Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-11-2013, 04:53 AM

Wow Roseanne! You look great! Congrats!
What's going on quiltermomma? You have us all worried.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:56 AM

Whoo-hoo Roseanne!!! Looking good - getting there to stay! Yeah - except the batiks are gonna be mine, so don't worry about that
Old 07-11-2013, 05:25 AM

Way to go Roseanne! Lookin' good!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:22 AM

Now that's what I call inspiration. Thanks so much Roseanne for reminding everyone that it can be done.

Looking good, girl!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:20 AM

I have to agree, that is inspiration to the max. You are doing awesome!!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 AM

I am feeling like my wheels are spinning but going nowhere. I have been working hard on this diet and not loosing anything. So wanting the bad stuff but knowing I don't dare go there. Once you get off the wagon, really hard to climb back on and I want those batiks. LOL
Life is just feeling busy. The kids are giving us a 50th birthday pary, DH and I, so need to put that on my load because once of the children is doing all the work and can't get it all done by herself, (works full time and school full time) then my samples are due for teaching quilting by August 5, so now need to get those all done, I have a king size quilt on the longarm now that is just being a bugger at me. Feeling intimidated by it. Want to do good but what to do with those 15-18" borders and it does not lay flat. Tricky and time consuming. Then DH is going in for his oral surgery today, remove teeth and put in implant rods so that to work with, then I sprained my big toe on left foot, can't go barefoot at all for six months. Six months!!! So where does that put exercise, yep slow going. Then I have yard work to do, carpet cleaning, house cleaning, then work, oh lets not go there, one of the guys is squaming over 2 cents. Yep .02 cents. I know I did it right, so now have to call Union, talk with them about the rate, redo all certified payroll if I am wrong, then paychecks from last week, change all the rates inthe computer. I really am sure I am right, but best to double check. That should keep you apprised of my world at this moment. I am starting back on the don quai herb and vitamin B-12 to help. Had my blood pressure done when at doctor for foot, this is high for me, was 135 over 89. i am usually a 110 over 60 person. I think I was a bit stressed don't you.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM

Roseanne, you look great! Keep up the good work.

QuilterMomma, sorry you're having so much stress. Hang in there. Sometimes I have to just take a few deep breaths and plow into the problem. haha
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Cindy, I got my FQ's mailed today. I'm sending for 3 months again.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM

@Meanmom - LOVE your hand dyes!!! I took a class with my quild several years ago and it was fun. I have some PFD and keep meaning to do it again, but I'll have to order the dyes. In class we had a choice on what colors to do and I chose the rainbow option. Do you know what brand of dyes you were using? They really look great. I keep thinking I'll use mine in a Granmother's Flower Garden.

@Roseann - thanks for the inspiration. You look really great, and I'm sure you feel better, too!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Cindy we used Procion dye from Dharma trading. This is what she highly recommends. She does quite a bit of dyeing. I really like the purples, the greens are just ok. I'm not a huge fan of greens and I think I was looking for a different color. I am trying to come up with what to do with them. I am taking a class on fabric marbling on Sunday. It is an all day class. I might be the only person signed up. They said someone from the shop will take the class and it will run. I sure hope so. I am going to order me some dye and start playing with it. I am sure there are tutorials on youtube.
Roseann you are looking good girl. Keep up the good work.
I went to my usual Thursday spinning class today. She said some people had requested and extra added to class since we missed last week. So like an idiot I stayed for 2 hours. Rode 47 miles. When I left class I was feeling good. My legs are starting to ache now. Hope I can walk tomorrow. We has green beans from the garden. LIke a lot of them. Enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket. I guess my plans for tomorrow have changed. I guess I am canning green beans.