Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:44 PM

Of course you looked hot! You are very beautiful!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Of course you looked hot! You are very beautiful!
Oh MJ you are the bestest ever!!!

Missy
Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by irishrose
Charity, very interesting quilts. I have ADD, too, as do two of my children and several of my grandchildren. I swear it's worse now that my body can't keep up with my mind.

Xylie, With that much water, did you take in enough salt? Being salt deprived will make me weak and sicky feeling. I thought you had decided 150 was a reasonable goal. If you have heavier bones than I do, that's a good goal for our height. BTW, you want to build muscle. It burns more calories and protects bones from injury, etc. I'd love to turn the fat in my body to muscle. I was one of those with a 21 inch waistline. Made finding clothes very interesting as I was normal sized above and below the waist. I went into the hospital to have my third child with a 26 inch waist. Funny the things we remember.

I went back to my TV exercise program yesterday. I love it, though I wish it each section were longer. It's a very quick 30 minutes. The Senior center offers Tai Chi and chair yoga, but that means getting up in the morning and getting myself over there. I have a script for physical therapy, but my copay is $30 a session, so that's a problem. I need to pay my house insurance before I worry about that.

My weight is so stuck. I keep forgetting to try on my smallest pants to see how many inches I have to go. BTW, I think a 12-14 is a very reasonable size - a normal 12 or 14 from Penney's, not a fancy designer one that would be an 18 or 20 in the real world. I don't what that translates into men's jeans sizes. They don't work for me. If you're an apple, I'm a pear. I do think these rocker shoes have slimmed my backside somewhat. That's not why I wear them. My foot couldn't bend when the nerve damage was bad and these babies don't bend.

Looks like I've rambled enough for now. Y'all have a good day. Like Rita's mom said, "Eat small and healthy."

I AM losing weight - the scales just don't know it. Judy
A 26 inch waste.Lucky you.I don't think I'll ever be that.But a 32 is duable for me,as I look good in them when I can get my butt back into them.Just now at 38.Better than 53 where I was.Ya,I think I'm big boned.Maybe not.And being solid,I can carry extra weight and get away with it.No body would ever guess I weighed as much as I did.I put on my 18/20 pants today,and their now too big.So must be a 16/18 now.Well,I got lots of big nice bras,and panties that fall off now.In fact I have to empty all my drawers out and get smaller underware that fits me better.And my fingers,I use to wear a 8,and now I have a size 6 1/2 gold wedding band on.And my feet,Wore a 9,now wear 8.Everything shrinks.My boobs are disapearing tho.Thank god I bought some Rhonda Sheer bras that shrink with me and still fit good.Ya,mine is in the belly.Like now,I have thin legs and arms,lost my double chin way back.Was glad to see that go.And am lucky my skin isn't sagging.Guess because I'm solid and do have muscles.I can't exercise either,but I've always been strong and worked hard jobs.Worked cannery's,cooking,waitressing,washing dishes,worked in the fields riding spud diggers from daylight to sundown 18 hrs a day throwing dirt clauds off the belt.Of course didn't know they were 1 to 2 ft across when I signed up.Thought,ya,I can toss the clauds off,no problem.NOT! Then when the trucks weren't there,I got off the digger and threw potatoes in the hopper while the tractor was moving.And had to keep up.18 hrs a day.Looked like a racoon at night when I got home,I was dirt head to toe.I was probably 150 pounds then,and age 24 yrs old.That was a fun job.LOL!Then thought I'd hoe onions.Well,my god,those rows were I swear a mile long.And in the sun all day.Ya,my friend lasted 1 day.She was bitchy for 3 days afterwards sore from the work.I did 3 days and found a job cooking at the Kings Table.At least I was in doors.So,have worked hard jobs.No pencil pushing for me.Back then,if we didn't work,we didn't eat.Anyway,that's why I'm all banged up and shot now.Had disabilities to begin with,so all that hard work on top of it finished me.
Oh Bonita! I WISH my boobs would shrink!! I am down from a 50GG to a 44GG. I had to buy new bras right after surgery because the underwire hits right on my big incision. UGH. So, I bought me two new ones that are soft cup so they feel better but I wish I had gone down one more chest size when I ordered them. Oh well. LOL!

Missy
Well,they will,you wait.Mine were nice when I was bigger.But just was suprised that 'everything' shrunk.So,you will too.I like rhona sheer bras that stretch.I got the 4 X,and wore them then,and wear them now,as they stretch.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by irishrose
Charity, very interesting quilts. I have ADD, too, as do two of my children and several of my grandchildren. I swear it's worse now that my body can't keep up with my mind.

Xylie, With that much water, did you take in enough salt? Being salt deprived will make me weak and sicky feeling. I thought you had decided 150 was a reasonable goal. If you have heavier bones than I do, that's a good goal for our height. BTW, you want to build muscle. It burns more calories and protects bones from injury, etc. I'd love to turn the fat in my body to muscle. I was one of those with a 21 inch waistline. Made finding clothes very interesting as I was normal sized above and below the waist. I went into the hospital to have my third child with a 26 inch waist. Funny the things we remember.

