Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 PM

Yeah,I lost another 2 pounds.That makes 10 pounds for the month.Finaly I'm moving again.My neighbors came down and brought 15 pounds of red m & m's in a box that her mother found at some store for $1.00 a pound.Don't know what we're going to do with all them.That's a lot of m&m's.I think save them,for christmas and bake cookies to pass around,Anyway,I can put them in the freezer.As I sure don't want to eat them.They are just the plain ones,and all of them are red.And our 3 baby kittens have a adopted mama.Our one cat sugarbaby,has taken to licking them and mamaing them.Their still so little.Cute little devils tho.They nurse off each-other.Tried to break it up,but the 2 suck on the little black one's belly,and it sucks on one of them's eye-ball.I finely gave up,it works for them I guess,and they will not stop.Anyway,I'm happy to be moving on.I hope it continues.Good luck and hang in their ladies.You can do it.I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi everyone
Haven't been around to check in so just catching up on the postings.
So sorry for your depression jholm, my mom had bad bouts of it and it really made a "normal" family life tough at times. I, so far, have had no problems and I credit it to my DH who is always looking out for my moods and if I get down he is right there to shake me up and make me open up with whats in my head. My prayers are with you and the others here having problems.
redkimba great loss you are doing great.
MJ do take care and call the doc if you haven't and tell him whats going on I will keep you in my prayers
To all that have been losing "good job" keep it up as mj said we are 2/3 of the way through this month.We Are All Losing!!!
I have just .2 of a pound to lose to be at the 5 lb loss for the month. I will do this. Thanks to all for the encouragement you have given
I have upped my walking and increased my water intake. That shoudl put me over the top (fingers crossed)
I am working on a boys quilt for a friend who's son loves the movie
CARS so a quilt with that them for him. It's all ready to quilt so now to decide what type of quilting and then bind and it's ready to go to him.
I also have four other quilts for kids to be donated so not to bad so far this year. Quilting helps keep me out of the kitchen and not think about food. I do love food, all kinds, that is my problem. maybe if i couldn't taste the food I wouldn't crave it so.
Hugs to all
Gail
Gail,

Having a supportive partner is so important when dealing with the various mental illnesses out there. Having schizophrenia is so hard at times and having my mom and Cathie makes my life so much better.

You are doing so great and I am very proud of you Gail!

I do not know what my weight is yet. I am staying away from the scale until I go in to see my surgeon for my first fill on the lap band. Hopefully they will call me on Monday to set the appointment up.

I am going to be taking a trip to Texas with Cathie and my mom and nephews this next month. I want my father to meet Cathie. I think it is a secret but I think Cathie will be asking my father for my hand when we are there. I heard her talking to my mom about it the other night when they were sitting outside. I am secretly THRILLED beyond words about that. I have never shared a love like this before. Oh my. *deep breath*

Life can be so good sometimes, no?

Missy
Old 06-19-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Hi everyone
So sorry for your depression jholm, my mom had bad bouts of it and it really made a "normal" family life tough at times. I, so far, have had no problems and I credit it to my DH who is always looking out for my moods and if I get down he is right there to shake me up and make me open up with whats in my head. My prayers are with you and the others here having problems.
MJ do take care and call the doc if you haven't and tell him whats going on I will keep you in my prayers
To all that have been losing "good job" keep it up as mj said we are 2/3 of the way through this month.We Are All Losing!!!
I have just .2 of a pound to lose to be at the 5 lb loss for the month. I will do this. Thanks to all for the encouragement you have given
I have upped my walking and increased my water intake. That shoudl put me over the top (fingers crossed)
CARS so a quilt with that them for him. It's all ready to quilt so now to decide what type of quilting and then bind and it's ready to go to him.
I also have four other quilts for kids to be donated so not to bad so far this year. Quilting helps keep me out of the kitchen and not think about food. I do love food, all kinds, that is my problem. maybe if i couldn't taste the food I wouldn't crave it so.
Hugs to all
Gail
Gail,

Having a supportive partner is so important when dealing with the various mental illnesses out there. Having schizophrenia is so hard at times and having my mom and Cathie makes my life so much better.

I do not know what my weight is yet. I am staying away from the scale until I go in to see my surgeon for my first fill on the lap band. Hopefully they will call me on Monday to set the appointment up.

I am going to be taking a trip to Texas with Cathie and my mom and nephews this next month. I want my father to meet Cathie. I think it is a secret but I think Cathie will be asking my father for my hand when we are there. I heard her talking to my mom about it the other night when they were sitting outside. I am secretly THRILLED beyond words about that. I have never shared a love like this before. Oh my. *deep breath*

Missy
Ah i see coming to Texas in the hottest month. What part of texas u coming to???

Today the temp is 102 and I have not left my apartment for anything. I am chilling inside today and getting my food ready for work tomorrow. I will be a sucess in my weight loss.

Hope everyone is having a good day/weekend. Keep up the good work and remember you have friends here.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:15 PM

I only hit the enter key once and it posted twice. so i am editing.

Remember to drink your water and to make the wiser choice
Old 06-19-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Hi everyone
Hugs to all
Gail
Gail,

Missy
Ah i see coming to Texas in the hottest month. What part of texas u coming to???

Today the temp is 102 and I have not left my apartment for anything. I am chilling inside today and getting my food ready for work tomorrow. I will be a sucess in my weight loss.

Hope everyone is having a good day/weekend. Keep up the good work and remember you have friends here.
My dad lives in Plano just north of Dallas/Richardson area. I grew up there and moved away from that area and to California in 1994 and then to South Dakota in 2005. After living in San Francisco and now in South Dakota, I can honestly say, I LOVE IT HERE. The weather is wonderful (cold snowy winters but still) and the people are incredible.

Anyway...sorry for blabbing...LOL

Missy
Old 06-19-2011, 02:37 PM

Missy,

I know that area, it is not far from me. I live in Oak Cliff. Do you know the dates you will be here. Maybe we could meet for lunch if times allows.

Cindy
Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Missy,

I know that area, it is not far from me. I live in Oak Cliff. Do you know the dates you will be here. Maybe we could meet for lunch if times allows.

Cindy
Oh Cindy that would be fun! I was born in Methodist Hospital and for the first few months of my life I lived on Wilbur Street in Oak Cliff. I think we will be there in the third week of July. I will let you know for sure closer to the time.

Missy
Old 06-19-2011, 03:36 PM

Missy,

Cindy
Oh Cindy that would be fun! I was born in Methodist Hospital and for the first few months of my life I lived on Wilbur Street in Oak Cliff. I think we will be there in the third week of July. I will let you know for sure closer to the time.

Missy
I will be in Florida the 3rd week, I leave on the 16th and come back on the 25th. Maybe next time you come to Texas

Cindy
Old 06-19-2011, 03:42 PM

Missy,

Cindy

Missy
I will be in Florida the 3rd week, I leave on the 16th and come back on the 25th. Maybe next time you come to Texas

Cindy
That sounds like a good plan! I hope you have a great time in Florida!!

Missy
Old 06-19-2011, 04:36 PM

Xylie,
you are doing great on your weight loss! Keep it up!

Missy,
I do hope that you will take a leeetle detour east and south to visit me...on your way home from Texas??
I used to live in East Plano, and worked in Richardson. I loved the DFW area.

Jeanne,
How did you do today?

I have a huge headache today, even hurts to squint my eyes...going to bed in about 10 minutes in hopes to sleep it off.