June Weight Loss 2015

Old 06-23-2015, 07:50 PM

Those Chinese sizes are often like that. I have yoga pants coming and am curious to see if they are any where near the size I'm expecting. I did go up a size, just in case. I ordered my dress for my grandson's July wedding from Pyramid clearance and it fits like it was made for me - though very short. For the one last Saturday, I found a crocheted dress at Target for $8. I had a pink print chiffony thing ready to wear, but at the last minute the crochet seemed more beachy.

Batiks in August?? I have regained a little of what I lost. I'll just 'have to' join in August - I never did win any fabric - let alone batiks, but the fellowship of like minded 'losers' is/was worth it.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:12 PM

I knew we were due for batiks! It has been a while. Not sure if batiks sound better to me or purples. I am trying to get in my 10,000 steps a day. Yesterday I was not only lazy but I forgot to put on my Fitbit. I only had 600 steps on it yesterday.I rode my bike today 16 miles. My butt is sore but everything else is fine.
I am trying to behave myself eating. I am going to Hilton Head on Saturday. My brother and SIL order bad things from the bar at the beach. I keep eating it. We will probably go out to dinner a couple of times. I will have to walk a lot on the beach. They have water aerobics class every morning and yoga a few days a week. We will probably ride bikes too. Hope I at least don't gain.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:20 PM
Power Poster

meanmom a lot of places offer a steamed vegetable platter or a fruit platter. Of course there is always the old stand by of a salad. Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff coming up. Enjoy!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:58 AM

Annaquilts, the Zumba class is tomorrow and I'm already dreading it. At least I've already arranged to meet my friend and it's in the morning (less chance of me talking myself out of it as the day goes on!!). It's been a few weeks since I've done it and I'm sure once I get over the first one I won't dread it as bad. I REALLY need it. I gave up on planting any kind of seeds, I just can't get them to grow to maturity. I always go for the starter plants.

JuneBillie, so glad you got to spend Father's Day with your dad. A phone call sufficed for me (he's too far away) but grateful to be able to talk to him.

The soda issue - I am so fortunate that sodas are not something that give me a big problem. I really feel for those folks that it's an issue for. When I was a kid I remember my mom drinking a cold Coke first thing in the morning. Back then the sight of Coke in the morning made me sick to my stomach!! Now, I occasionally 'get a taste' for a nice cold soda and I go ahead and drink it. Then I don't even think about one for weeks and weeks. I sometimes get the super small can sizes to have on hand-love the little ones. Many years ago, I worked in a grocery store and noticed that a lot of the people that bought the diet sodas were really overweight. I decided it might either be that we are just, in general, overeating or there is something in the diet formula. Now, I've heard so much about the ingredients that go in to the artificial sweeteners that they kind of scare me. My biggest weakness has always been sweets. That seems to be diminishing (don't get me wrong - I still struggle mightily with that one) but I'm more likely to be craving salty these days. My personal goal today: eat more vegetables and make sure I drink my water.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:29 PM

The yoga pants from China arrived. the XL pants have been passed on to my massage therapist's eight year old daughter. He laughed when he looked at them. "Were these for you?" "Yes, and I ordered a size larger than I normally wear." It would have cost more to return them than I paid for them. She's a gymnast so I'm sure they will be used in the fall if not now. They were a pretty print, too, darn it. Perfect for summer.

Trouble with sweets? Go gluten free. Cuts way down on the choices. The only sweets I have regularly are Dove dark chocolates and with those I can choose a number I'm going to have in a day and stick to it.

I'm going to look into a senior exercise class. I love my yoga, but wouldn't mind a regular class. I think the one I want is too early in the morning for me but I'll check it out. I know my feet would never be able to do a Zumba class.

Last edited by Irishrose2; 06-25-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:13 PM

It's a boy! A big boy! He weighed 9 lb 13 oz. Jack was 2 1/2 lbs bigger than his big sister weighed at birth. I'm so happy to have a grandson! He's a hairy little guy. His bushy eyebrows run into his hairline. He has sideburns, a hairy back and even a hairy butt. He was born at 6:02 pm yesterday and left the hospital 25 hours later.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:34 AM

What a handsome little (big) guy! How exciting that Jack (I like the name) arrived safe and sound. My newest grandson is referred to as Baby Chunk, while my newest granddaughter is tiny. They come in all sizes, for sure.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:48 AM

Just a quick hello. I was released from the hospital yesterday after more than 2 weeks. My first PT session is this afternoon, then I hope to get reacquainted with my new laptop.

Pam, what a beautiful baby! Congratulations.

More later. Hugs
Old 06-26-2015, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Pam he is gorgeous! Welcome little man!

Lynne glad to hear you are out. I hope the healing goes fast.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:40 PM

Pam he is so cute. COngratulations on your new grandson. Such a big guy. So glad to hear everyoe is doing well.
Lynne so glad to hear you finally got out of the hospital. Was it the original plan to stay that long? Wow I hope it wasn't too bad. You will have to give us details. Pt is one of those necessary evils. I haven't been stretching this week and I can tel when I go up and down the stairs.
I leave for Hilton Head in the morning. Can't wait. My flight leaves at 6:00 AM. It takes about 1 hr and 20 minutes to get there. I guess I am getting up pretty early. It will be a fun trip.