Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 AM

Hello all, I got on the scales today and somehow I had gained three pounds. Rats!!!!

I walked with a friend this morning down our local linier park. Oh, the devistation form the wind storm of Monday morning! The wet lands are still full of birds and critters but many trees and bushes are crushed, fallen or have been pulled to the side of the walking path.

Still trying to reach the 10,000 steps every day and should get real close to it today. Seem to be close daily but not quite there when I crash for the evening.

Keep moving ahead, down or toward your goal. We are half way through the month. On your mark, get set ..... run to the mail box becuase here comes that box of fat quarters or should I say, thin quarters!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Hello all, I got on the scales today and somehow I had gained three pounds. Rats!!!!

I walked with a friend this morning down our local linier park. Oh the devistation form the wind storm of Monday morning! The wet lands are sill full of birds and critters but many trees and bushes are crushed, fallen and have been pulled to the side of the walking path.

Still trying to reach the 10,000 steps every day. Should get close to it today. Seem to be close daily but not quite there when I crash for the evening.

Keep moving ahead, down or toward your goal. We are half way through the month. On your mark, get set ..... here comes that box of fat quarters or thin quarters!
Hang in there! I know the disappointment that comes from having a gain! I like what you said about being on our mark...I am going to get my thin quarter ready before I leave for Texas. I will be leaving on the 27th and be back on the 3rd. Would someone be willing to PM me with the name of the winner and also the link to next month's challenge? I would really appreciate that.

I am sure going to miss you guys when I am gone. We are going to a tiny tiny town in eat Texas where there is no wireless internet. Ugh. But my aunt does have internet but I do not know if she will let me use her computer. SO, I say all of that to say you might be hearing from me during that week.

Oh MJ...I love how you came up with your nickname! Very clever!

Missy
Old 07-15-2011, 01:25 PM

Hi all, I have made it to the beach in florida. I feel like I have gained a few pounds. I think I am retaining water.

Am enjoying myself.

Keep up the good work on your weight loss.

I am losing. I am in control.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Hi all, I have made it to the beach in florida. I feel like I have gained a few pounds. I think I am retaining water.

Am enjoying myself.

Keep up the good work on your weight loss.

I am losing. I am in control.
YES! You ARE losing and you ARE in control!! I am so proud of you! You have such a good attitude. I hope you enjoy every bit of your time in Florida. I will be sending you lots of good relaxing thoughts!

Missy
Old 07-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Does anyone other than me feel like people exclude you because of your weight?
Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Does anyone other than me feel like people exclude you because of your weight?
It is NOT just you. I know because I weighed over 500 pounds when I started my journey that there were lots of things I was excluded from. Many times I could not go to certain restaurants because I could not fit at their tables or sit in chairs that have arms. I still struggle with walking long distances and so if some were going shopping at a place where they did not have the riding carts then I could not go. I cannot ride in certain cars because it is too hard to get out of them. So...even though I am down around 390 or so I still cannot go with or participate in things that my family is doing.

I will say that it is getting better but it still hurts my heart knowing I am not able to participate because of my weight.

Missy
Old 07-15-2011, 03:47 PM

I am at 250, and I know that people look at me and not really see me, they look through me. Everyone around me is invited to things and I am left out. I assume it is because of my weight. Your right, it hearts your heart.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:48 PM

I meant hurts your heart not heart your heart. LOL

Thanks for being here as friends. It makes life a little less lonely.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
I meant hurts your heart not heart your heart. LOL

Thanks for being here as friends. It makes life a little less lonely.
Yes it does! Keep on posting! I would miss you if you stopped! :)

Missy
Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 PM

Way to go Missy!

Mj~ I sure hope that it doesn't take as long as all that to get your leg healed!

Trying to talk myself into going out to the garden for an hour tonight, maybe I'll just do the walking DvD I have instead.