I went back to my TV exercise program yesterday. I love it, though I wish it each section were longer. It's a very quick 30 minutes. The Senior center offers Tai Chi and chair yoga, but that means getting up in the morning and getting myself over there. I have a script for physical therapy, but my copay is $30 a session, so that's a problem. I need to pay my house insurance before I worry about that.

My weight is so stuck. I keep forgetting to try on my smallest pants to see how many inches I have to go. BTW, I think a 12-14 is a very reasonable size - a normal 12 or 14 from Penney's, not a fancy designer one that would be an 18 or 20 in the real world. I don't what that translates into men's jeans sizes. They don't work for me. If you're an apple, I'm a pear. I do think these rocker shoes have slimmed my backside somewhat. That's not why I wear them. My foot couldn't bend when the nerve damage was bad and these babies don't bend.

Looks like I've rambled enough for now. Y'all have a good day. Like Rita's mom said, "Eat small and healthy."

I AM losing weight - the scales just don't know it. Judy
A 26 inch waste.Lucky you.I don't think I'll ever be that.But a 32 is duable for me,as I look good in them when I can get my butt back into them.Just now at 38.Better than 53 where I was.Ya,I think I'm big boned.Maybe not.And being solid,I can carry extra weight and get away with it.No body would ever guess I weighed as much as I did.I put on my 18/20 pants today,and their now too big.So must be a 16/18 now.Well,I got lots of big nice bras,and panties that fall off now.In fact I have to empty all my drawers out and get smaller underware that fits me better.And my fingers,I use to wear a 8,and now I have a size 6 1/2 gold wedding band on.And my feet,Wore a 9,now wear 8.Everything shrinks.My boobs are disapearing tho.Thank god I bought some Rhonda Sheer bras that shrink with me and still fit good.Ya,mine is in the belly.Like now,I have thin legs and arms,lost my double chin way back.Was glad to see that go.And am lucky my skin isn't sagging.Guess because I'm solid and do have muscles.I can't exercise either,but I've always been strong and worked hard jobs.Worked cannery's,cooking,waitressing,washing dishes,worked in the fields riding spud diggers from daylight to sundown 18 hrs a day throwing dirt clauds off the belt.Of course didn't know they were 1 to 2 ft across when I signed up.Thought,ya,I can toss the clauds off,no problem.NOT! Then when the trucks weren't there,I got off the digger and threw potatoes in the hopper while the tractor was moving.And had to keep up.18 hrs a day.Looked like a racoon at night when I got home,I was dirt head to toe.I was probably 150 pounds then,and age 24 yrs old.That was a fun job.LOL!Then thought I'd hoe onions.Well,my god,those rows were I swear a mile long.And in the sun all day.Ya,my friend lasted 1 day.She was bitchy for 3 days afterwards sore from the work.I did 3 days and found a job cooking at the Kings Table.At least I was in doors.So,have worked hard jobs.No pencil pushing for me.Back then,if we didn't work,we didn't eat.Anyway,that's why I'm all banged up and shot now.Had disabilities to begin with,so all that hard work on top of it finished me.
Oh Bonita! I WISH my boobs would shrink!! I am down from a 50GG to a 44GG. I had to buy new bras right after surgery because the underwire hits right on my big incision. UGH. So, I bought me two new ones that are soft cup so they feel better but I wish I had gone down one more chest size when I ordered them. Oh well. LOL!

Missy
Well,they will,you wait.Mine were nice when I was bigger.But just was suprised that 'everything' shrunk.So,you will too.I like rhona sheer bras that stretch.I got the 4 X,and wore them then,and wear them now,as they stretch.
Well after I get close to my goal weight I will be having a boat load of plastic surgery. So if they do not get to where I want them to be then the doctor will get them there. lol

Missy
Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 PM

i had to have mine removed 25 yrs ago and they put in implants. i'm on my third pair, not by choice, but i've found that my boobs don't change size nearly as much as they used to when i used to lose and gain! i guess that's the plus side of plastic (no pun intended). guys should wise up-- you want big breasts you either need a large woman, an altered chest, or the few who are naturally blessed (very few).lol
Old 06-16-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good morning all!

Xylie55 - Glad to hear you're feeling better. Be careful out in that heat and humidity. I know what you mean about hard work, I used to farm, milk cows, raise tobbaco & hay. This was back in the day when they didn't have fancy machines to do all the work. Everything was by hand.

Nancia - write down an eating plan for yourself and STICK TO IT! I've been there I know what it's like. I'm better now - I eat five tiny meals a day but not necessarily all the nutrients I should be eating. My goal is to get down to 105 but my therapist thinks that might be to low so I guess I'll just wait and see. I started out at 233 5 years ago.I'm only 4'11" and have fairly small bones so to carry the 233 was a real detriment to my health.

I did water aerobics yesterday for an hour and stayed under my calorie limit. I even ate some fairly healthy food. I was going to go swimming this a.m. but I got up to late so I'll go at noon if I get everything done in time. Thursday is my busy day. I do have a walk sceduled though so even if I don't go swimming I will have walked.

