Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kids and toilet paper pranks >

kids and toilet paper pranks

kids and toilet paper pranks

Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 AM

We woke up one morning to being Flamingoed! A sea of pink yard flamingos spaced about two feet apart. Where did they get all of them? This is alot better than getting TP'd. Have had to clean up toilet papered yard after it rained during the night....not a happy Mom and Dad that day.
D in TX
Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 AM

I may upset some of you, but I have three daughters and when they were in high school we got tp ed about every three to four week. We have big trees, lots of bushes. This is a pain the tp'ers would step on our lighting outside, break them trample flower beds, I found out that tp'ing is a a crime according to our local police department it is a trespassing and most of the time the tp'ers are also are breaking curfew. I did not enjoy picking up tp every time and trying to get it out of the trees. No I did not call the police! But, I don't consider it harmless, when you are on the receiving end and I did not allow my daughters to be a part of this
I taught them to respect other peoples property. This is my take on this activity
being on the receiving end.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:49 AM

Seems the rolls come out around here during football season. Years ago we had our front yard entirely TP'd. We laughed a little until we found out why. Appears it wasn't a 'jock' thing with our son. He had a so-called friend that was upset because my son became friends with a couple of girls he had his eye on. High School stuff for sure. We ended up getting our cars egged, a headless rabbit was found in the middle of our driveway, and our mailbox was duct taped shut. Silly stuff but depends on why it is happening. They became very good friends after much teenage issues back and forth between them. Today, they are both very successful men with families. We laugh a lot harder now about it. But only a little as we too were not happy picking it out of our silver maple trees that cover our yard. Neighbors weren't happy either as it ended in their yard too.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
There's a "prank" they do now that's actually a fundraiser. You pay $10 or $15 to the football team (or whatever the group is) and they go to an address you specify and stick 50 or 60 pink flamingos in the yard. They come back 2 or 3 days later, retrieve the flamingos, and ask THAT homeowner if there's someone they want to prank for a fee, and on it goes. It's pretty funny!
and there are youth groups around here that will allow you to ransom your lawn from the flamingoes if you pay them a little more to NOT put the birds on it!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
mim

you don't want it to rain before you get it down. Disaster!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:33 AM

It is usually girls doing it to a cute guy's house. I just hate when they write junk on the windshield.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
There's a "prank" they do now that's actually a fundraiser. You pay $10 or $15 to the football team (or whatever the group is) and they go to an address you specify and stick 50 or 60 pink flamingos in the yard. They come back 2 or 3 days later, retrieve the flamingos, and ask THAT homeowner if there's someone they want to prank for a fee, and on it goes. It's pretty funny!
Our "Relay for Life" team does this. We have been "Flamingoed" and have sent the Flamingo's off to another friend's house. It raises money for cancer research!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Some of the kids at school sell insurance to teachers, etc so if they get TP'd they will clean it up.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:32 AM

over 40 yrs ago -tried tping-once.-there's an art to it - we couldn't get it over trees/ phone lines, nothing-- we laughed ourselves silly at how inept we were! NEVER wasted TP again! I agree, its harmless & people usually show to help clean up!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 AM

When I was a kid we had a whole school class who decorated the town just befor Halloween. Everyone thought it was funny (will maybe some older people didn't) but the rain came a few days later and washed it all way.
When my son was a senior in high school he had a shop class. The teacher was very good. The kids learned to take a car apart and put it back together again. You got it! thats just what they did. Only they decided to take it to the roof of the school and then put it together. Imagian everyones supprise in the am when they came to school . After pictures it was taken apart and taken down. No harm done. Good teacher and great bunch of kids.