,disinfected,and numb from the vagicaine.He never even felt much pain cause I did numb the crap out of it.He don't even have a scar.Just a couple of small darker areas of skin.So know this stuff works.Please please try it.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 PM

So sorry to hear you got bit by something very unpleasant. Hope your feeling better today
Gail
Old 07-31-2011, 12:29 PM

You are with us all, this has been a really bad month for most of us. I'm sure that this next month will show much better results. Hang in there I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Gail
Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 AM

Any news on the winner yet? or is it too early? I know it's not me, I gained 2 pounds.

I really need to get back to what I know works for me...but honestly in the summer I'm just so unmotivated to exercise.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 AM

Well we are back from the first part of fair uhh we didn't get out of there yesterday untill after 9:00 p.m.! and we still had to come home unload the horses and trailer and then eat. It has been like that all week and it shows. I am up 5 pounds this morning!!! I am not happy about that at all. To much junk food, eating at 9-10 o'clock at night, skipping meals, lack of sleep you name it, if it was wrong for losing weight I did it this week! I am so mad, 5 POUNDS! how can you gain that fast? I still have this week to contend with but it is a little slower paced and we are not there full time like last week so I hope to do better this week. I hope everyone else had big loses this month. I need to go back and read everyones posts for the last week to catch up. I am so sorry I just realized I haven't sent last months winner her FQ yet. I will send it with this months as well I am so behind with stuff like that. Once you get behind and unorganized it just spirals out of control! I hope August is a great month for everyone.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
I am so mad, 5 POUNDS! how can you gain that fast?
I bet a lot of that is retained water. Most fair food is really salty and it will take some time to wash it all out of your system.

Unlesss you really did eat an extra 17,500 calories...it's possible with fair food.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 AM

Rita's mom, glad you checked in. Be sure to pop over to the August thread and sign up.

There's nothing good to be said about a five pound gain, but don't beat yourself up. As a former winner, you know how to get rid of it. I know you can't walk at home, but how 'bout at the fairgrounds?

Whatever I'm reacting to is still going on. My bony hands looks stumps. My extremities are completely covered in a blotchy rash, but there's only on blister that opened up on my arms, not like my legs. Looked on the Internet last night and it looks the most like chigger bites. Nothing was said about a systemic reaction with the whole body involved. I restarted my Valtrex last night. It feels like shingles with nerve pain involved. I've had shingles get in my right eye and detach the retina. My oldest daughter has decided I need to see my doctor. I know he will give me steroids, so I'm holding out. My body can heal itself as soon as the reaction stops progressing.

The worst part is I'm probably gaining weight as I am a stress eater and didn't walk the dogs yesterday. Wah, wah, wah. Now I'll stop whining. Thank you for listening. Judy
Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 AM

Irishrose~ I know that steriods can make you gain weight but if this has been going on this long, you really need to make a dr's appointment! You won't be able to move if it keeps spreading and if it is a systemic infection more things could happen if you let it go too long. They might not give you steriods but antibiotics, it could be that type of an infection and not an allergic reaction.

PLEASE take care of yourself!