Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM

hi guys! i have almost finished the 2nd baby quilt qnd later today i will start the one for the older brother. feels good to be back to quilting! as you know, i am ignoring my headache until i have the mri, hopefully with some news, and then the e n t. i am not ignoring my health, it's hard to be healthy without it, and isn't that one of our missions? to lose weight, to get healthier. i'm trying to not let it rule me(it being the headache.) i noticed earlier today that my right eye isn't behaving well, and that may be why i have lost more color vision. perhaps i should start doing art quilts and then people will think i put those crazy colors together to make an artistic statement! lol. i have a friend from africa who is an srtist and mixes all his paints by formula so he knows what color he is using. hope i will be as creative! fortunately, my daughter wants a black and white quilt, lmao. no proooblem! anyway, i'm getting ahead of myself- i still see plenty of colors. my right eye has always been my good eye, so to have it deteriorate is very scary. it's the one with the ocular hypertension which is not yet glaucoma.
i know we all have our challenges and that's what makes it life. being dead is no challenge at all. so i choose life and the marvelous unpredictabilty that makes it fun to get up everyday. i get knocked down, but i get up again..sing along if you know the words! i wonder if our discussion of health matters drives some of the joiners off? seems we have a lot fewer this month.
xylie--where are you? you are too quiet! speak up girl!.
i'm very glad you are here. without you i'd still be eating twinkies and wishing i could be thin. now i'm seeing my wishes come true, minus the twinkies! we had fresh wild salmon and jersey corn for dinner. mmm mmmm good! i love reading everyone's posts, and even tho' i may not acknowledge you by name i'm thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing you the best and thanking you for being there! i am losing, i am in control.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
I am at 250, and I know that people look at me and not really see me, they look through me. Everyone around me is invited to things and I am left out. I assume it is because of my weight. Your right, it hearts your heart.
People can be cruel. They don't include you for lots of reasons. Because you don't have money to do lots of things they do or you have children and they can't be bothered with them. Don't waste time with people who don't have an open heart. They just lost out on what could be the best friend they ever had.
Hugs to you
Gail
Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Nancia you sound so much better today. I wish I could help with the headache I know how hard it is to cope with day to day things when your head is all you can focus on. I will keep you in my prayers. My mom had really bad headaches so bad she would crawl under the bed to get out of the light and then just cry. This would sometimes last for days. I have been really lucky that I have never gotten anything that extreme.
Take care we are losing and we are in control.
Hugs
Gail
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 PM

gail-- you are so right, and i needed to hear it, too! i don't know why some people don't want to be friends. there are so many different possibilities. it's been hard to move from texas where everyone was friendly, to this philly area where only the out of staters are friendly (til they learn from the natives). met a wonderful woman today, a navy brat, and it was instant buddies--she was born in naples, italy and has lived everywhere and she found it to be true, too. and she was thin. i think sometimes we blame other people's actions on what we fear it is that bothers them. i have very large, prominent eyes--like cookie monster and big bird. naturally, i think i look ugly and weird because of them, so i figure people don't want to be my friend because i'm funny looking== when really, it's just because they are jerks! you've heard the expression "it isn't you, it's me", well, it isn't you it is them. weight and age are just numbers. there are thin people who are discriminated against, too. karen, we know you are wonderful. a caring friend and mother. and we know you are overweight (or under-tall, as i prefer) and we see your shining! don't let the fools define who you are to yourself. you are so much more than they will ever know and your friendship is something they can't have or appreciate! thanks for being here !! we love you and think you're terrific and are honored to be your friends!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 PM

thanks, gail. i'm trying to stay positive. your poor mother! sounds like the worst migraines. i get them too, but nowhere near as often as i used to and nowhere near as bad! i can even stay at work with some of them. i'm so glad they are few and far between now. see, i am losing...migraines and weight, and i am in control (what a sweet illusion!)lol
Old 07-16-2011, 03:44 AM

The weather has been so wonderful the last couple days. I know you poor souls who are baking are probably wanting to throw rotten tomatoes at me. Yesterday hubby was running late (we carpool) and I left him a note at the car telling him I was walking home. And made it home before he did. So I got a nice 35 minute walk in.