Hope everybody has a nice day! I AM LOSING IT!!!!
Wow,that was hard work.Back then they didn't have the one stop self milking machines of today,your right.Now the cows are self milking.When they 'feel' full,they go and get washed,milked,washed again,and rubbed down,without the farmer even being there.Amazing.I can still remember my older brother squirting us littler kids with the milk straight from the cow.My hubby ran a 4 team of mules in the fields when he was only 7 yrs old.They made him a plank to stand on so he could keep up.And he did it all by himself.Back then,everybody worked hard.And raising 5 kids,is very hard work.My mom raised 5 kids in 2 batches.Had 2 a yr apart,then 6 yrs later had 3 more,a yr apart.Like triplets almost.Don't know how she did it.She too worked very hard jobs.At least we weren't lazy.I think at times today I am.Or I try to be,but always got something to fix as hubby can't do as much or see good any more to do anything.So,it falls on me,which is great,because I already know how to plumb,and do electrical stuff.I told him monday after I fixed the pump tank,and washer,that we are getting to where we need a full time handyman,and he said "I got one" I said,not quite what I had in mind.As some days I can't even get out of bed I hurt so bad.And when I do,It takes me an hour to thaw my joints out and get my meds down so I can move even.I have a cane I use with my back,and huge braces for my arms and wrists,and elbows.They do help,but are a hinderance at times too.Like one time a stand in dr. filled in and asked me if I wore the splints just for him,well,now he sat there with a broken leg in a cast from ski ing,and I couldn't resist.I said "No, did you wear that cast just for me?" He just looked at me.Then asked what all my problems were,he told me I just had too many things wrong with me,and I didn't even get to my neck yet.So,stupid dr. I thought.So,that was the LAST time I wore my splints to the dr's office.That was 7 yrs ago.I put them back on in the car.Idiot! I told "MY" dr that too what he done and what I said.And he thought it was funny.4
Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 PM

Good morning!
Today is one of those upside down days. Haven't been to bed yet, been talking to one of my employers to get details, etc.

Xylie, I was raised like you. My gmother was a sharecropper, we had a cow, some pigs and chickens, no running water or electricity. My gdad had a mule he plowed with. If we wanted fried chicken we killed the chicken, plucked it and cooked it.
We were up at dawn and into bed as soon as dark fell. Read by a coal oil light at night. Cooked on the wood stove. Bath in a wash tub by the stove, heated the water on the stove...toted from the pump in the yard.

Today's Journal:
What I appreciate about my modern world.

Motivation:
I will feel better tomorrow for what I have done today.

Quilting:
I will quilt 15 minutes today for ME.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning!
Today is one of those upside down days. Haven't been to bed yet, been talking to one of my employers to get details, etc.

Xylie, I was raised like you. My gmother was a sharecropper, we had a cow, some pigs and chickens, no running water or electricity. My gdad had a mule he plowed with. If we wanted fried chicken we killed the chicken, plucked it and cooked it.
We were up at dawn and into bed as soon as dark fell. Read by a coal oil light at night. Cooked on the wood stove. Bath in a wash tub by the stove, heated the water on the stove...toted from the pump in the yard.

Today's Journal:
What I appreciate about my modern world.

Motivation:
I will feel better tomorrow for what I have done today.

Quilting:
I will quilt 15 minutes today for ME.
Yes,many of us have done that.And the out houses,back then before TP,they used a pail of water with a rag for each member of the family.And they washed it out after each use.I still remember the kids on howlloween tipping the out houses over as a prank.So,I'm with you.They can have the good old days.I like flipping a switch and having electricity.But if the power goes out,I'm prepared as well.As we have oil lamps,and 12 volt lights,and a propane stove for heating and cooking in the winter.As well as a ac/dc tv.And 3 12 inch 12 volt fans for in the summer.And a port a potty.Plus I like my air conditioning.I like being comfortable.Helps me to lose weight.Knowing there are others doing the same thing.Ya,I like the good new days.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 AM

Well today was my weigh in day and I paid for Sunday morning foraging. I gained 1 lb. I've been trying this week to get back on track I guess I'll just have to work harder.
I've been depressed and extremely tired, I haven't even toughed my quilting in two weeks. Somehow I have to snap out of this.

I hope everyone will have a good day. We're supposed to have rain for the next couple days.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:00 AM

well, i'm up early today! my husband is back and it's nice to have him home. this will complicate my cooking schedule as i will have to fit him in. small price to pay to have him here!
jeanne, sorry you're down. don't have any words of wisdom, but do really care. depression is like a mold, it grows in all the little cracks and crevisses and is so hard to get rid of. one day at a time, one quilt at a time, and some days, one breath at a time. hugs and more hugs!
time to eat breakfast. don't faint! it was bound to happen sooner or later. oatmeal, anyone?
i am losing weight. i am losing weight. i am!
the modern convenience i'm most grateful for is the ford mustang convertible gt. go, granny, go!!