Kindle readers

Old 10-11-2011, 03:17 PM

I got one from my husband 2 years ago, and I love it. I have a large library, and sometimes I miss holding the actual book, but was running out of space. My has 3G capability. I don't think you would be disappointed.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 PM

the newest one is in "Color"!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:51 PM

*sigh* Use library - cost is right.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

he, he. So far that's all I've done. visit my library weekly. i read fast!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 PM

I love my Kindle, and I did not want the one with all be bells and whistles. I just wanted something where I could read my books anytime and anyplace, and that is what I got. I have been in the hospital 7 times in thelast 5 months, and I always grab my Kindle to go with me, and it has been a great comfort to me. My hubby is getting the Kindle Fire whatever, but I am happy with mine. Plus the games it plays.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

what about the battery? i just read one person say they were requested to send their kindle back to them and got a refurbished one in place of it.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 PM

I love my Kindle, I got mine with 3G, so I could download anytime, anywhere. It is great for traveling, you don't have to carry a bunch of books. I carry mine in my purse so if I have a few minutes to wait, I can read. You can also get samples of books before you buy. And I found out my library has books you can "borrow". Not sure how that works because it is free. One of the best things I have bought lately, love it. Amazon has great tech support, too.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Hi there! I have a kindle and an android tablet. I read more on the android tablet than the kindle but it is heavier than the kindle. It really kinda depends what your specific needs are to which item would fit you best IMO. The biggest reason I chose a kindle over the other competitors is that Amazon usually has the best book prices and I get around 5 or more free books every week from Amazon. I subscribe to a blog who sends out an email listing all the freebies and tells a little about them. Saves me more time so I can quilt.....

PS My battery lasts a really long time. Most of the time I don't even turn mine off - I just let it sleep....
Old 10-12-2011, 12:09 AM

I bought a Kindle last spring and absolutely love it. I bought the one with WiFi so I could download books anywhere there is internet; sometimes even while you are traveling. The one I bought is now selling for $149, which is $40 less than I paid last spring.

The advantage to a Kindle over a Nook is that Amazon gives free books all the time for the Kindle. They usually charge for books on the Nook. There is a page on Facebook called Pixel of Ink, or I believe they will send you an email as well. Each day; several times a day, this comes out with all the current freebies and the books that are 99 cents. There's several sites that send out info on the free books.
I think I have about 240 books loaded of which I've probably bought 10 or less. They rest were all free through Pixel of Ink.
The one thing I would wish for is to have it with an internal light. The Kindle doesn't come like that yet. I did buy a leather book like folder to protect and keep my Kindle in and also got a portable light that attaches to the folder. Got all of mine through Staples; but noticed Walmart has them as well.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949
The advantage to a Kindle over a Nook is that Amazon gives free books all the time for the Kindle. They usually charge for books on the Nook. There is a page on Facebook called Pixel of Ink, or I believe they will send you an email as well. Each day; several times a day, this comes out with all the current freebies and the books that are 99 cents. There's several sites that send out info on the free books.
It's pretty easy to convert kindle books to work on a nook.