Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 AM

i have a question. does it always boil down to just a few who chat? i would hate to think that others don't 'want to interrupt' or feel pushed off the thread because of those of us who chat frequently. this is my first time on this thread and i'm just curious what normal is. comments?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 AM

I go through bouts of depression when it is very hard for me to vocalize either written or verbal. So I just read everyone's posts and get my support that way. Right now I am in one of my depressions so I don't post much.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Hello, unable to catch up on posts, just wanted to update. Dr says I am on track with my knees. Swelling should be gone in a week. I am living on Vicodin. My wonderful hubby is taking care of all of us.

I pray you are all well and staying out of this terrible heat.

Later.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:08 PM

Hi all
naancia, we welcome all o post as much or as little as they want it's just that some don't have the time or have other issues that keep them from posting but all are welcome as often as they like.
scrapngmom sure hope you feel better real soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Well I weighed in today and lost the half pound I had gained so I'm still at 7# for this month so I will get my FQ ready for the June winner...wonder who it will be?
It's getting to hot to walk unless I get up early and do it but that means I need to get to bed early and I get a lot of my quilting done at night when the house is quite.
Got to get of here and get some groceries in for the next few days
Stay strong only a couple more days and we will have a winner
I AM LOSING!
Gail
Old 06-28-2011, 05:29 PM

Well I've gained weight 3.5 lbs to be exact. The sad part is I know exactly why I did. I've been stressing about school, money, and bills. When I get stressed over things that I think my husband and I might fight about I eat! That and we've had visitors which always seems to throw me off my game!

Got my head back on straight and I'm not going to let stress cause me to slide backwards again!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM

i have to tell you what i had at dinner that was totally off program. our son came in from nyc to visit, and when he does he likes to cook. wouldn't you know he'd be a wonderful adventurous cook! he made....(drum roll, please) avocado ice cream!! i kid you not! now, how can you say "no" to that? and dang, it is good!!dh was not blown away, but i love it. it has a creamy hint of lemon. mmmm. so i may have blown my chances for a sudden win! would you have tried it? what's the weirdest or oddest thing you've ever been offered? and did you eat any?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 AM

Well the first thing that pops into my head is fried icecream, which I love, but the oddest thing would have to be rocky mountain oysters! I've had them and they aren't bad IF, and I mean a big IF here, they are cooked right.

I weighed in this morning at my real time at it said I had lost 2.9 lbs since Monday! doing good I know part of that is probably due to weight flucuations during the day but I'll take what I can get!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Well the first thing that pops into my head is fried icecream, which I love, but the oddest thing would have to be rocky mountain oysters! I've had them and they aren't bad IF, and I mean a big IF here, they are cooked right.

I weighed in this morning at my real time at it said I had lost 2.9 lbs since Monday! doing good I know part of that is probably due to weight flucuations during the day but I'll take what I can get!
Fried ice cream is awesome! In our home we are lovers of all things SPAM. So, we eat it fried, cubed in salads, and grated with mayo, relish and onions as a spread (like tuna). YUMM-O! I so love this question. I am now officially out of the closet as a SPAM lover.

Missy
Old 06-29-2011, 05:30 AM

I have been popping in and reading the posts, I am very proud of you ladies and me too! But I can truly say that you all have been inspiring and encouraging to each other. Losing weight is not for sissys, a lot of ups and downs are part of the process. My heart goes out to those who are depressed for whatever reason, just remember everyone here is working for the same goal and if ever the need to talk *written word in chat room or emails or pms* someone is here to listen. Keep smiling and know in your heart and soul you are important and that God loves you. :) Blessings to each of you.

Sharon
Old 06-29-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
I have been popping in and reading the posts, I am very proud of you ladies and me too! But I can truly say that you all have been inspiring and encouraging to each other. Losing weight is not for sissys, a lot of ups and downs are part of the process. My heart goes out to those who are depressed for whatever reason, just remember everyone here is working for the same goal and if ever the need to talk *written word in chat room or emails or pms* someone is here to listen. Keep smiling and know in your heart and soul you are important and that God loves you. :) Blessings to each of you.

Sharon
Oh Sharon that is so very sweet! I feel like you do that I am here for ANYONE that needs a soft place to land. Over these many months that I have been participating in this challenge I have come to love you guys and would do all that I can to help you. As Sharon said...I also wish nothing but blessings for all on this challenge.

Missy