I'm doing better on my eating. I've cut the mindless non-stop eating down drastically.

I'm thinking of joining weight watchers. I have flex spending and my plan allows for reimbursement of a weight loss program and a gym membership. If you get a letter of medical necessity from your doctor for the treatment of obesity. I have both pre-approved and have just been lazy about actually doing it. Maybe if I go to meetings I'll have more motivation to stay with a healthy eating plan.

A new gym has opened near that is geared towards personal training. I may look into that. Depending on how expenisive it is.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Charity-crafter, I am jealous of your weather. These 100+ temperatures are making me doubly miserable.

Journal-What am I doing to stay on my plan today?

Motivation-Each day I work toward my goal I get just a little bit closer.

Quilt-take 30 minutes for your quilting today.

still battling my blood sugars and just feel lousy.

Grace=unmerited love Love=unconditional positive regard
Amazing Grace=love for no reason other than God loves me!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
hi guys! i have almost finished the 2nd baby quilt qnd later today i will start the one for the older brother. feels good to be back to quilting! as you know, i am ignoring my headache until i have the mri, hopefully with some news, and then the e n t. i am not ignoring my health, it's hard to be healthy without it, and isn't that one of our missions? to lose weight, to get healthier. i'm trying to not let it rule me(it being the headache.) i noticed earlier today that my right eye isn't behaving well, and that may be why i have lost more color vision. perhaps i should start doing art quilts and then people will think i put those crazy colors together to make an artistic statement! lol. i have a friend from africa who is an srtist and mixes all his paints by formula so he knows what color he is using. hope i will be as creative! fortunately, my daughter wants a black and white quilt, lmao. no proooblem! anyway, i'm getting ahead of myself- i still see plenty of colors. my right eye has always been my good eye, so to have it deteriorate is very scary. it's the one with the ocular hypertension which is not yet glaucoma.
i know we all have our challenges and that's what makes it life. being dead is no challenge at all. so i choose life and the marvelous unpredictabilty that makes it fun to get up everyday. i get knocked down, but i get up again..sing along if you know the words! i wonder if our discussion of health matters drives some of the joiners off? seems we have a lot fewer this month.
xylie--where are you? you are too quiet! speak up girl!.
i'm very glad you are here. without you i'd still be eating twinkies and wishing i could be thin. now i'm seeing my wishes come true, minus the twinkies! we had fresh wild salmon and jersey corn for dinner. mmm mmmm good! i love reading everyone's posts, and even tho' i may not acknowledge you by name i'm thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing you the best and thanking you for being there! i am losing, i am in control.
Nancia...your dinner sounds awesome! I just introduced my mom to cooking the fish topped with fresh veggies in a pouch of parchment paper. She had never done that before and is hooked now! I just LOVE salmon and it is so good for us.

You are such a sweetie!! I hope your weekend goes well.

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Originally Posted by scrapngmom
I am at 250, and I know that people look at me and not really see me, they look through me. Everyone around me is invited to things and I am left out. I assume it is because of my weight. Your right, it hearts your heart.
People can be cruel. They don't include you for lots of reasons. Because you don't have money to do lots of things they do or you have children and they can't be bothered with them. Don't waste time with people who don't have an open heart. They just lost out on what could be the best friend they ever had.
Hugs to you
Gail
Great advice Gail!!

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Charity-crafter, I am jealous of your weather. These 100+ temperatures are making me doubly miserable.

Journal-What am I doing to stay on my plan today?

Motivation-Each day I work toward my goal I get just a little bit closer.

Quilt-take 30 minutes for your quilting today.

still battling my blood sugars and just feel lousy.

Grace=unmerited love Love=unconditional positive regard
Amazing Grace=love for no reason other than God loves me!
What am I doing to stay on my plan today? Well. *sigh* I messed up today. I have been alone all day and for breakfast I ate pizza rolls and a while after that I ate some leftover peach crisp. Ugh. It has been awhile since I have eaten such yuckiness. I feel horrible emotionally for having done this. Now, I need to brush the dust off my skirt, so to speak, and start all over again. Good grief. Why I do these things to myself? I have no idea. Grr.

Missy