Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Kindle on Ipad

Kindle on Ipad

I have been using kindle on ipad for a long while and now it has suddenly disappeared. How do I find it again? I even tried to install it again, but all it says is "details", blah and blah; no "install". I loved reading on my ipad because it had a light on it and my kindle doesn't. Guess I will have to find it and see if it still works. Thanks for any help.

I would call Amazon. Are you a Prime member?? If so, there is a special number for prime membership.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Are you sure it's gone? Icons can get accidentally moved to a different page or folder on your iPad.

Blog Entries
    Mine is still there. Same as you love reading on my iPad. It must be hidden somewhere keep looking and contact Amazon.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    I have been using kindle on ipad for a long while and now it has suddenly disappeared. How do I find it again? I even tried to install it again, but all it says is "details", blah and blah; no "install". I loved reading on my ipad because it had a light on it and my kindle doesn't. Guess I will have to find it and see if it still works. Thanks for any help.
    Just place your finger on your home page, about 1/4 down on an open spot and swipe down. You will get a grey page with a search box. Type kindle and if it still on your I pad it will appease. Just like magic...sylvi

Still can't find it. I just don't understand what happened to it. I'll get in contact with support. Thanks for help.

Blog Entries
    Here's a link that might help. The app can't just disappear...it has to be somewhere. Good luck!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4306526?tstart=0

I can't help you but have a question of my own. I didn't know you could put Kindle on your I-pad. Can you do this free of charge and download books as you do on your kindle or do you have to pay so much a month for it? I have the free download and free read on my Kindle, but would love to have it on my I-pad as well since it is so much easier reading. Anyone know how to get it or what it requires? I need baby steps here, not generalities.

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by themachinelady View Post
    I can't help you but have a question of my own. I didn't know you could put Kindle on your I-pad. Can you do this free of charge and download books as you do on your kindle or do you have to pay so much a month for it? I have the free download and free read on my Kindle, but would love to have it on my I-pad as well since it is so much easier reading. Anyone know how to get it or what it requires? I need baby steps here, not generalities.
    I didn't know about this either. Would love to have books to read on our I-pad. Do tell us how....please.

Blog Entries
    For the iPad, go to the App Store and download the free Kindle app. I think all you have to do is sign into your Amazon account on the iPad kindle app to get linked. there is no monthly charge for kindle; I downloaded kindle on my desktop long before I got my iPad. There are various ways to get free books as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Edit: For baby steps, go to this website which shows exactly what to do:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Download-Kindle-Books-on-an-iPad

Edit 2: Oops. I think the info on how to find free books online is in this thread:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...e-t273230.html The information there applies to all Kindle applications no matter what device you are using (desktop, Kindle, iPad).
    Last edited by Prism99; 12-14-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Did you try turning your iPad off then on again?

Thanks for all your responses. I GOT IT BACK. I did an update on I tunes and it came back; knew it was there somewhere, but couldn't figure out where. I am so happy now. Thanks again.