Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by purplemem
Charity-crafter, I am jealous of your weather. These 100+ temperatures are making me doubly miserable.

Journal-What am I doing to stay on my plan today?

Motivation-Each day I work toward my goal I get just a little bit closer.

Quilt-take 30 minutes for your quilting today.

still battling my blood sugars and just feel lousy.

Grace=unmerited love Love=unconditional positive regard
Amazing Grace=love for no reason other than God loves me!
What am I doing to stay on my plan today? Well. *sigh* I messed up today. I have been alone all day and for breakfast I ate pizza rolls and a while after that I ate some leftover peach crisp. Ugh. It has been awhile since I have eaten such yuckiness. I feel horrible emotionally for having done this. Now, I need to brush the dust off my skirt, so to speak, and start all over again. Good grief. Why I do these things to myself? I have no idea. Grr.

Missy
Don't dwell on it, just start all over...we do things out of habit, and habits are long ingrained. You reverted to your comfortable pattern, it will be okay
Old 07-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Charity-crafter, I am jealous of your weather. These 100+ temperatures are making me doubly miserable.

Journal-What am I doing to stay on my plan today?

Motivation-Each day I work toward my goal I get just a little bit closer.

Quilt-take 30 minutes for your quilting today.

still battling my blood sugars and just feel lousy.

Grace=unmerited love Love=unconditional positive regard
Amazing Grace=love for no reason other than God loves me!
What am I doing to stay on my plan today? Well. *sigh* I messed up today. I have been alone all day and for breakfast I ate pizza rolls and a while after that I ate some leftover peach crisp. Ugh. It has been awhile since I have eaten such yuckiness. I feel horrible emotionally for having done this. Now, I need to brush the dust off my skirt, so to speak, and start all over again. Good grief. Why I do these things to myself? I have no idea. Grr.

Missy
Don't dwell on it, just start all over...we do things out of habit, and habits are long ingrained. You reverted to your comfortable pattern, it will be okay
Thank you MJ. It helps when someone helps you back on the right track. HUGS!

