Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:45 PM

Well I know I've gained weight but not sure how much. Know exactly what I did in order to have a gain instead of a loss!

My younger sisters and I have been trying ot come up with ways to help each other out, which can be a challenge since I live in IL, one lives in ID and the other lives in WY. Since we all have a wii and can communicate over the net, we've decided to challenge each other to see who can get the best score on the wii fit plus games! Can't wait to see who does what and who wins!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:30 PM

Nancia was so kind to send me a pm and enquire about my absence here. I followed the thread for a while, but frankly, I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of messages posted and didn't have the time to follow them. Weight-loss - wise I'm doing fine, not too good but not too bad. Considering how much some people lost last month, I'm far away from winning anything. But that's not the main point, is it? I'm off to my three days sports weekend tomorrow, maybe this will give me another boost.

Anyway, I'm way fitter than at the beginning of the month, even if not that much more lightweight. But I am slimmer. The problem with my kind of "weight-loss" is, that actually you get slimmer faster than is mirrored by weight-loss. Muscles weigh more than fat but are less voluminous. So with my sports program I do loose fat but I gain muscles. Which overall is perfect, just not when you look at your scales. But this might be important for other people here who do loads of sports. Measure yourself in tight-fitting trousers and you might be amazed to notice how much looser they fit after a while without you having lost any weight. So keep this in mind and measure yourself both ways.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 AM

Good morning!
Thusnelda, so glad to see you post. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Missy! Where are you? How was your weigh in?

Is anyone journaling? I don't want to clutter the thread if this is not effective or needed?

Motivation for today: I KNOW I CAN! I know I can lose weight and be healthy!

What is your new strategy for today? Shake things up a bit! Do one thing different, then tell us about it.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning!
I don't want to clutter the thread if this is not effective or needed?
Thank you purplemem, I will.

I hope your second remark is not in response to me saying that I was overwhelmed by the speed in which this thread grew. I didn't mean to imply that people were writing too much - this is after all what this topic is for - but simply that I was too busy/lazy/preoccupied with other things to read through everything. Actually I think it commendable how much people post and share here.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
Good morning!
I don't want to clutter the thread if this is not effective or needed?
Thank you purplemem, I will.

I hope your second remark is not in response to me saying that I was overwhelmed by the speed in which this thread grew. I didn't mean to imply that people were writing too much - this is after all what this topic is for - but simply that I was too busy/lazy/preoccupied with other things to read through everything. Actually I think it commendable how much people post and share here.
No, my journal question was to see if anyone is using this tool.
If not, my energy could be better spent elsewhere and I will talk about other stuff.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:31 AM

Good Morning all, I wish everyone a great successful day today. I am off for a mamogram and ultrasound of the breast and then a CT of the neck.

Hoping to get some quilting done, butI have to clean up my sewing area and cutting table.

MJ, I love seeing your journal thoughts, I think about what you share with us but I dont write them down. I know that I need to write down my thoughts and how my day went. I really hope to get there I know that this is a useful tool.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 AM

Fourpaws,
thank you for answering. I do the same thing. Some days I just write down the questions and go back to it.
I'm still hung up on the anger one, I had no idea I had so much pent up anger...It was like opening Pandora's box...but I still stuff it closed when it stings too much.

Interesting though, since I've started writing I don't stuff food any where near as much.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 AM

MJ - I bought a new journal but am finding it difficult to put my feelings down on paper where someone might see them. Your journal and motivation helps me though, I've written every single one down to keep them so I can go through them over & over.

Woke up with a migrain and it's still hanging on. Wanted to finish 2 quilt blocks today but don't know if I can.

Went swimming yesterday and walked some this morning. I'm hoping I'll be better later on.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
MJ - I bought a new journal but am finding it difficult to put my feelings down on paper where someone might see them. Your journal and motivation helps me though, I've written every single one down to keep them so I can go through them over & over.

Woke up with a migrain and it's still hanging on. Wanted to finish 2 quilt blocks today but don't know if I can.

Went swimming yesterday and walked some this morning. I'm hoping I'll be better later on.
Jeanne,
How about finding an online diary with a password?
http://www.my-diary.org/

this site will let you lock your responses.

I'm sorry about the migraine, are you able to take a cool nap?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm

I like the idea of having a secured diary. It would be something to consider if I had to worry about if I didnt live alone.

It is amazing how writing things down keep us from putting food in our mouths. I am trying to write more, any kind of writing it is also said to help with depression.

Keep up the good work
Jeanne,
How about finding an online diary with a password?
http://www.my-diary.org/

this site will let you lock your responses.

I'm sorry about the migraine, are you able to take a cool nap?