Kindle, Nook,E-Book

Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM

My son got the Kindle and he loves it.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 PM

I love my Kindle. I have had it for about 1 1/2 years. Last week I got the new one, not because I had to, but I wanted to. Since I have 2 Kindles, I can lend the first one to my sister and she can read all the books I have..152! I have read about 100 of them. I bought the cover with the built in booklight. I love that feature. The new one has a very big contrast between the text and the I like being able to use the text to speech feature. When I have to do something else, I can keep "reading" by switching on the text to speech feature. The voice can be set to male or female, fast or slow reading. It does not sound like a computerized voice. The older books do not all have the text to speech, but all the newer authors do provide it. Their book prices have dropped on several of the new books. With some authors, they start at a higher price and then after a few weeks the price is lowered. The new Kindle is smaller. Now I can buy a smaller purse. The nook advertises that you can loan your books to other nook users, what is not advertised is that you can lend them only once and only for 7 days. I still spend hours in Barnes and Noble, still spend a bunch there, but I would never have anything but a Kindle. I never go anywhere without my Kindle.

Elizabeth
Old 09-28-2010, 05:58 PM

I wanted the nook but my husband talked me into the Ipad and I absolutely love it. It has the apps for the apple reader, the nook and the kindle. I love, love, live my Ipad!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:03 PM

I didn't read every reply so someone may have mentioned this, if so, I'm sorry.

Check with your local library. Many are now "checking out" books for e-readers. For a small fee ($1 in this area), you can download an e-book to your reader. It will automatically delete in 30 days. Some people like this because it's cheaper than buying books you may not want to read again. The one catch to this, is your e-reader has to be compatable with the e-book service the library uses.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:04 PM

Oh, I did get the wireless Kindle. So, I can order books without wi-fi anytime and anyplace..The wireless isw 189.00.
Elizabeth
Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM

You should do a tutorial for the cover for everyone .Love yours :-D Sandymac
Old 09-29-2010, 12:19 AM

I love my NOOK. I agree with all the comments, and would like to add more: All your books are stored in your B&N account, so if your NOOK crashes, all your books aren't lost. When you try to purchase a book that you already own, you get a warning that you have already downloaded it, so you don't double-buy a book. Also, the NOOK has space for an additional drive so you can have even more books at your fingertips.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 AM

I was just talking to a man at Walmart about the Kindle because I too am interested in buying one - he advised me to hold off for a litttle while because alot of stores predicted a big upturn in the economy and it didn't happen so there is going to be alot of good sales just before Christmas - hope this helps
Old 09-29-2010, 04:11 AM

I just bought a kindle for $139 and I absolutely love it! I also bought a lighted cover. I downloaded several free books. I got the Bible for 99 cents. I turn on the sound so that it reads the Bible to me. The print I can make large. I have carpel tunnel in both hands so it doesn't make my hands ache to hold it like a book does. My friend bought a kinle when Oprah had a $50 off coupon. She absolutely loves mine and said that it has all sorts of improvements!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 AM

I am so glad someone started this thread. I've been wanting to buy an e-reader but didn't know much about them. Since I read a lot this is a very convenient way to take books along. I've gotten so much helpful information here. Now I know what to put on my Christmas list. :thumbup: