Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kids and toilet paper pranks >

kids and toilet paper pranks

kids and toilet paper pranks

Old 08-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

I agree. We had kids a couple of months ago ringing the door bell as a prank. My DH hid behind the door and waited for them. Just as they rang the bell he flung open the door and scared the begeebers out of them, the kid fell off the porch laughing along with my DH. Then they came back and wanted him to scare them again. It was all in good clean -no harm- fun!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
There's a "prank" they do now that's actually a fundraiser. You pay $10 or $15 to the football team (or whatever the group is) and they go to an address you specify and stick 50 or 60 pink flamingos in the yard. They come back 2 or 3 days later, retrieve the flamingos, and ask THAT homeowner if there's someone they want to prank for a fee, and on it goes. It's pretty funny!
In our area that was called getting flocked. Your contribution gets someone flocked for 3-5 days. (The more you pay, the longer the pink flamingo flock stays on their yard.) If you are the one flocked, and don't want the flock there, you can pay to have them removed sooner. I haven't seen it in a while - I guess the price of pink poultry has become secondary to the price of gas. Not a prank, but on my summer travels I noticed a lot of pig kissing campaigns as fund raisers. All the group needs to do is borrow a pig and a tutu and someone will donate the lipstick for the pig. Hysterical!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:01 PM

I have tp'd... been tp'd... never forked or tortillia'd. My friend had a for sale sign put in her yard. We knew who did it... harmless fun. Ya gotta laugh at it... and with it.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
He had a so-called friend that was upset because my son became friends with a couple of girls he had his eye on. High School stuff for sure. We ended up getting our cars egged, a headless rabbit was found in the middle of our driveway, and our mailbox was duct taped shut.
OK... the headless rabbit thing could be a dog... When we had our farm and they would catch rabbits the first thing gone was the head. Not so appealing and I don't know why but it is a dog thing.

Now, the mailbox is funny.

Our cousin was upset many years ago with the mailman so he trapped a wild cat and put it in the mailbox. Boy did he get whooped for that one.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM

I remember that so well!!!!!! We had three Football Homecomings and three toilet paperings. It is a fun time for the kids doing it and thay talk about for years after. It cerainly isn't a TERRIBLE stunt!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Wagoza
Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
He had a so-called friend that was upset because my son became friends with a couple of girls he had his eye on. High School stuff for sure. We ended up getting our cars egged, a headless rabbit was found in the middle of our driveway, and our mailbox was duct taped shut.
OK... the headless rabbit thing could be a dog... When we had our farm and they would catch rabbits the first thing gone was the head. Not so appealing and I don't know why but it is a dog thing.

Now, the mailbox is funny.

Our cousin was upset many years ago with the mailman so he trapped a wild cat and put it in the mailbox. Boy did he get whooped for that one.
My DD stuffed the cat in the mail box and was very upset when the mail man yelled at her.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:50 PM

we've been TPd several times. we didn't know if it was we were liked or if we were not. I guess it's because they liked us?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM

Oh, yes, this has happened to us, too. A couple years ago the kids put shredded paper all over our yard!!! And one year one of my son's friends wrapped my son's car in Saran wrap!
I didn't like the shredded paper. Also, one stinker shot at the house with a paint ball gun!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
Originally Posted by mom-6
I wish my neighbor years ago had the same opinion as you lovely people! She was absolutely horrified and called me at work to demand that I get all that unsightly stuff taken care of immediately as it was a disgrace to the neighborhood.
Never mind that it happened on Sunday night and we all had either work or school on Monday! We took care of it Monday evening, but she was a real grump about it and seemed to think it was somehow our fault for 'allowing' it to happen at all.
You've gotta be kidding??? She called you at work?
work?! I would have called the police and let them call you at work! I dont see the "cute" in allowing kids to do this - mainly 'cus the "pranks" just get worse the older they get. It just shows no respect. Right now, older kids w/ cells are making flash calls (where they gather together in a mob, hit, and break up and disappear) in philly, pa and beating people on the streets up at random - real cute prank there.

the first week after I moved here, I went and bought a 35$ redwood post, real pretty mailbox, brass street numbers and dug the post hole myself for my brand new mailbox and 2 days later kids went by and beat it down w/ baseball bats! 2 days. (the box was at the road 1/4 mile from the house)so much for southern hospitality. I went to the PO that afternoon and got a PO box and havent spoken to (most of- one neighbor and his brother way down the road come over, very nice guys) the neighbors for 17 yrs now and dont intend to. No one came forward, no one came to fix or help or anything. Just someones kids in a pickup riding the roads having "fun".
Old 08-15-2011, 05:01 PM

the house across the street from us was covered with post-it notes last Friday. That was a really funny sight!