Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:43 AM

Morning, all. I had to get up early this morning. My tutoring student is a morning person and I'm not, but this way he gets tutoring out of the way and he's ready for the rest of the day.

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I had not so good news at the doctor a week ago Friday. Nothing fatal, just the back again. Now I've stopped pouting and can resume life as it is.

I've been in contact with MJ. She is having more health issues and wants us to keep up our progress. I prefer not to talk about other people's health problems, so it's enough to say that she has treatable problems that are being cared for. What we can do is pray that her body recovers quickly. Those of us who are so inclined can pray for each other - both physical and mental problems. I won't make a list so I won't forget anyone.

The sun is finally shining. I need to work on my granddaughter's wedding quilt, but the patio is a mess, so it's outside first with a reward of sewing. Oh, and a nap. The carbon monoxide detector decided to act up just as I was going to bed at 2:00. Not something to ignore, so it was 3:00 before I got there. Apparently I need to go buy a 9V battery today though I question how much I need a CO detector in the Summer.

What's for breakfast? I think I'll have some watermelon now and eggs in 30 minutes. Can't screw up the stomach acid eating sugar and protein together.

Xylie, what are you using to get electrolytes? It sounds like you have an imbalance of potassium and magnesium if you've just started muscle spasms and cramps. Salt deficiency can do it, too. I hate those muscle cramps.

Lynne, my daughter has had those injections. She had six good months with them. I wish the same for you.

I AM losing weight. Judy
Old 06-29-2011, 08:05 AM

You guys make my eyes tear. (No, I am not crying. I repeat I am not crying) Thanks for the love
Old 06-29-2011, 03:57 PM

Good evening. What's for dinner? I keep changing my mind. Oh, wait a minute. I have leftover sweet and sour chicken. I guess that's for dinner so I'll put the can sitting in front me back in the cupboard. Worked on the quilt. Not liking the black background so far, but I'm committed so black it is.

I am very apprehensive about weighing tomorrow morning. My goal wasn't five pounds, but two. I really want to make it. Yesterday, yes, today, no. I'd think I'd be better off if I could get past daily weigh ins, but it's not for me. I wish us all negative numbers and if they're not, then the ability to see July 1st as a new opportunity to change what needs to be changed.

I AM losing weight.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:58 PM

i hope everyone is starting to feel better and will continue to improve! love and hugs to you all!

irishrose, i don't know how you do daily weigh-ins! i can change weight by 4 lbs easily in a day! i try to weigh myself once a week (ok, sometimes twice), before i eat or drink anything, right before my shower. i figure my dirt weighs less than the water so that's a good time to do it. you know everyone complains about water weight, why take chances?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 PM

I can change 3 pounds in a day. What if I weighed myself once a week and it was a heavy day? I wouldn't know. I've been weighing myself everyday for so long it doesn't effect me. It actually works for me. What doesn't work is buying ice cream. Too much of that going on lately.

Things have been quiet here lately. I can't complain because I didn't post for over a week.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM

my son left the avocado ice cream here--something about trying to carry it on a 2hr. train ride in summer--who can understand kids these days? anyway, my dh doesn't care for it so you know who is going to have to get rid of it, and the easiest way? eat it. so..... july may start out heavy. but I AM LOSING WEIGHT!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm an enabler - eat it after you weigh in tomorrow morning. Avocado is healthy fat, right?? :wink:
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 PM

It's June 30 in most of the country. As MJ is not feeling well, she asked that you PM me with your loss numbers. I will announce the winner as soon as it's feasible. I want to give everyone a chance to respond, especially with a temporary change. Those of us who don't win will PM the winner for her snail mail address and send her a FQ. This month was white on white or cream or neutrals. Of course, anything is acceptable.

I will post the July sign up later today. Quick - any ideas for FQ patterns? Summer flowers?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:18 AM

Hey everyone! I just need to whine today. I'm on disability - mostly for psych problems. I have several, some can be helped by medication some not. I've been in therapy for 25 years. This has been a horrible week for me. I battled migrain for the last seven days and still have a residual headache left which ibuprofen helps. I made an appt with a chiropracter hoping he can help. My stomach's been acting up, don't know if it's from the pain in my head or my gastroparesis. Then to top everything off a spot turned up on my are that looks like it's something the doc might want a biopsey of but I can't get into see him for three weeks. I've gained 3 pounds although that might be water weight. My regular weigh in day is Friday but out of a whim I weighed this morning. Hope it's gone tomorrow.
I'm sorry MJ is feeling poorly, my prayers are with her. How about a patriotic FQ for July? Well I better go I think I've whined enough. I hope you guys won't get sick of me. I just have to try and pull myself together. I was supposed to see my therapist yesterday but she had a medical emergency and had to cancel. I can't get into see here untill the thirteeth so I'm trying to tough things out alone. DH is having problems with a tooth and is in alot of pain - he's going to try and get into the dentist today so I don't want to burden him with my problems. Maybe I'll post again later. Bye.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:08 AM

OK, so is this where you report your weight loss for June, 2011? If so, my loss is a meager 7 lbs., if not, could some direct me to the page to repost it and who to sent the fat quarter to? Thanks, Over and Out