Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kindle Fire on sale til February 13th.

Kindle Fire is a tablet. No fees. It may come with free trail of Prime or Kindle Unlimited and you cancel those if you don't want it after the trail. And those aren't automatic. You will be asked if you want to continue. All you need is an Amazon account to register it. For a gift buy it unregistered, to do this select this is a gift when checking out.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Looks like some of you got a better deal than I did. Gave $59. Love it but battery sure runs down quick. Can anyone help me? I download free books from Amazon. How do I remove from the device? On my old Kindle it was simple.... thanks.....
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

From ad it appears reg price is 49.99, and available a best buy, we have one near, I think I'll take a look first

Blog Entries
    *** Did not buy one - but asked questions at the store - they are on the shelf at Best Buy.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Went to local best buy(3 towns away) and bought one......
    asked a few questions, clerk was clueless...good thing I knew the answers to my own questions!

There are apps that let you print wirelessly. I have a Samsung tablet and an iPhone and I print wirelessly from both. Additionally, there are a lot of free books you can get online. If you sign up for Book Bub, you will receive an offer every day for at least 3 books you can download or listen to as audio. Additionally, you can check out e-books and audio books from your library for free. If the library does not have it, they can "borrow" it from another library. That's what I do all the time.

There is a discussion forum for Kindles on Amazon. Every question you can think of for a Kindle has been asked and answered.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

i have an original kindle reader which i love. i bought the kindle fire on a whim because it was a crazy low price. i rarely use it. the battery drains quickly. if i am reading it in sunlight, i can't see the screen. if my original kindle reader fails, i will invest in the paper white version because a lighted screen would be a bonus.

I put my Kindle Fire to "sleep" when not actively using it. Battery lasts all day that way. Plug it in every night when I go to bed, part of my ritual like brushing my teeth. Ready to go again in the morning.

Is this the correct link? The price is $49.99 but still wonderful.

Duh, it's now February 15.

I have a Kindle for day light and reading in the sun and a paper white for night reading. Why have just one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2