Kindle readers

Old 10-11-2011, 04:11 AM

How many of you study the Bible on your Kindle or Nook?
Are commentaries available and how do the prices compare to regular books? Are you limited to local libraries or can you download from the Library of Congress? from libraries at different universities? I know fiction is abundant for ereaders, but how about research on non-fiction subjects?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by quiltpd
I'm interested in the answers also. I've been thinking of getting one too. Thanks for bringing up the topic.
same here
Old 10-11-2011, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
How many of you study the Bible on your Kindle or Nook?
Are commentaries available and how do the prices compare to regular books? Are you limited to local libraries or can you download from the Library of Congress? from libraries at different universities? I know fiction is abundant for ereaders, but how about research on non-fiction subjects?
Our local library just started making books available and I haven't tried it yet as I have about 180 books on my 2.5 year old kindle waiting to be read

BUT - 89 y.o. MIL was given a new 3G kindle a few weeks ago and is doing FAB with it. One of her favorite things is having the Bible so she can do her study before bed :-)
She couldn't get hardback books, couldn't hold them anymore and would have to wait for paperback issues. Now she can get her fav authors right away and for MUCH less than hardcover price.

I like the looks/idea of the Fire for toting around but not really for reading. E-ink is so easy on the eyes, just like reading a paper book.

Here's a link to the top 100 paid and free so you can see some pricing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...text/154606011

NY Times bestsellers:

http://www.amazon.com/National-Bests...d_i=1286228011
Old 10-11-2011, 04:37 AM

I have the 2nd version of the Kindle and I love it. I go to amazon.com and look on the free download ebooks. I have games on there, as well as cookbooks, devotionals, novels and more.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 AM

I have a NOOK with WiFi and just love, love it! Barnes and Noble just came out with a color one that I'm wishing I could get. I've had mine for over a year and still use it everyday!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 AM

I have a Nook with color and it is great. The color is wonderful and I can download childrens books and games to entertain the GD's when out and about. Either would be a great investment but beware it spoils you with just tapping the screen instead of turning a page (LOL).
Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 AM

I love mine. I also get free e-books.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 AM

Think about saving up gor an iPad. You have kindle, internet, email and access to printing. You can jaccess hundreds of free books I iBooks. Screen is large and fonts can be made extra large. I resisted but kids chipped in and now I don't use my pc at all. Pics are fantastic large as screen and color great. I should get commission from apple but wanted to share!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:02 AM

At home I prefer to read "real" books, turning pages and everything. I do enjoy having a kindle for traveling, however, since one can have multiple books in the space/weight of one or fewer. I got it in the first place so I could have my Bible with me in Arizona and Germany without the extra weight in my luggage. I've read several other books on it as well. WiFi is an option, but I haven't used that part.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:14 AM

I got the kindle 3G in August. DH bought it for my birthday. I love it. Had he waited a little longer I would have received the kindle fire.

With the 3G you can store up to 3000 books. That's alot of reading.

Good Luck!!