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
hi guys! i have almost finished the 2nd baby quilt qnd later today i will start the one for the older brother. feels good to be back to quilting! as you know, i am ignoring my headache until i have the mri, hopefully with some news, and then the e n t. i am not ignoring my health, it's hard to be healthy without it, and isn't that one of our missions? to lose weight, to get healthier. i'm trying to not let it rule me(it being the headache.) i noticed earlier today that my right eye isn't behaving well, and that may be why i have lost more color vision. perhaps i should start doing art quilts and then people will think i put those crazy colors together to make an artistic statement! lol. i have a friend from africa who is an srtist and mixes all his paints by formula so he knows what color he is using. hope i will be as creative! fortunately, my daughter wants a black and white quilt, lmao. no proooblem! anyway, i'm getting ahead of myself- i still see plenty of colors. my right eye has always been my good eye, so to have it deteriorate is very scary. it's the one with the ocular hypertension which is not yet glaucoma.
i know we all have our challenges and that's what makes it life. being dead is no challenge at all. so i choose life and the marvelous unpredictabilty that makes it fun to get up everyday. i get knocked down, but i get up again..sing along if you know the words! i wonder if our discussion of health matters drives some of the joiners off? seems we have a lot fewer this month.
xylie--where are you? you are too quiet! speak up girl!.
i'm very glad you are here. without you i'd still be eating twinkies and wishing i could be thin. now i'm seeing my wishes come true, minus the twinkies! we had fresh wild salmon and jersey corn for dinner. mmm mmmm good! i love reading everyone's posts, and even tho' i may not acknowledge you by name i'm thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing you the best and thanking you for being there! i am losing, i am in control.
OMG!I don't have the midus touch these last 2 weeks.My TV decided to turn itself on and go loud as it could,and would not go down or turn off,kept turning itself on and going loud.It had a mind of it's own.So had to get another one,then the phone quite,got a battery,and still won't keep a charge long.Found 2 matching panasonic speaker phones yesterday at goodwill and am charging them now.They look brand new.Then 2 days ago our power surged and blew everything out at the box.And charred wires and burnt up the buss bar and crystalized it,and the breaker was just powder on the end.Blew a 30 amp fuse,So had to make 2 trips to town 15 miles one way as the 1st guy at home depot gave me the WRONG breaker for the new box I bought.And several other things as bad we had to fix.Hubby can't see,so all these fun things fall on my to do.I would call a guy to help,but I learned unless they are personally known to me,I won't use them.Like the guy at home depot selling me the WRONG breaker for the box he just handed me,I asked him 2 times,now this IS the right breaker for it?Yes it is he said.And the 2 guys that were there when my neighbor called 3 days ago and said to come get her,as her car quite.I got down there 2 miles from home,and there was 2 guys were standing there with the hood up.I pulled up and got out and tried to start it to see what it was doing and it sounded like the battery was low.So looked at the battery and I found a burnt off wire that went to the alternater.So put it back on and jumped it.Got her going so she could take it to the shop.She later told my hubby,that those 2 guys standing there never even saw the wire.So,I'd rather do my own stuff.If I can't or don't know how,I'll ask someone or go on the internet.Except I had no power that one day.Anyway,got the power going for now.I am sooo tired from running to town and back,as it's a 15 mi trip one way,and I just hate to go to town.I am behind on laundry,and need to mail out some packages,and need to put in the new panel box at the electrical box yet.Did replace all the plugs the other day,and some of the wires with romex.Hubby had to help,as I just couldn't pull that big wire through the junction boxes.And the wires and plugins were replaced as they were broke and split everywhere.Good thing I'm handy and can do these things.Other than that,I've had no time much for anything.Had to have sandwiches the 1st night the power went out.My diet is shot,I'm back up to 170.Not good.But had ham in the sandwiches.Sodium was high.But am not giving up.I'm going to pick up the pieces and continue on like I always do.It's been so stressfull lately with all this crap going out.But have a handle on things now I think.Except for worrying if Obama is going to cut our funds off.We might not get a check the 3rd if he gets his way.Then how we going to live?We ain't that's how,The animals got to eat,and so do we,Not to count we won't be able to pay the electric bill.Boy,what a cruel thing to do to all of us.Anyway,that's why I haven't been on.But will start in again posting.Looks like I'm not the only one having problems.Plus my joints hurt and are inflamed like crazy.My disabilities are no cartalige and degenerative artheritus.My bones are sitting on bones.My back is shot,can't stand for long periods,can't walk a long ways.My elbows and wrists are shot too,had 2 carple tunnel operations on each wrist,and they just can't fix them as they are too shot.Had to have the rt radius head removed when I was 14 as the joint slipped out and sat on top of the other bone,when I was 9 and they couldn't fix it till I reached full growth as it stopped the arm growing.So had to go 5 yrs in extreme pain.My arm was crooked and looked like I had 2 elbows.Back then 41 yrs ago,they didn't have the things they do today.plus I have a lot of other just as fun things wrong with me.Like my neck is messed up,and now my lft knee is giving me fits.Ok,well,lets all not give up and continue on.If I can gimp around,so can you.So,hang in there ladies,this too will pass.I'm a warrier not a whiner,altho at times I'd like to,but like the bone dr's said,you just have to learn to live with it,and it doesn't do any good to gripe about it anyway.I did a lot better when they were paying for my celebrex.That is the only pill that works for me.Oh well,maybe if I hit the lottery,I can get some.A guy won from yuma 2 days ago.He's going to get $66,000. a yr for 30 yrs.Lucky guy.But I never buy tickets.Guess I will have to start buying at least 2 a week.Meantime we'll just have to continue on and be dillagent about our diets,and not give up.We can do it I know,because we all been doing it,and doing good.This is just a speed bump,and we've crossed over it now,so am on the downhill side.It will get better from here on in.Sometimes when we get lemons,we have to make lemonade out of them,Right?Right!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Wow Xylie...you are one busy lady!! You have so much knowledge and energy to do all of those things. I admire you and respect you so much for being such a go getter!

