Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-19-2011, 05:30 PM

Hi Friends. What happens to the time? I am going thru another one of my times of online aversion. I am really bad with it now with my new laptop. I do not like Windows 7 at all!

I've read all the posts since my last one. YOU ladies are really kicking butt! I'd like to add my 2cents to the comment made about food causing depression. Call me strange, but I suspect things are added to our foods to make us want more. I know that when I eat breads, crackers, cereal, etc, I can eat the entire box and still not be satisfied. I think that is why my meal plan is working so well for me. No breads, crackers, cereals, chips.

Only 10 days left this month. Make them successful!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 PM

missy i miss dallas so much, but i suspect it was the dallas of 10 yrs ago, and not the 2011 dallas!lol-- i might be in texas--the colony-- the third to last week in july. i'm waiting for my grandaughter to be born! she's due on aug. 4th, but expected early. i'll pm my husband's cell number on the off chance we can meet.
early congratulations on your maybe engagement! pretty exciting stuff! what a goal that will be!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:17 PM

ok, ladies (we are all female, right?) this has been a disaster of a week! i was going great guns until my husband came home. i felt i clearly told him about my eating plan, but evidently, he heard very little. he went to sonic and brought me the largest burger they have, and a 44oz cherry limeade, and french fries. only glad there was no dessert. then he went out for breakfast nad came back with coffee, but was all flustered because he forgot to get me donuts. he picked up chinese food with at least half the meal as fried rice, and wanted me to have fried noodles on my chow mein. i said--we need to talk. and again i laid out my food plan. we went to the mall on an errand and there's olive garden, which he thought would be nice for father's day. i had tilapia with parmesan crust and steamed summer veggies, half a bread stick in maranara sauce, and 4 grilled shrimp in a lemon garlic butter sauce, and big confession--1/3 of a tiramisu. and 6 cups of coffee. i left my new 1ltr water bottle at the mall--boo, hiss. my dh is recovering from cancer and needs to GAIN weight and in the past 2 weeks has lost 7 lbs (while out of town). i have to find a way for him to bulk up and me to slim down. so far it's not happening and you all know i was losing weight! i think it's all the mad dashes to the bathroom! HELP! how can i feed him real food high in calories and protein while i eat frozen microwave lean cuisine?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 AM

MJ - I wound up not going to church so I didn't get in trouble there. My gastroparesis kicked up and I had quit a bit of stomach pain so I just layed around all day.

It's been storming here and is supposed to storm for the next five days - that will not help my depression. I have several mental illnes diagnosis and it's a real battle to keep my meds balanced to keep them under control. Luckily I have a very understanding husband. I really appreciate the support I get from this board.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:29 AM

AN UPDATE, THANKS TO THE BATHROON SCALE, I HAVE MET THE 5 LB CHALLENGE woo hoo! now to keep that off, and keep losing, despite my beloved's good intentions! i am amazed that i lost anything as you can tell from my previous post. i celebrate each loss for what it is! 5 more lbs and i will be below 200 for the first time in years (3). that is my next goal! off to eat breakfast. chat with you later! i am losing, i am losing, son of a gun, i AM losing!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:58 AM

Good morning! Thank goodness I slept well last night and the headache disappeared!

Jeanne, we are your friends. Don't give up! I do the medication jitterbug often because of my multiple organ failures, etc. The one thing I have learned is never give up!

For a long time, I had under my avatar: Adapt! Improvise! Overcome! the motto of the marines, but it worked well for me.

Missy, congratulations on your (almost) engagement! I am so thrilled for you!

Leanne, I hate Windows 7. I use Mozilla Chrome and am much happier with it. I'm still trying to learn the details of Word 2010, a challenge, to be sure.

Nancia, congratulations! I am happy for you! Losing 5 pounds is wonderful!

Xylie, where are you this morning? I miss you.

Journal: anyone still writing? What is the ONE thing I can do today to myself successful at my goal?

Motivation: I think I can COULD!

Quilting? I just finished the premie baby quilt top and my machine locked up. Gave me the error code that thread was tangled in the motor...I'm gonna try to fix this. Wish me luck!
WAYWO?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:26 AM

Official WW weigh in - down another 3 pounds. June total is now at 3.8 pounds that are gone. (total for the year: 27.6 pounds)

I got my 25 pound WW charm today; I'm so excited. :)
Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Xylie,
you are doing great on your weight loss! Keep it up!

Missy,
I do hope that you will take a leeetle detour east and south to visit me...on your way home from Texas??
I used to live in East Plano, and worked in Richardson. I loved the DFW area.

Jeanne,
How did you do today?

I have a huge headache today, even hurts to squint my eyes...going to bed in about 10 minutes in hopes to sleep it off.
MJ: I talked to my mom and we would love to detour to your area! Let me know more about where you live and I will see a little closer to the time when we will be in your area! So excited to give you a big hug!!

Missy
Old 06-20-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
missy i miss dallas so much, but i suspect it was the dallas of 10 yrs ago, and not the 2011 dallas!lol-- i might be in texas--the colony-- the third to last week in july. i'm waiting for my grandaughter to be born! she's due on aug. 4th, but expected early. i'll pm my husband's cell number on the off chance we can meet.
early congratulations on your maybe engagement! pretty exciting stuff! what a goal that will be!
Oh Nancia Dallas is so different from when I left Texas in 94. Gosh it is so hot there and I call it a concrete jungle now. There are so many people and cars and buildings. UGH! So, we are bringing my nephews to my dad's house and getting the heck out of there. Too hot! We will be spending time in east Texas where my mom's family is from and then heading towards MJ and then to Tennessee to see my brother and back to South Dakota. Long trip but fun nonetheless.

Missy
Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning! Thank goodness I slept well last night and the headache disappeared!

Jeanne, we are your friends. Don't give up! I do the medication jitterbug often because of my multiple organ failures, etc. The one thing I have learned is never give up!

For a long time, I had under my avatar: Adapt! Improvise! Overcome! the motto of the marines, but it worked well for me.

Missy, congratulations on your (almost) engagement! I am so thrilled for you!

Leanne, I hate Windows 7. I use Mozilla Chrome and am much happier with it. I'm still trying to learn the details of Word 2010, a challenge, to be sure.

Nancia, congratulations! I am happy for you! Losing 5 pounds is wonderful!

Xylie, where are you this morning? I miss you.

Journal: anyone still writing? What is the ONE thing I can do today to myself successful at my goal?

Motivation: I think I can COULD!

Quilting? I just finished the premie baby quilt top and my machine locked up. Gave me the error code that thread was tangled in the motor...I'm gonna try to fix this. Wish me luck!
WAYWO?
OH THANK YOU THANK YOU! I am nervous and excited at the same time. Oh wow. If she pops the question I promise I will tell you guys!!!

Missy