Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kids and toilet paper pranks >

kids and toilet paper pranks

kids and toilet paper pranks

Old 08-15-2011, 05:01 PM

I was always so jealous when others got TP'd in high school! It only happened to the "cool" kids... Someone thinks a lot of one of your children!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by arimuse
work?! I would have called the police and let them call you at work! I dont see the "cute" in allowing kids to do this - mainly 'cus the "pranks" just get worse the older they get. It just shows no respect. Right now, older kids w/ cells are making flash calls (where they gather together in a mob, hit, and break up and disappear) in philly, pa and beating people on the streets up at random - real cute prank there.

the first week after I moved here, I went and bought a 35$ redwood post, real pretty mailbox, brass street numbers and dug the post hole myself for my brand new mailbox and 2 days later kids went by and beat it down w/ baseball bats! 2 days. (the box was at the road 1/4 mile from the house)so much for southern hospitality. I went to the PO that afternoon and got a PO box and havent spoken to (most of- one neighbor and his brother way down the road come over, very nice guys) the neighbors for 17 yrs now and dont intend to. No one came forward, no one came to fix or help or anything. Just someones kids in a pickup riding the roads having "fun".
Destroying property is on a different level than toilet-papering a house. And I don't think ANYONE here thinks that destructive flash mobs are a "prank" - they're crimes. The flash mobs that spontaneously break into song or dance are quite uplifting.

I'm very sorry you did not take the opportunity to introduce yourself to your neighbors all those years ago and ask if they knew who hit your mailbox. You could have started some wonderful friendships with your neighbors. I doubt it was any of them - the teenage punks who do stuff like that are usually driving around in cars when they do it, and they go to areas where their cars are not recognized.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:25 PM

My grandkids "egged" our house one Easter. They put about 50 colored plastic Easter eggs all around our front yard. It was really cute, and they were proud of themselves. Another time they "wrapped" our yard, by putting tp on our front fence and shrubs. It wasn't a mess, and they came over and cleaned it up after we got up and saw it. All fond memories... it's fun being a kid!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:14 PM

This wasn't tp'ing but last Winter when my snowbird parents were in SC- my sister (47yrs old), brother (39 yrs old), and I (41 yrs young;) had to go to their home for something....well while we were there we thought wouldn't it be funny to pull a prank on Mom & Dad for when they got home.....So we decided to short sheet their bed. The funniest part of it was my sister, brother and I standing around the bed trying to figure out how to do it....and trying not to wet our pants from laughing so hard about it!! We had a lot of laughs over that!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:14 PM

I used to drive school bus and we could bring them home in our own yard if we had space. One night my friend had a birthday party while she was entertaining I went in her bus and papered the whole bus inside with toilet paper ( the cheap stuff. She didn't know till she got on her bus the next morning to go get her kids....she came over the radio and said someone papered her bus we were laughing so hard she didn't know it was me till I told her later that day when our run was done. She never did get me back....All in funny and no one got hurt...
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
There's a "prank" they do now that's actually a fundraiser. You pay $10 or $15 to the football team (or whatever the group is) and they go to an address you specify and stick 50 or 60 pink flamingos in the yard. They come back 2 or 3 days later, retrieve the flamingos, and ask THAT homeowner if there's someone they want to prank for a fee, and on it goes. It's pretty funny!
A church youth group has done this here as a fund raiser. Great idea and so enjoyable.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 PM

I woke up on my 50th birthday to find a huge banner strung across the outside of our front fence stating "Martha Stewart's Older Sister Lives Here".
Old 08-16-2011, 01:30 AM

Most times it's pretty harmless, but one time we were
TPed with over 60 rolls of paper (they left the paper rolls and plastic so we could count them). They threw it so high in our trees that we couldn't get it down. It was a horrible site for many, many weeks. I wish they had come over the next day and cleaned it up for us!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 AM

we were tp on a Halloween evening -the kids did it as a mean prank toward our son( they didn't like him) my DH laughed and said leave it and don't say anything -that will tic them off more than anything. We live out in the boonies so no one really cared about all the tp hanging in the trees -least of all us.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:57 AM

my neighbor had that happen to his mailbox- the next day he bought one of those all inclusive mailboxes-filled inside the plastic lining with cement and said I hope they try that again, they,ll get a big surprise this time.