Kindle readers

Old 10-11-2011, 06:45 AM
j

How much do ou pay for the books you read on it. Can you get research books?- J
Old 10-11-2011, 06:57 AM

Right now is a great time to buy - I bought too soon for my grandkids- they just cut the price by a lot - Staples has them this week for $79 for the cheapy and it is the one I paid $139 for.. it is all I need; it is WiFi - and many books on it are free - I'd never be without mine now - but debated a long time till I got one. My girlfriend got me talked into it -
Old 10-11-2011, 06:59 AM

love my kindle. wouldn't be without it. saves carrying around an armful of books when I go away.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:33 AM

I have a Kindle and love it. I can now download library books, and have found LOTS of free (or $.99) books on Amazon that I've enjoyed. I like the Kindle because I can now read in the car again. The sun doesn't fade the writing out........I also bought a light for it so I can read at night without bothering DH. Especially good in the motorhome....doesn't take up as much space as books and can read without using the batteries in the motorhome (we camp where is isn't electricity).
Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 AM

I have a kindle and it's 3G so I can get books anywhere. With wifi, you have to find a hotspot to download books. It has a small keyboard that a can type in the name of a book I'm looking for or to play games. I love it. It fits right into my purse and I can take it along with no problem.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:49 AM

I have a Kindle and just LOVE it. I have always read books but now I don't have to carry more than one with me when we travel because I have them on the Kindle. Mine has Wispernet so I can download them anywhere. I like that. I don't use the keyboard much so if I could customize one I would get the one with Wispernet and no keyboard and the ability to change the size of the font. Color is not necessary.

Hope you enjoy. I use the Kindle app on my phone and my Ipad as well as the Kindle itself.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 AM

Check with your library to see if they have free downloads and which E-READER they recomend to get the down loads with, can save you tons of $$ if you are able to use what we already pay for. :)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 AM

I got a kindle from daughters for Christmas last year and I love it. Its the 3g with wifi. I have a hard time with my eyes and the kindle is great because you can enlarge the font so its like reading a large print book. I must have bought 150 of the cheaper books since I got it and now I can download from the library so that will save a lot of money since I read so much. After you read a book you can archive it so its off your main screen and not taking up space. And it stays charged for quit a while depending on how much you read. Best gift I ever got except for the puppy they got me the year before.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 AM

You should be able ot change your font now. There should be a key next to the "home" key that says Aa. I think you can only change font size when you are on a book page and not from the homepage. Can also make other changes from this key such as typeface. line spacing, words per line, and text to speech and screen rotation. .
Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 AM

I love my Kindle. One really nice thing for my DH and I is that any book I downloan for my Kindle can also be read on our iPad, so we can both read the same book. Has been great for us when we travel and for me because I travel for work.