Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 AM

I am heading for the sewing machine. I really am. Had a great workout this morning. Dunno where all that stamina came from. Scale is down again this morning. Downer about this meal plan I am on - not much fiber. I am back on cycle 1 so no starchy carbs for 17 days. No musical fruit. Metamucil maybe?

Have a blessed day. We have an almost chance of rain. Please God, let it rain.

edited to add: Oh yeah, I AM LOSING!

Go US!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM

LeAnn I do think that is the hiway it is off of. It is very pretty there but I always missed my Colorado!

Missy I am going to get your fq out soon I promise! Life has been crazy this month!

Ok I have a question...or maybe I just want to whine but how come it takes forever to lose a pound but eat a normal meal or have something extra and you gain 2 pounds overnight! :shock: We went out to dinner for fathers day and also out to breakfast that morning, I know I ate more calories than I needed but I didn't over do either and BAM! up 2 pounds on Monday and still up 1.5 today. It is just not fair! Ok enough whine out of me!LOL ;)
Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 PM

well, today was a total waste! i had to have a test done at the hospital so couldn't have anything to eat or drink since 6 a.m. and for once i went to sleep before then , lol! so my first meal today was at 11:30 p.m., after i had napped to get rid of the rotten headache the test had given me. needless to say (but i'll say it anyway) i didn't get my 8 cups of water. add insult to injury, the dr. said i was a little dehydrated and needed to drink more! sheesh! turns out i have a little high blood pressure and when i stand up it drops by 20-30 points making me feel like i'm going to pass out, but it doesn't happen right away, it's after i've walked 5 or six steps. but they can't give me anything for the hi blood pressure because of the low blood pressure and vice versa. so i'm supposed to sit on my bed 5 minutes before standing. not doable. i'm too old and too young to be wetting my bed, LOL! so i guess that means i just put up with it and always head for a wall. chair or person when i feel like fainting, just in case. stupid!!(shaking head in disgust!)
oh, yeah.. i am losing, but i don't know how or how much, but I AM )(^&(( LOSING! more frustration than anger.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:53 AM

Did better yesterday. Hubby didn't work and we quilted all morning. Went out to lunch and had 1/2 of a fish sandwhich. Didn't exercise but didn't go over my calorie limit either.

I'm going to try to get up enough energy and spirit to go to water aerobics today. Hope to quilt some to, we'll see.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement over the last week. God Bless you all you are true friends.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 AM

Good morning, all!
Yesterday was the blasted curse of the threes.
1. My mother's best friend and cousin fell and broke her hip. She is 80.
2. My dh's limping computer died. Hard drive failure.
3. My fav sewing machine, my big brother CS9000 had a motor lock up and now won't sew at all. I took out my little brother (project runway) and kept on sewing, but I am soooo sad.

Enough of my tears!
Thought for journal: bumps in the road can be unexpected blessings. Think about a bump that turned out to be good, though not anticipated. Apply it to your goals. How does it fit?

Motivation: Only 8 days left in the month, and now we are counting down the days until winter...What is your goal today? What will you accomplish?

Quilting: What are you working on? Is it time to start sewing for Christmas? or are you still working on last Christmas?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 AM

Good morning all
Have a dr. appt today just a check up but still a whole day away from home so eating will be a little harder and I won't be drinking my water the way I should. The good news is I feel good so ever onward and down the scales. I am losing! We are losing! Good luck to all we'er on the down hill run to the end of the month. Gotta go long ride ahead.
Gail
Old 06-22-2011, 01:45 PM

Hi everyone! We had rain all morning! It put out one big forest fire west of us. 1500 families had to evacuate. We have not had the A/C on all day.

My Synvisc has arrived from Canada and I've had my appt moved up to this Friday. I was blessed to walk in the rain, my shorter route that produced my best pace to date.

Only got 2 pairs of strips done on my bargello. MJ, that is the Christmas gift I am working on. I want it to serve as Christmas/Graduation. Gonna have to get serious if I want the top finished this month.

We are quiet today.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 PM

Boy it is quiet on here lately, where is everyone?

So far today has been a good one. I am back on track with my eating so MAYBE the scale will go down again.

Missy, when is your first weigh in? I'm keeping good thoughts and prayers for you that it will exceed what you are hoping for.:)
Old 06-22-2011, 03:30 PM

Oooh, I want to do this in July! if you do it again!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 PM

just a quick note to check in. today is only a little better than yesterday, but better is good no matter how much! i somehow threw my back out. major pain from waist down. fortunately, i have a hospital bed in the family room (don't ask)so i'm stuck here for today. at least i've got the big screen tv. on the positive side, i'm trying to get all my water and food in. dh is making dinner. yum. he is asking now before he buys or makes dinner so he's willing to help if i'll tell him how. he is a definite good guy.
i am losing, how much does a mind weigh? jk, sort of.