Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-28-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by talkn58
I've had a tough week but my weigh in at Weight Watcher had me down 1.4 lbs in two weeks.
I've got 16 weeks @ WW, down 10%.
Today went to Carson's and bought 2 prs of size 16 pants (yellow dot clearances $8 each.)
So my goal is to get work my way into them!!

End of the month is right around the corner & I am down 3.2lbs

WOOT WOOT!!

I might not get fabric but I'm a winner/looser in my book!!
That's right,one drop of water tuns into an ocean.So 3.2 pounds is great.If you do that every month,in a yr you'll be down about 38 pounds.X 4 yrs,would be about 120 pounds off.So see,it DOES add up.I been chipping away at it now 4 yrs and am about to the 100 pound mark.I still got a ways to go yet tho.From 250 pounds to 157 now.I only lost 3 pound too this month.But will take it.Keep going and doing what works for you.As long as we are moving down,even 1 pound is still great and a victory for me.So good going.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
i am in for august... :thumbup: did you already start a thread for august?
i need to do it with a buddy/buddies. i was so frustrated wit WW on line. i used my 3 months..and then opted out. i lost 8 pounds..and then quit losing when my husband got in an accident. sounds like a good excuse! blame the hubby.
Hi Kim,I'm sorry your hubby had an accident.That's enough to make any body upset.I hope he is doing better and you can relax a bit so we can help you get the weight off.There is great support here and we are here for you.Like nancia said,we're just a click away,should you need us.So hang in there and together,we'll all paddle down stream together on our weight loss journey.You can do it.I think it's easier here with a great support group that we have and MJ leading us in the right direction.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:24 PM

Ok,well.I got the electrical box panal figured out.Only been 3 days trying to just add 1 plug in and a new fuse box.Didn't have it wired right.Or,it was right but didn't have juice.Then saw today I hadn't put in the neutal wire from the main box.So now we have juice and can run my washer now with the air conditioner running too.Now I can start on his scooter,putting in a new tiller and wiring harness.That ought to be fun.Don't know the 1st thing about it,but like everything else,I learn and look it up online as I go and figure it out.Now,I'll have to figure out how to put it on and get it wired up so it will run again.Always something needing fixed.I miss the days when he did all that crap.I don't like it.But like loseing the weight,it HAS to be done.GEESH!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:47 PM

Hey guys! I am in East Texas!!!

It is hot as hades here but still having fun. I got my computer set up for a bit so I can email yall and let you know that I am doing great and thinking about yall!!!

I love yall so much and sitting here in the heat is just no fun without yall!!!

Did you know that my aunts are making Krispy Kreme Donuts Bread Pudding? How cruel is that???? I am making Pea Salad the good southern way with mayo/peas/cheese/onions. Yumm-O! Well except for the cheese part. I do not eat cheese that is not melted. Uck on my tongue!

So, I am going to be tempted to eat the donuts but I promise I won't! Yay!!

I hope you guys are all doing well!! I miss you - love you - can't wait to bother you! Later!!

Missy

Don't these look scrumptious?!?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233120[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233114.jpe  
Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 PM

It is hot as hades here but still having fun. I got my computer set up for a bit so I can email yall and let you know that I am doing great and thinking about yall!!!

Did you know that my aunts are making Krispy Kreme Donuts Bread Pudding? How cruel is that???? I am making Pea Salad the good southern way with mayo/peas/cheese/onions. Yumm-O! Well except for the cheese part. I do not eat cheese that is not melted. Uck on my tongue!

I hope you guys are all doing well!! I miss you - love you - can't wait to bother you! Later!!

Missy

Don't these look scrumptious?!?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233121[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233115.jpe  
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
Missy--
GOOD girl!!!! Those cookies will be there some other day--- it is not like they will disappear off the Earth... Now is just not the time for you!
KK bread pudding sounds like fried oil with icky goo around it...
Have some strawberries and LF yogurt yum!!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 PM

Welcome, MrsH2008 and Kim. You can join us now and then sign up for the FQ part of the challenge Sunday through August 2 or 3 - whatever MJ has for the cutoff.

My Internet was down today and you women were chatty - that's good, but I need to catch up. Chatty isn't the correct word when we are brave enough to share some of these topics. Forgive my word choice.

Lisa, I was never overweight all my life so my mind image is of a much more slender body than the one I have now. I really don't think I am as fat as I am until I try on clothes at Penney's or Peebles. Those mirrors are way too close and way too honest. There is no mirror in my bathroom and only head mirrors in my dressing room. I have a full length in the bedroom, but it's behind the door, so I can do a pretty good job of continuing to think I am still not overweight. I will never forget the time a nurse at a wellness clinic told me I was obese. I was 5'8" and weighed 173 pounds. I told her how shocked I was. She told me I needed to grow bigger bones - yeah, right. My bone structure made me obese at that weight. Then I gained more.

Jeanne, I like your picture. More bravery. I have no one here to take a picture of me. I could be like the teenagers and take a mirror picture. My Albuqueque GD took one of us together when she was here, but I won't post one of her. I know she does on Facebook all the time, but I'm not sure how I feel about that either.

Xylie, it never ends when you're the one in charge of it all, does it?

