Just venting....

Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM

yeah, tell her what slot to insert it in, lol!!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 PM

I don't think I would sell anything expensive on ebay. I have been burnt too many times. Their ebay guarantee is that they take away the offending party's ebay privileges (and I'm sure they just get a different account).
Old 03-24-2011, 02:32 PM

I'd just tell her that the machine is being sold "as is" and that any further upgrades are the full responsibility of the buyer. Period. What doesn't make sense is that a USB port will take a cord or a memory stick...they do the same thing! With a cord you get direct transfer from PC to machine and with memory stick you copy to the memory stick and then copy to the machine once the stick is inserted into the machine. Crazy!!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qwkslver
I don't think I would sell anything expensive on ebay. I have been burnt too many times. Their ebay guarantee is that they take away the offending party's ebay privileges (and I'm sure they just get a different account).
I haven't really had any issues - this is the first time I am selling something this pricey - but if they don't pay then I just relist and I'm not out anything. I have it on craigslist as a back up. The way I see it is - you don't ship till you get paid - and they have to pay through paypal and I have protection from them if they try and stop the payment. We'll see how it goes - there has been some interest but no one has bid yet - which is frustrating answering questions all day - I priced it below what others of the same make and model were going for and threw in all the hoops - but that is an ebay chance you take.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM

obviously she just wants something for nothing I don't even bother replying to people like this
Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 PM

I sell a little on eBay. Never got an email quite like this one, but have gotten some crazy onwes.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM

Be sure to block this person so they can't bid. She sounds like she would try to hit you for a partial refund AFTER the sale.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rose L
I'd just tell her that the machine is being sold "as is" and that any further upgrades are the full responsibility of the buyer. Period. What doesn't make sense is that a USB port will take a cord or a memory stick...they do the same thing! With a cord you get direct transfer from PC to machine and with memory stick you copy to the memory stick and then copy to the machine once the stick is inserted into the machine. Crazy!!
Ok see that is what I thought - I but she is adament that you can't do that...I'm waiting for the kids to get home so I can try one of their memory sticks....
Old 03-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Not sure if you can do this with ebay, but maybe you can state "price is firm" to prevent haggling. Other than that...great line from a great Aussie movie "Tell her she's dreaming".
Old 03-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Be sure to block this person so they can't bid. She sounds like she would try to hit you for a partial refund AFTER the sale.
I hate to be paranoid but that isn't a bad idea...I already had one crazy person this week - he won a soccer jersey for a 1.50 but wanted to shipped somewhere else - I told him to add the name and address on paypal and I would do it - then I got all kinds of nasty emails and negative feedback accussing me of keeping his $1.50 and not sending the jersey - got it handled through ebay but it was weird - I don't need this with an expensive machine!