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM

Hi everyone. Hope you get this message. Our computers hard drive froze so we don't have a computer right now. My DGS is letting me use his laptop but since I've never used one it's touch and go. I did catch up on some of the posts. My system is still screwed up from the meds but I think we're making some progress at getting me back where I need to be. My eating has been totally out of control, I think it's from the new med he gave me to carry over until the others get adjusted. God Bless everyone. I hope things work out soon. I can't wait until I get my computer back. I'll try to keep up on posts.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Hi everyone. Hope you get this message. Our computers hard drive froze so we don't have a computer right now. My DGS is letting me use his laptop but since I've never used one it's touch and go. I did catch up on some of the posts. My system is still screwed up from the meds but I think we're making some progress at getting me back where I need to be. My eating has been totally out of control, I think it's from the new med he gave me to carry over until the others get adjusted. God Bless everyone. I hope things work out soon. I can't wait until I get my computer back. I'll try to keep up on posts.
I hope you get your computer working soon too! I am glad to hear that things are getting worked out with your meds. You know you have a champion here for you at any time! My eating has not been good either. It has been a long time since I have felt like eating like this. Oh well. We are all in this together, aren't we? God bless you and all of your families! Please stay cool in this hot weather. That will make us feel yucky too! (The heat that is)

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 02:48 PM

Don't give up! We all have bad days.

I am grateful you listen to me and tell me to keep on going. Some of us have debilitating illnesses, some have chronic conditions, some have chronic fear...
we all have something to overcome to reach our goals and they are mountains to us, even if they are just hills to the rest.

My point is to keep on going, keep on walking, keep on controlling your eating habits, keep on encouraging and strengthening one another...don't stop,
I AM Losing!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:10 PM

Don't give up! We all have bad days.

I am grateful you listen to me and tell me to keep on going. Some of us have debilitating illnesses, some have chronic conditions, some have chronic fear...
we all have something to overcome to reach our goals and they are mountains to us, even if they are just hills to the rest.

My point is to keep on going, keep on walking, keep on controlling your eating habits, keep on encouraging and strengthening one another...don't stop,
I AM Losing!
THANK YOU MJ!! You are the best cheerleader and encourager. You are an amazing woman and feel we are so blessed to have you in our lives!

Missy
Old 07-16-2011, 05:15 PM

Hello, y'all. Sounds like we all need to have a do over. My visiting granddaughter has moved on to her next stop so I have today to myself. Today I rested. Tomorrow I will get back to work on lots of things, including my weight. I've gained two pounds, so I have four to lose to meet my goal.

MJ, sorry you're grounded. I spent last Summer in a wheelchair so I can sympathize, except mine was just post surgical so there was nothing to be concerned about - just healing time. A wheelchair would give you some mobility and still keep the leg elevated.

Missy, you haven't come this far to mess up now. Forget your minor indiscretion and keep true to your goal. If the desire for the taste of something becomes too much, then play with it, smell it, put it in your mouth, but do not swallow it. Don't waste your food allotment on inappropriate foods.

Xylie, you've had a week of it, haven't you?

Here's something to cheer you all up. Hard to look at the smiling bride and groom and not smile.

Weding party
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227477[/ATTACH]

Beautiful day, beautiful setting, beautiful couple She is USMC, too
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227478[/ATTACH]

The grandmothers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227479[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227471.jpe   attachment-227472.jpe   attachment-227473.jpe  
Old 07-16-2011, 05:17 PM

I just got home from taking my DGD home after a week of her visiting here. We had a good time sewing and playing with my new Avante. I did pretty good with my eating. We ordered pizza last night and only ate 1 small piece. I just read a couple days of this thread. I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow since it a new day and a new start. Don't be too hard on yourself for a slip - we all have them.