Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!! >

July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!!

July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Question? What does the chance of winning a few FQs mean to your weight loss? Would this be easier if they were eliminated? Or would you not participate? Just some late night ruminations of a mind high on steroids - I need to sleep, but I'm not tired so I think too much. I didn't start the thread, so I can't change it - just asking. Is it because I never have a chance of winning or that I am behind on my mailing that I ask? I don't think so. BTW, I will get caught up. The rest of the week looks easy after my annual Dr app't tomorrow.

Good night, y'all.
For me it's just the support & chatter. FQ are nice but really not important.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:37 PM

A thought for today....

Loving your body only when it's perfect is like loving your children only when they are well behaved.

just sayin!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Today I started tracking again on myfitnesspal. Now I just need to keep it up and stay within the plan. Getting back into the exercise groove will help too.
My car had been in the shop for a week. So glad to get it back today. The whole summer I have been feeling like it could break down at any time so hopefully I will feel better about it now.
The fat quarters are not important to me. Actually, they are kind of a pain to have to keep mailing them in. Maybe if I had ever won any I would feel differently. The support of new friends is what is important to me.
Today I have been working on a mystery quilt from a class I took on saturday. I'll show you a pic after I get it all together and the borders on.
Everose, have a good trip. You know your mom was fine when you were gone before so she will be fine again. You can relax and know she is in good hands. No more guilty feelings after tomorrow afternoon!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Pam, my car broke down today with absolutely no warning. I'll have it towed in the morning. Who knows what is wrong? The repair shop computer, I hope, and then it can tell the owner. I feel so lost without my car even though I can go days without touching it.

Everose, have fun in AZ. Your mom will be well taken care and may adjust quickly.

Dodie, I like your quote.

Sh--, I need to subtract another 5 pounds from my goal weight. I've shrunk another inch. My DDs laugh because only one was taller than me, now they all are. Oh, well, there's nothing I can do about it.

Have a good evening.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:16 AM

My son finally made it hee fron Ja[an after a few glitches in the flight. His luggage did not make it. Thankfully it was on my front porch in the morning. Last time he was here they lost it for 2 1/2 weeks. They had him fil out a claim for it and when they realized how much it was going to cost them looked a little harder and found it. Luckily he can wear his younger brothers clothes. He went fishing with the neighbor yesterday and with my DS last night. Then they went out to the bar. They got home at 2:00 AM. Younger son had to work today. He had a little trouble getting out of bed. I will have to talk to him so he doesn't get his little brother in trouble at work. He usually orders tons of pizza etc when he is here. Not good for my diet. I have a really hard time resisting pizza, and all of the other junk he brings in the house. He is into jogging right now maybe it won''t be as bad as he usually is.
Everose have a good trip. You know you made the right decision. No more feeling guilty about it.
Healthy eating to all.
Pat
Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 AM

Hope everyone is weathering this crazy weather. We had a storm yesterday afternoon and I was driving home from work. Got so bad that I changed directions and headed for my daughters house which was closer. She was at work but the grandkids where home. Thought they would be upset about the wind and rain but all 3 where in the basement tv room with a flash light and their cell phone just in case. It was grandma who was scared!
Haven't done well my first month on the challenge. Six birthdays and one baby shower have been hard to manuver through. Will do better next month...hopefully.
Going on a quilt shop excursion with my best friend tomorrow to the Berlin, Ohio area. We will have a great time and the weather is supposed to co-operate!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 AM

Weather here has started to clear. Had one hellacious of a storm around 1:30. Hubby and I went out to lunch - tried to be good. Had a b-b-q sandwich and coleslaw. Will watch it at dinner - not planning much, i'm still full from that sandwich. Worked all morning on a Quilt of Valor quilt. The basic quilt is done - needs a solid border (about 1 - 1 1/2" and then planning a 4 1/2" piano key border using all the colors in the blocks (its a log cabin). Will post picture when done - probably in the August thread, though. Back down to sew on the piano key border. Eat good everyone.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Gorgeous day here today. Just got the mail and sat on the front porch looking at the Clotilde catalog. So many fun sewing gadgets!
Amber and I made freezer corn from 2 bushels of sweet corn. Certainly not a "light" recipe but oh so yummy! It should bring a nice taste of summer to our long cold winter. Just a little clean up left to do. It's pretty amazing the mess it makes with the corn flying around and all the pans and dishes we used.
We stopped at Wendy's for lunch. I've already eaten 860 cals today and that doesn't include the bites of corn here and there.
Have a great weekend everyone. Hubby gets home tonight. Tomorrow my twin sister, her daughter and 2 grand daughters will be coming to visit. Guess I get to cook....not my favorite thing to do. There's also a play going on I hope to get to see.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:49 PM

Ladies I am have been out of town. I will post by tomorrow the new link for next month.

Keep up the good work and remember you are in control of what you eat.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:29 PM

Hi, Cindy. I hope your trip was for fun.

I was just going to post. We have all been away for a day or so. Olympics? They are mesmerizing. Or just life getting in the way?

I picked my first warm from the garden tomato today. Don't laugh, Cadillac is way up in Michigan and a slightly higher altitude, so we run a little cooler in the Spring. Anyway, it was so good. I had some bacon left from cooking for someone else, so you know what I had for dinner. It may be my only BLT this year, but it was yummy. Now I need to go walk it off.

My car is back. I bought gas the day after we got 4" of rain in an hour at a station close to the lake in the lower end of town. I had water in my gas tank. No wonder it wouldn't run. Almost $4 a gallon for water. Something is wrong with that picture.

What did you do to be good for yourself today. Everose is in AZ, but she reminds us to be good to ourselves. Have a good evening.