Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-16-2011, 05:28 PM

We all do it. I justify mine with silly reasons like no body cares about me so why should I try, or that food is my only comfort. I know this is wrong, but it is hard not to break the habit of thinking that way. Missy. You are a wonderful person. You have come so very far and are an example to us all. We all take a step backwards now and then. The thing that makes you special is you don't let the slip up continue, you get back on the "plan" and move forward again. I know you can do this. Don't beat yourself up over the slip up. You now know you don't feel very good when you do so it will help you to stay on track next time.

Hugs to everyone today.

Karen
Old 07-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Hello, y'all. Sounds like we all need to have a do over. My visiting granddaughter has moved on to her next stop so I have today to myself. Today I rested. Tomorrow I will get back to work on lots of things, including my weight. I've gained two pounds, so I have four to lose to meet my goal.

MJ, sorry you're grounded. I spent last Summer in a wheelchair so I can sympathize, except mine was just post surgical so there was nothing to be concerned about - just healing time. A wheelchair would give you some mobility and still keep the leg elevated.

Missy, you haven't come this far to mess up now. Forget your minor indiscretion and keep true to your goal. If the desire for the taste of something becomes too much, then play with it, smell it, put it in your mouth, but do not swallow it. Don't waste your food allotment on inappropriate foods.

Xylie, you've had a week of it, haven't you?

Her'e something to cheer you all up. Hard to look at the smiling bride and groom and not smile.
Oh what a beautiful couple!!

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Karen, we care about you. Those good looking boys care much more than they let on. You are setting an example for them. The message you want to give is 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going'. My son says I'm the toughest person he knows and I'll take that as a compliment. Hang in there. If we do what we need to do, the pounds have to disappear. I have 9 Dove or Magnum ice cream bars in my freezer and I'm not eating them until the scales cooperate. To quote Xylie, "If I can do it, you can, too."
Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Missy, the 16 year old GD who just left called the green tropical print dress my 'Where's Waldo' dress. She said it was so bright it showed in every picture, making the pictures WW pictures. The dryer wrinkled it and I just pressed it - beaded bias cut chiffon with an irregular hem is not fun to press.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:10 PM

Missy, the 16 year old GD who just left called the green tropical print dress my 'Where's Waldo' dress. She said it was so bright it showed in every picture, making the pictures WW pictures. The dryer wrinkled it and I just pressed it - beaded bias cut chiffon with an irregular hem is not fun to press.
Aren't kids just the most fun when it comes to what they think about how we are dressed? Not. LOL

Pressing clothes and me do not get along very well. I do not like ironing, except when it comes to quilting!

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 06:56 PM

Okay...I am having a problem...

My ex-husband's mother (husband from a zillion years ago) is very very sick and is not expected to live much longer. She was always horrible to me as was my ex-husband. We were not married very long at all. (Long enough for me to know who I really am and who I really wanted to be with.)

I am sure she would not even remember me at this stage in the game. But...here is my problem...do I email him and tell him I am thinking and praying for his family? Do I let his family know that I am thinking and praying for them?

I know that he was a horrible b*stard but I still have my heart and that heart hurts when someone is hurting, regardless of how horrible they were to me.

I do feel bad that she is at the end of her life but, as my mother always told me, the funeral and memorial services are for the living, the ones left behind, not the one that died.

What do you guys think? Concerned...

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 07:18 PM

At this point, I think I'd just pray in private and send a card after she passes. If your parting wasn't amicable, he could respond rudely and you don't need that. A card is harder to respond to - he would have to make an effort. Emails are easy - just hit reply.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:47 PM

At this point, I think I'd just pray in private and send a card after she passes. If your parting wasn't amicable, he could respond rudely and you don't need that. A card is harder to respond to - he would have to make an effort. Emails are easy - just hit reply.
That sounds like a good idea. Waiting until after she passes would be a good thing. Thank you so much for your response. My knee-jerk reaction is to send flowers and all that but that is just me and since he was such a terrible person towards me and his mom treated me the same way I think I might be setting myself up for a terrible response, like you said.

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 08:26 PM

Missy don't feel bad about your slip, I am right there with you! It has been a long sad day and a long sad and stressful 2 weeks before today. I will share why on a better day when I am feeling better. I have not been too bad but I can't seem to get back on my eating plan 100% like I was for the last 4 months. I am sending you a big hug and then let's both step back, take a deep breath, and remember all of the very important reasons why we are doing this in the first place, and get our butts back on track!We still need to do this as much today as we did 2,3,4 months ago. We have come to far to screw it up now. Let's find that willpower again and not lose it. We all need to do this because we love ourselves too much to not do it!....I think I left mine around here somewhere.....hmmm....maybe under the couch.....LORD! doesn't anyone vacum around here! :shock:
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Irish what a beautiful family you have! And you are beautiful too! I like the dress!
Missy my first reaction to your question would have been that I always figure I will take the high road and call or send a message somehow, but after reading Irish's thoughts on it I think she has a good point. and probably a better plan for your sake. She is very wise about the card verses an e-mail. Plus you are probably really busy right now rummaging through the closets and trunk of your car trying to figure out where you put that dang willpower! Sorry I shouldn't joke about such a sad subject I know your heart is in the right place.:)