Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Xylie 55. you live in calif and have lemons? drink slussy lemonaide with sweetner. would luv to have a lemon tree again. had one in san bernadino calif yrs ago.
mj. glad you are home. sorry to hear you have been sick
missy. GO GIRL
4 yr old grandson. i am just making it. don't think i will do this again.HA. as soon as i typed that, i knew i would in a heart beat. he was a stinker today. prob cause he had a reaction to the off i sprayed him with. benedryled him up. liquid and stick on the skin. poor fella.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM

Well,I'm a webfoot,so am dyeing to know where you were at in Oregon.I really miss it too.But love it here also.Our home is where our heart is,right now it's here.[/quote]

Hey Xylie, first we landed in Ocean Park, Washington in our RV. It is on the Long Beach Peninsula. When we moved back, we ended up in a townhouse across the Columbia River in Hammond, Or - across the bay from Astoria.

I have a story similar to Missy's Harley Davidson rumble. The first time we pulled on to the Peninsula was the weekend after Labor Day. Unbeknownst to us, everything was booked because it was the "Rod Run to the End of the World"....classic cars everywhere.

Great memories. Where in the NW have you lived?[/quote]

Well I was born in Ontario Oregon,grew up in Vale,Oregon till 16,then we moved to Milton Freewater,Oregon.Then to the coast at Newport.So grew up in the blue mountains as my grandparents lived at Spray,Oregon where John Day was the closest bigger town.And grew up on the Columbia River cat fishing and hunting the Blue mountains.We come from generations of loggers from way back.So,I'm a rebel at heart,it just comes naturally.We grew up wild and did all sorts of crazy things.Wonder were all still alive.And what the boys did,the girls did.If the guys went hunting or fishing,we went too.No,it's for just guy thing there.We all went.We grew up on deer and elk.My dad was a skid dozer and run a big cat and we always went with him a lot on his jobs riding the cat.He was one of those that would go where no man had been before dozing roads for the lumberjacks,and also dug the resevours.Been down here since 1990.No snow like we had in Oregon,but we love it here.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 AM

Good Morning!
It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Mississippi!

I had a wonderful weekend...due to my hospitalization I had my DH home for the weekend, and my BFF and her hubby drove 200 miles to spend the day with us. We quilted and got caught up on chat for a while.

Journal:
Find one issue on your gratitude list and expound.

Motivation:
Each step I take in restricting my diet is a step towards a healthier body.

Quilting:
What about quilting brings you joy?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 AM

What a great idea,thanks for doing this. Just found your contest (June 13). Can I sign up for July, or is this going to be a continuing weight loss contest? I understand if it is as people new to joining may be losing easier than those who have been on it a while. I love the idea, though. If it isn't too late, let me know. I have been on WW since March 4, but it is getting harder to stick with it - this would help me focus. Congratz on your loss; way to go!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:03 AM

You can always chat with us and participate.
The sign up is for the best loser FQ win which will be on July2011 thread, beginning June 30.

We are very happy to have you here.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

lovingquiltsforall-boy that's alot for me to type.lol glad to have you here.good luck on your weight loss also.Seems kina quiet here today. Everyone must be out excersizing.purplemem hope your doing better. how nice for your friend to come and quilt and visit with you. Everyone have a great day. Mary
Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM

I haven't posted in weeks. I finally am mailing Missy out her fat quarter for last month. I have gained 2 of the 4 lbs I lost last month. I need to take the time to take care of myself and check in with you guys more. If I get some free time I will have to read up on all the posts I have missed.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM

may i call you lovingq? so much easier. i have fat finger disease that only flares up when i type (lol). actually, i'm just slow. more importantly, welcome! this is my first month so i'm not seasoned enough to guide you in any way, but i'm certainly glad you're joining us. it's a great group with wo nderful support and encouragement!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:56 AM

weighed in today - only lost 0.8 lbs since last week. Not trying to down myself since I just realized what I messed up on Saturday evening (2 full-sugar sodas plus 'junk' food)

I really need to start upping my activity levels.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:28 PM

Well I was super excited to weigh in this morning, I saw a 2lb loss. for a total of 6 pounds this month!

I am feeling pretty great!
Kids are offocially out of school for summer so I dont know how much quilting I will get done in the next few months. . but I am determined to finish quilting at least one this month!

My find of the week is Quinoa, anyone tried it?
I made it spanish style like rice the other night but I am looking for more ideas.