Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 AM

Hi all!
Things are much better for me there days, there is a sense of peace for me now that I haven't experienced in 27 years.

Do any of you have this problem. When I think of myself in my mind i am a skinny person. I don't see myself as fat. It's sort of like the opposite of people with anorexia who when they look at themselves they see themselves as fat.
It's kind of hard to explain, but my self image is really messed up, in comparison to how I really am.

I can tell you the very day that my weight problems begain, but that is a story for another day.

Glad to be back, and I am going to win this battle, this time and once and for all.

Lisa
Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
Do any of you have this problem. When I think of myself in my mind i am a skinny person. I don't see myself as fat.
Yes, me too. Even when I look at myself in the mirror I don't see myself as fat-well the mirror is only waste up and I'm only looking at the front. It's when I see pictures of myself from other angles that I realize that "hey, I really am fat." And it's always a surprise. How weird is that?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Oh thank goodness it's not just me!
It always takes me by surprise too when I see myself in a mirror or in the windows of stores. Sometimes I have to look twice to recognize myself.

I will win this battle this time!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 AM

ljs and Charity~ not wierd at all, when I first decided I should do something, about my weight I started to just call myself fat as a reminder that I should be thinking about my weight. I still don't feel it even though I know I have 50-60 more pounds to go before I hit my weight!

It was hard for me to realize I was fat for so long, becuase my boobs stuck out way farther then my belly, once my belly caught up with them it was hard not to acknowledge I was gaining weight.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
becuase my boobs stuck out way farther then my belly
:lol: I can so relate. I still have an hour glass figure from the front, big boobs, smaller waist (not a small waist-just smaller then the boobs and hips) and hips about the same size as the boobs. Just don't take into account how far my behind sticks out on the back side. Or the bat flaps under my arms, or the double chin.

I am alway surprised when I see a full length mirror from sideways or heaven forbid one of the tri-angle mirrors that lets you see yourself all around.

I need one of those for my bedroom. So I can really see myself all around and I can't convince myself I'm just a little over weight. It's not that bad.

I'm 5' tall, I should be somewhere between 120-140 not 197 which was my all time highest weight.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 PM

i am in for august... :thumbup: did you already start a thread for august?
i need to do it with a buddy/buddies. i was so frustrated wit WW on line. i used my 3 months..and then opted out. i lost 8 pounds..and then quit losing when my husband got in an accident. sounds like a good excuse! blame the hubby.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good morning friends!

I see most of us are in the same place. Weight bouncing back and forth, frustrated and depressed.

I on top of other issues have an addictive personality. I recovered from alcohol and drug addiction but food is harder. With alcohol you can just not drink anymore but with food you have to eat something to stay alive.

Yesterday DH and I went on a quilt shop hop. What did I do - I bought 2 bags of Russel Stover sugar free chocolate candy to take along. Now here's where my addiction really shows. I don't need that candy to stay alive so why can't I just leave it alone, God only knows. I believe we are all addicts addicted to food. I believe for me I have to start looking at this with the same way I looked at my alcohol and drug use - brutally honestly. I am going to start working a 12 step program similar to Overeaters Annoynomous. However since there are no meetings in my area I am going to use this thread as my meeting. I am going to record every little bit of food I eat and dig out my AA Big Book to read the steps everyday repacing alcohol with food. I hope you don't mind me using this thread that way but I really can't think of any other way to get control of my eating. Those wishing to join me please do. If this is offending anyone please let me know as I don't want to cause problems for others.
Hey,like you avatar.If I ever get a camera,I'll try to post one of me.What a cute dog,and of course your cute too.You did a great job!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
ok, everyone move over and hand me an oar! this is turning into a very big boat we're all in!! i went to the shore today and did really well until i opened the little bag of trail mix. i didn't finish it because as i stuffed face i read the nutrition advice. only 120 calories a serving. not bad. oops, this little bag holds 7 servings!!! based on that i ate at least 5 servings, that's 600 calories ! man, that is rotten!

mj- 11x 160 = 1760 calories, not 1500. is there more to the equation? i have NO idea how much my final weight for july is but it won't be much change in whatever direction it goes!

ooooooh, before i forget!!!! my ddil called and we will have a baby no later than wednesday!!! if she doesn't pop on her own they will induce either tuesday pm or wednesday am! woohoo, i'm having a grandbaby!!! 33 yrs in the making!
Yeah,good for you grandma.At least trail mixes have nuts.It is better than a straight bag of m&m's.And we all need an oar.We are paddling down the same stream.I think we'll skip July,and do a lot better in August.I still think it was because we started off with a bang of the 4th of July celebrations.Once we get off,it's harder than heck to get back on track.I'm still not on track,and sure not on target where I should be.I lost 3 pounds.That's it.No excuses.I just couldn't lose like I generally do.Of course everything went to crap.The TV went out,the phone went capoot.The electricity surged and did damage.Hubby's scooter quite and caught on fire and went capoot.But did find and got a new wiring harness,so that needs fixed now.And on and on.Plus it's hotter than crap.Any more excuses I can think of?No,not at the moment,but sure I will.I should of stayed on point and not got off track.Well,we'll do better next month.I decided I know I can do better.I am getting back on,in fact I already started.I am going by Mj's formula and staying in those calorie ranges,period!Even if I have to eat just salad.Good luck ladies,and we can do it.I won't let this month discourage me.I will pick up the mantle and keep going forward down the scales.I may have to paddle double time.LOL! I will lose this weight,I will lose this weight,I am losing weight,I am losing weight!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM

I've had a tough week but my weigh in at Weight Watcher had me down 1.4 lbs in two weeks.
I've got 16 weeks @ WW, down 10%.
Today went to Carson's and bought 2 prs of size 16 pants (yellow dot clearances $8 each.)
So my goal is to get work my way into them!!

End of the month is right around the corner & I am down 3.2lbs

WOOT WOOT!!

I might not get fabric but I'm a winner/looser in my book!!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 PM

That's right ladies,we all look bad in the mirror.I remember I saw a picture once of me,and I couldn't believe that was me.Then I looked at my butt in the mirror and was horrified.My god,is that me?Yes it was a real eye opener.Not pleasing for me to look at.But yesterday for the first time,my postal lady Margo said,Wow,you've lost more weight.You look good.Then I looked in the widow,and by gosh if I didn't have a waist,and my ribs were so much thinner,I could actually see air between them and my arms.I did look good.So,I am stoked and all the hard work finely is seeing a dividend.And is paying off.So,just keep going and you too eventually WILL see a difference.I didn't even recognize myself,yet again.And no,I didn't gain it all over night,nor am I losing it over night.But have hung with it 4 yrs now and am seeing a huge difference now.This is you in time too.You can do it.If I can do it with out surgery or pills,you can too.