Krispy Kreme bread pudding?? I hope they serve it with real whipped cream. Yeesh. It really doesn't sound good. Once upon a time my doctor told me not to eat anything that would leave a grease stain on a napkin. I can see a huge one radiating from that dessert. The advice wasn't for overweight - it was for high cholesterol, but it's still good to follow.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
Oh,I feel bad for you.Hot and all those treats.Think they'd put out veggie plates instead of sweets.not good.Well,we have faith in you and know you won't let us down.We are counting on you.Just say no,but thanks and walk away! {or run} so not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Welcome, MrsH2008 and Kim. You can join us now and then sign up for the FQ part of the challenge Sunday through August 2 or 3 - whatever MJ has for the cutoff.

My Internet was down today and you women were chatty - that's good, but I need to catch up. Chatty isn't the correct word when we are brave enough to share some of these topics. Forgive my word choice.

Lisa, I was never overweight all my life so my mind image is of a much more slender body than the one I have now. I really don't think I am as fat as I am until I try on clothes at Penney's or Peebles. Those mirrors are way too close and way too honest. There is no mirror in my bathroom and only head mirrors in my dressing room. I have a full length in the bedroom, but it's behind the door, so I can do a pretty good job of continuing to think I am still not overweight. I will never forget the time a nurse at a wellness clinic told me I was obese. I was 5'8" and weighed 173 pounds. I told her how shocked I was. She told me I needed to grow bigger bones - yeah, right. My bone structure made me obese at that weight. Then I gained more.

Jeanne, I like your picture. More bravery. I have no one here to take a picture of me. I could be like the teenagers and take a mirror picture. My Albuqueque GD took one of us together when she was here, but I won't post one of her. I know she does on Facebook all the time, but I'm not sure how I feel about that either.

Xylie, it never ends when you're the one in charge of it all, does it?

Krispy Kreme bread pudding?? I hope they serve it with real whipped cream. Yeesh. It really doesn't sound good. Once upon a time my doctor told me not to eat anything that would leave a grease stain on a napkin. I can see a huge one radiating from that dessert. The advice wasn't for overweight - it was for high cholesterol, but it's still good to follow.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
I remember when I overheard the dr telling the nurse I was obese,then later on,I was "morbidly obese".It sounded aweful.I didn't think I was that bad at that time,then I got way way bigger.It is a eye opener for sure when we hear those words.And no,it never ends.There's always something to do around here.I an losing weight,I am losing weight,yes!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Wow! I went to write and ya'll wrote a book while I was gone!

This has been the week from hell...the heat index was 108 today. I was so sick from wlking to the car to take Lulu for her 1 month checkup I think I almost died. I'm not kidding, I was that scared. There was no breath coming in my mouth and my chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it.

I used to be a drug counselor for a few years, one client I met with weekly for over three years was reported dead last week. He would have been 41 yesterday. He overdosed with opiates and Xanax.
Let me tell you in case you didn't know, the combination of ANY opiate (hydrocodone, codeine, oxycontin, morphine, dilaudid, meperdine, methadone, darvon, demerol, fentanyl, etc.) with any benzodiazapine (Xanax,Helex, Ksalol, Xanax, Xanax XR, Xanor, Tafil, Alprox, Fronta, Klonopin, Rivotril, Iktorivil, Paxam, Antenex, Apaurin, Apzepam, Apozepam, Hexalid, Pax, Stesolid, Stedon, Valium, Vival, Valaxona, Restoril, Normison, Euhypnos, Temaze, Tenox) is a deadly combination that will kill, even if you have not taken but a few pills. Alcohol with either of these drugs does the same thing. These drugs build in your brain like a coating and when there are too much of them, they kill. You just stop breathing. I have now had 26 former clients die of this deadly combination.

I have been so sad as he was one of my favorites. We used to tease about football teams, we both loved college football and our teams were Auburn (me) and LSU (him). Both were tiger teams and we would tease each other about the "cat fight" when they played each other. I have cried several times since I heard the news.

The most telling thing to me was the overwhelming urge to EAT. Over and over all I could think about was food, how I needed to get out of bed and EAT. I had no idea how strong this emotional trigger was for me...I thought I had overcome that.

As far as my health goes, we all know I'm living on God's breath. If I go before you, my heart is in the right place. But you'll have to know where I live to get to my stash.!

My writing is going well. I am being productive but not sewing like I want. I have to get my priorities straight this weekend. I need some "me" time at the sewing machine creating some blessings for others.

My niece is visiting me Sunday and I am excited. I had two sisters that passed in the last few years, we were all a sickly bunch. Lanita was 54, this is her daughter. Loretta was 53, but I don't see her daughter at all. My brother Sam is still living here in the same town as I am, his daughter Penny checks on me every day, bless her heart.
Our mother died at 36 and daddy was 54. Like I said, a sickly crew. Sam is totally disabled with 2 massive heart attacks, kidney failure, and one amputated leg. The other leg is not usable and is at the "almost time to amputate" stage.

The people I call my parents are actually my adopted parents, the sister of my natural mother and her husband.

I have a "few" abandonment issues.

I also am an incest survivor, so I know where my hurt comes from. All of these years I stayed fat to protect myself from rape...it didn't work, but I felt "covered". One of the ways I sabotage myself is that when I feel vulnerable I get hungry...

Well, just a few thoughts bouncing around my head tonight.

Each of you, you MUST have a hug today and tell someone you love them...even if you are talking to yourself. Maybe especially you should talk to yourself.

There is never too much love in this world.
Love you all,
MJ